Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blade of Darkness re-release

ferratilis

Magister
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1710170/announcements/detail/5111020716034983560
Full Controller Support - v83 (Dec 17, 2021)

The new update brings full controller support to the Blade of Darkness. The key changes introduced in the new build:
-
[new feature]
full controller support
-
[new feature]
optional smoothed camera (OPTIONS --> VIDEO)
- optional vibration (CONTROLS --> GAMEPAD)
- ability to remap controller controls (CONTROLS --> LAYOUT)
- visual reference for controller's bindings (CONTROLS --> GAMEPAD)
- updated tutorial, mindful of controller experience
- automated combo panels (respond to input device)
- dynamic support for controller's glyphs (Microsoft, Playstation)
- fixed empty screen during loading
- fixed various crash scenarios, improved stability
- fixed os.utime function
- various localization improvements

The current v74 build is retired to the rollback branch.

Also, it's discounted.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
This new version still brings some nasty surprises.
For one - when you don't use VSync via GPU panel you might encounter strange teleportation. Found green gem in the Dwarfs Mines, tried to climb up from the pit and it send me to starting point in that level.
It happened while playing climbing animation - it looked like my character grabbed the ledge of the first pit and climbed up.
You can't pull that in the game, it ain't Tomb Raider ffs.
Then even walking on the steps caused sudden teleportations.
Shit's wild.

BTW. Anyone know exact number of saves which gives you different title?
found it
1, 2 = AWESOME!
3-5 = Heroic
6-9 = Bold
10-14 = Normal
15-20 = Prudent
21-27 = Coward
28 and more = Lazy
per level?

Wunderbar

Arcane
per level?
You can beat easier levels without saving and save three or more times on harder ones, and still receive Awesome rating. The only limiting factor is "26 or less saves" for the whole campaign.

UaxjuOR.png

index.php

Arcane
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1710170/view/3694678490417176608
Blade of Darkness Major Update

Last months were quite busy working on the major update for the Blade of Darkness. We've checked your feedback, talked to some of you directly and as a result came up with the list of improvements that we want to implement. Let's go straight to this list to show what was done:

- upscaled textures (thank you for all your help and support SrRaulCL)
- bug fixes for the game’s save system
- reworked camera with the ability to freely look around outside of the combat
- better controller support
- new visual features: improved anti-aliasing, HDR, bloom, SSAO, motion blur
- massive patchwork across the game
- SteamDeck support (pending Valve's approval)
- console versions release

Thank you for your support of Blade of Darkness IP across all these years and if you want to spread the word about the game - that's a good moment as we are also putting it on 50% off discount.

Have fun! :)

SNEG team

laclongquan

Arcane
Fuck a freaking duck. Did the image maker never think how that blade can cut off the head of the holder if his hand just slip one bit?

Other images can do it because the blades has a long blunt part at the beginning of the edge. This razor blade can headchop you in one blink~

Beowulf

Arcane
Fuck a freaking duck. Did the image maker never think how that blade can cut off the head of the holder if his hand just slip one bit?

Other images can do it because the blades has a long blunt part at the beginning of the edge. This razor blade can headchop you in one blink~
You can notice that the Barbarian has leather straps coming from the sword belt that act as an armor.
Not only it is a very sturdy hide, but the barbarians have so very thick skin, that this joke wouldn't pass through.
Besides, the armor protection averages out for the whole area, so for lower levels even a basic loincloth's protection can reach the neck area.

That' like RPG Barbarian 101.
Paging ERYFKRAD for his expert knowledge of the subject.

Ash

Arcane
I played this as a kid, loved it, but don't remember much. Which is the best class to play as?

Wunderbar

Arcane
I played this as a kid, loved it, but don't remember much. Which is the best class to play as?
Knight is the best character for the first time players, he has the best armor and OK weapons/moves.

Amazon is very agile, she's the only character that can dodge-roll like in the souls games. Her weapons have the best reach too. Very fun to play, though she may seem a bit too easy if you're good at twitch-skill action games.

Barbarian is, surprisingly, a glass cannon character - he has low HP, but deals a whole lot of damage with his two-handers. He's fairly difficult.

Don't play as a dwarf. Devs ran out of time and couldn't finish Dwarf's moves properly, so the guy sucks a major dick - half of his special attacks have bad hitboxes and will miss the enemy through no fault of the player.

Squirrel

Novice
Knight is best overall because you can use all of your combos with the Ianna sword. Amazon is OP with her class weapons but she swings the Ianna sword like an idiot. Barbarian can also use combos but Ianna sword is like half the size of his 2h swords so it's kind of lame.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't play as a dwarf. Devs ran out of time and couldn't finish Dwarf's moves properly, so the guy sucks a major dick - half of his special attacks have bad hitboxes and will miss the enemy through no fault of the player.

I finished with the dwarf first, imagine my suprise after starting with another character back then...

geno

Savant
Do they plan to add the workshop to the Steam version? I also heard that this version doesn't include multiplayer, is that right?

Playing this since yesterday with the Knight. Kinda cool but also getting annoyed at the fact that cannot perform almost any weapon ability, except the one where I have to press attack and then "W+S" together. That's it, none of the other ones comes out, no matter how much I try, with different timings and so on. Actually thinking of restarting with gamepad to check if that plays any better.

*edit* Oh ok, I am just a really smart guy. Somehow didn't notice level requirement indicators to the right of these attack descriptions. :lol: Though I still cannot perform these dodge attacks, that I do meet a level requirement for.

Oh never mind I read those inputs wrong, thought I was supposed to do it while sprinting, turns out it's just pressing Space and sideways. I really catch on quick.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did the remaster thing add a crosshair to the bow and arrow firing or am I gonna have to take out my trigonometry book again?

Did the remaster thing add a crosshair to the bow and arrow firing or am I gonna have to take out my trigonometry book again?

No crosshair, didn't see any option to turn it on either.

Fuck these poisonous orcs in second mission are cunts. Or maybe I made a mistake choosing this as second mission. Wasted the Power Potion i got in first mission on the first orc, and now dying to the second one.

Spike

Educated
Started this game ages ago before the big based update. Only got to the second mission, the mines, then fell off. Restarted and just played 4 hours straight. On level 4 with the Knight, of course. Fantastic game so far, absolutely loving it. Exactly my kind of jam. High adventure, the good stuff. Injecting into my veins. Really going to enjoy this one and thanks to the CRPG Book I learned there are custom fan-made missions and a survival mode type deal to do when I complete all 4 campaigns. Ooh yah, baby!

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I love to play with the Dwarf and finished the game with it a few times.

At first it felt like a challenge but as i played with him i found his dodge actually quite good for a counter hit.

Last edited:

yellowcake

Arcane
Adding crosshair to the game would be an abomination. The game has in fact quite excellent arrow physics and learning to shoot good is quite satisfying. It's a pity we only get low tier bows that are usable only early in combat. The game clearly was intended to have heavier tiers of bows later on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom