Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines 2 no longer being developed by Hardsuit Labs, delayed past 2021

vonAchdorf

Arcane
So what Eurojank shovelware dev team is Paradox gonna hire to shine up the shitpile of code that Hardsuit left behind? Of course Paradox will make sure the game is finished, they don't want to refund the sweet filthy lucre they've already collected from pre-orders.

Maybe the team that did The Council. It really felt like a WoD scenario. And it was a awesome puzzle adventure game. Shame the episodic format kinda obscured it.

They are making their own Vampire game at the moment.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...g-narrative-rpg-from-the-council-devs.127595/

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
They are making their own Vampire game at the moment.

Well there you go, perfect. The Council is really WoD as fuck. Its a very cultured game with great historical references and paintings, conspiracies everywhere, and really nice writing which you dont see a lot in videogames. The only jank are the character models.

Barbarian

Arcane
The council had some of the worst and most stupid videogame writing that I have ever experienced.

That the first couple of episodes were good and managed to keep the player interested are no compensation to the fact the whole thing was a clusterfuck filled with idiocy. Also it had a single good puzzle - rest was pretty much interactive fiction and fetch quests.

mondblut

Arcane
A prequel set in the 1930s or 1940s would be far more interesting than a sequel. Lots of events that took place at that time are referenced in the original game. It was the first time the Camarilla tried and failed to take over L.A.

Nines, Isaac, Gary...they would all be there.

Eugh! Imagine the amount of racism and heteronormativity in there! I literally never!

Zeriel

Arcane
I didn't expect the conductor to come out of the trainwreck, insist it wasn't a trainwreck, then try to push the train back onto the tracks. Its going to be interesting to see just what happened when someone leaks the never released game twenty or thirty years down the line.

Speaking of never released games, the unreleased VTM MMO by the guys who did Eve looked pretty neat in the leaked screenshots. Even if it was mediocre it would have turned out better than whatever this is.

XhimQ4d.0.jpg

G5qLWUY.jpg

Did they ASK FOR CONSENT?!

ns8dQNQ.jpg

I'm glad my instincts told me this would be trash from the announcement--never had an ounce of hope. Not sure what to make of those who did.

Vatnik Wumao

Reminds me of that quote, "You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension." A given generation's decline and mediocrity is the next generation's fabled utopia and wished-for paradise in comparison to the shit they have to deal with.

That's just nostalgia talking. Decline isn't universal and for many people, the current generation lives better than the previous one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom