Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BloodNet Released on GOG

made

Arcane
Yeah you guys totally know better than an industry insider who, now at the apex of his career, is developing rhythm games for mobile phones. :roll:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's a really good video though. Enjoying it atm.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I finished BloodNet three times. My only complaints that combat should be done a little better and character system not very useful.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
So you recommend it?
Indeed. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but game is marvelous if you give it a chance. Learning controls without manual (compilation CDs like "200 adventure games and RPGs" ruled, but sorely lacked supplemental material) is not one of my fondest memories, though.
Might buy it on GOG if (when) the price drops...
That's your error right here.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game has a horrid user interface (including and maybe especially the combat). And if you do play it, don't dally around, even if there is plenty of optional stuff to do with various violent or non-violent solutions; the game is under a hard time limit (you can make it worse, but can't make it better).

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
If you know what are you doing, you have a lot of time to do everything. So game really shines on the second playthrough.
Hint - the most severe loss of humanity caused by murder-for-feeding, not the consumption of blood itself.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If this uses DOSBOX, you can change all they keys to whatever you want them to be. That's how I made Ultima Underworld bearable, by mapping the keys out like a modern FPS.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
If this uses DOSBOX, you can change all they keys to whatever you want them to be.
It's just a question of slightly confusing GUI itself, not the keys.

That's how I made Ultima Underworld bearable, by mapping the keys out like a modern FPS.
:x There is nothing wrong with UUW controls!

Diggfinger

Arcane
So you recommend it?
Indeed. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but game is marvelous if you give it a chance. Learning controls without manual (compilation CDs like "200 adventure games and RPGs" ruled, but sorely lacked supplemental material) is not one of my fondest memories, though.

Know where to DL it? On Abandonia etc. I only found crappy 5MB versions of the game...

Thanks for the description. The RPG elements will probably be the selling point for me though, is there any meaningful character development??

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
That nanobots thing doesn't even work, though. It's equivalent to just drinking a vial of blood -- it doesn't stop your bloodlust from rising again. Just one of the many, many bugs in the game.

made

Arcane
OK I won't argue that; it's been 2 decades since I played it. The way I remember it the nanobots took care of the vampirism for good.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So you recommend it?

Know where to DL it? On Abandonia etc. I only found crappy 5MB versions of the game...

Thanks for the description. The RPG elements will probably be the selling point for me though, is there any meaningful character development??

If you watched the vid, the dev is pretty accurate.
This isn't RPG, more like adventure game where you talk a lot but not much interaction. The combat is bad, the attributes are frustrating as hell to figure, you can literally create dead end characters if you made the wrong choice (MCA's DIPLOMAT, for example) But I gotta say, the LP vid commentary were spot on and entertaining. And discouraging enough for me not to play through it again.

zwanzig_zwoelf

619958-bloodnet-dos-screenshot-big-trouble-s.png

More like docking, amirite?
You son of a bitch.
Firing up my WinUAE, like, now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom