Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Brian Mitsoda fired from Bloodlines 2

Eli_Havelock

Learned
You guys can't stop focusing on the DLC stuff huh? The answer is likely more prosaic; he couldn't manage the team size increased (20 to 80 is a huge jump), made promises without the team's buy-in, and was working people until the turnover and culture were so bad that they quit, and he was fired. That's consistent with the earlier interview with whoever on the team who kept talking about trust, and the anonymous post from someone inside.

So a Sr Narrative Writer now does the job of a Producer? DLC actually involves his job given how much the narrative would have to be altered to accommodate squeezing out more Paradox DLC Diarrhea.

Speaking of which roles are what at Hardsuit, this seems like a good page to keep an eye on. I wonder who will pick up the clues and piece them together.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Eli_Havelock are you telling me he didn't have a managerial role? Focusing on his title isn't very informative when thinking of all the roles Mitsoda played. He was deeply involved with the creation, publisher pitch, and marketing of the game. From my cursory reading, it sounds like he brought the team together to make BL2, and helped secure funding from Paradox.

To think that such a person doesn't have a large presence at a company, outside of the title of their position for a game, is quite naive.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even if Mitsoda didn't have a managerial role, the other guy who got fired sounds like he did (Creative Director). My hunch is that these two were seen as a team committed to the same (perhaps uncompromising) vision, such that it didn't make sense to fire one without the other.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the poor man was just a mascot they dragged around events lmao

JqV09nZ.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
Don't know the source of this discord chat other than this being posted by some random russian on twitter and I can't find it posted here on the dex already (unless it's several pages old).

EgLndgWWsAAl0D2

The fact they hired a "shipper" was the dead giveaway that this was the case. Production mismanagement. People like that guy they hired are the "closers" of the video game industry. The game is just triage at this point.

I really hope it was caused by wokeshit.

Something like Brian forgetting someunits preferred gender article, or him actually going on an intraoffice rape-spree.
Most likely Fursuit didn't know how to manage moneys.

Last edited:
Making a game is expensive though.
Yeah, but getting a huge ass publisher involved would only make it more expensive. Also, this is why you can't really be a successful artist and businessman at the same time. Maybe do something on the side for money, then funnel that money into game (or whatever else) development?

Making a game is expensive though.
Yeah, but getting a huge ass publisher involved would only make it more expensive. Also, this is why you can't really be a successful artist and businessman at the same time. Maybe do something on the side for money, then funnel that money into game (or whatever else) development?
At the chance of derailing, yeah the "retarded" rating I get because this is more of a pipe dream than a proven strategy, but "sheeple", luj1? How many others how you heard bring this idea up?

Sin2x

Scholar
Here's hoping that the Holy Trinity of Brian, Tim and Leonard will congregate to work on the new Arcanum game after all these years.
Did Brian actually work on Arcanum? I'm fairly sure he didn't.

I never implied that he did. However, you are right in that the third member of the Trinity is Jason. Still, four is even better than three!

Nyx

Novice
Here's hoping that the Holy Trinity of Brian, Tim and Leonard will congregate to work on the new Arcanum game after all these years.
Did Brian actually work on Arcanum? I'm fairly sure he didn't.

I never implied that he did. However, you are right in that the third member of the Trinity is Jason. Still, four is even better than three!
I want Brian and his fingerless gloves far away from any sequel to Arcanum tbh. As for the troika, if they aren't going to make a sequel they should still rescue poor Jason from the crappy studio he's stuck in right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom