Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye Blackguards - turn-based tactical RPG set in The Dark Eye world

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Excellent!

Advanced CC alone is enough reason to replay the game when its fully released.
The initial skilling of the Warrior always bothered me as not making much sense, lore-wise.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And bought.
Probably wait until advanced cc is out before I play it, I guess.
How much hard drive space do I need for this, anyway?

LeJosh

Savant
Ah, Steam forums, always mad about something. This time it's the price and the devs deleting threads that are moaning about the discount.

:cmcc:

Mortmal

Arcane
I am happy about the discount since i was waiting for the final version, but you gotta admit than 50% this early is a slap in the face to many people.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
50% off already?

I guess the RPS article has convinced them that critical reception will be lukewarm at best, so they're trying to cash in on the Early Access as much as possible. :P

Eyeball

Arcane
Wasn't going to get this game, but the 50% discount is too tempting.

Got one gripe, though: judging from the description, this sounds like a sequence of tactical battles with stats rather than an RPG, like Final Fantasy Tactics or something. Is there some actual roleplayey stuff in it or is it strictly linear and level-based?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Got one gripe, though: judging from the description, this sounds like a sequence of tactical battles with stats rather than an RPG

:rpgcodex:

Is there some actual roleplayey stuff in it or is it strictly linear and level-based?

Strictly linear and level-based, mostly, except for some side-quests and stuffies.

LeJosh

Savant
I am happy about the discount since i was waiting for the final version, but you gotta admit than 50% this early is a slap in the face to many people.

Yeah I see why people are upset. It is only an 8 hour sale but they should've chosen 33% off, maybe?

Edit - if there is any extra dialogue at the moment: does it affect things in the story or mostly superficial by allowing you to bribe (for example) easily?

Amn Nom

Learned
Been watching this for a while, can't argue with what looks to be a great game for $12.50.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, 50% off before release seems pretty weird. Well, I got it, so I suppose it worked?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just derped around for an hour, game chrashed once and I played on normal. Gotta say I was a bit suprised at the difficulty, but nothing I couldnt handle. Almost died tho in that fight by the coffin cause I didnt close the holes in time, 3 or 4 more fuckers crawled out.
I messed up too by giving a sword to the dwarf and midgets hit chance went from 95% to 55%. Way to gimp myself in that fight. So pro. I dont know anything about The dark eye or its system so that could add a bit to the difficulty.
I liked the combat, dont think its too hard and I think if you lose a fight atleast you'll have a plan in your head before entering it again instead of going blind.

Can you change weapons in the fight? I entered a fight with 1 arrow left and couldnt find a way to switch, had to reload a save instead to change weapons.
Also, in the Char Sheet there is shitload of stuff to spend AP on. Should I focus mainly leveling the main stats or spend them evenly? Powerlevel a single stat or distribute a bit more fair?

2 cents from a noob

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just derped around for an hour, game chrashed once and I played on normal. Gotta say I was a bit suprised at the difficulty, but nothing I couldnt handle. Almost died tho in that fight by the coffin cause I didnt close the holes in time, 3 or 4 more fuckers crawled out.
I messed up too by giving a sword to the dwarf and midgets hit chance went from 95% to 55%. Way to gimp myself in that fight. So pro. I dont know anything about The dark eye or its system so that could add a bit to the difficulty.
I liked the combat, dont think its too hard and I think if you lose a fight atleast you'll have a plan in your head before entering it again instead of going blind.

Can you change weapons in the fight? I entered a fight with 1 arrow left and couldnt find a way to switch, had to reload a save instead to change weapons.
Also, in the Char Sheet there is shitload of stuff to spend AP on. Should I focus mainly leveling the main stats or spend them evenly? Powerlevel a single stat or distribute a bit more fair?

2 cents from a noob

There are 3 different slots to equip weapons : you can switch between them in combat at the cost of one action.
You should focus on skills rather than primary attributes in the beginning, imo : it'll increase your chance to hit with weapons and spells and make your life easier. Primary attributes are damn costly, didn't put any points in them in the first two chapters and that worked out well. You should always conserve some AP, this way you'll be able to compensate when you face a thougher than usual situation. Talents like perception and warcraft are also useful to get info on the ennemies and the terrain : it'll help you avoid bad surprises.
have fun. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom