Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Blackguards 2 Announced

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I think 6 party members makes for a good sized and fun party, ala wizardry 8.

Disgruntled

Savant
I like that they're making a sequel but this is a bit early for a release. The best scenario is that they've kept the foundations from the first, with this being all content, map additions and balancing for a year.

They dont need to reinvent the wheel and the story sounds pretty forgettable to waste any resources on.

Just give us 60+ hours of TB combat with well customizable parties and factions wars (while minimizing the grindy mobs from the last game). It will be a day one purchase with that.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
D1P. I enjoyed the first game alot. Best encounter design ever and best fun I had in turn based game in a decade.
Also, arguing about the story. Lol. Faggots. You all played the game and and you get what the game was about and still bitch about the story and main characters. Seriously, who gives a fuck.
I want me more and better combat items/skills/whatever and more evil encounters.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Is it going to have some plot this time?
Haven't played the original since everyone says is has no story and characters are boring.

Morkar Left

Is it going to have some plot this time?
Haven't played the original since everyone says is has no story and characters are boring.

I only played the demo, but that isn't true. It has some story which is a bit generic (which is typical for fantasy or strategy games) but imo well performed. Chars are stereotypical fantasytropes with a twist (mental illness and the like).
I played the demo till I reached a besieged fortress where you have to do some annoying combats and stopped there. Before I enjoyed all combats but because there isn't anything else besides story it became already old. It's a game I have to play with breaks inbetween.

circ

Arcane
D1P. I enjoyed the first game alot. Best encounter design ever and best fun I had in turn based game in a decade.
Also, arguing about the story. Lol. Faggots. You all played the game and and you get what the game was about and still bitch about the story and main characters. Seriously, who gives a fuck.
I want me more and better combat items/skills/whatever and more evil encounters.
What encounter design? You mean the exact same linear encounters in every playthrough?

I just hope there's less linearity, more thought given to party members, a bigger party and completely redone spellcasting system because those spells were shit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I heard that instead of expanding it into a proper CRPG they made the sequel into a quasi-wargame

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I heard that instead of expanding it into a proper CRPG they made the sequel into a quasi-wargame
Makes sense. If you have a good battle system and nothing else, might as well maximize it.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What encounter design? You mean the exact same linear encounters in every playthrough?

I just hope there's less linearity, more thought given to party members, a bigger party and completely redone spellcasting system because those spells were shit.
How many playthroughs do you need to say you played the game? I played it for like 50 hours, 1 and a half playthrough then I had some other stuff to play.I finished it once and thats more than 93% of the players did.
If I hated the game as much as you did, I doubt I'd give it more than 3-5 hours of my attention.

Seems you'll get your way in the sequel on some complaints, I just hope its not gonna be some pointless grind filler. Maps/encounters were really well designed in the last game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Makes sense. If you have a good battle system and nothing else, might as well maximize it.
OTOH I'm potentially interested in combat crawls but not at all in King's Bounty clones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom