Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
i bought it, and have died three times to the starting guys because i am so unused to the style of combat anymore. it's weird, everyone looks potato-ey and already i found two little hidden crevices so yeah this shit's got me good. it looks and feels like it was made in the goldsrc engine. time to git gud and put on the big boy pants. great work man.

:bravo:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The Brigand prequel DLC set in Texas is still in the works. The dude is still alive. I played the first two hours and it was a masterpiece, profits will go to the creator.

Meanwhile, feel free to make your own stories in the World Editor and sell them independently on itch.io or something, collect all the profit. Just include a link to the Brigand store page so they gotta buy my shit first, then everybody wins. You can play the MOD TUTOR story in the Extras DLC to get started with the Brigand Scripting Language (BSL files).

I plan on doing one more patch after New Years to update the copyright date and improve a couple things. Until then I'm gonna crunch on Warlordocracy and finish it by the end of summer vacation (August is the goal).

Screenshots for upcoming DLC:
2901deea9c8f036ecdd5b473a736d222e4c2c199.png

c6a5222dd532e433df7f0b2a7cea778b9a89cba4.png

4bd3dcd8becd7abc436dea81f086effe634e905c.png

68f1b4c0af618b14e3a1ecbd999b05c8a3024fed.png

AdolfSatan

Arcane
I wish I hadn't accidentally bought the transsexual gay novel for 15 Euros and spent it on everything this dev offers on Steam instead.
The guy who runs https://www.brianlancasterauthor.com/ is not me.
Then why does Cherub look like him shaved?

Beat Panama recently. I genuinely think I now like the Brigand saga more than Desu Ex.
I’ve only one critique, which I hope you’ll heed when designing quests for Warlordocracy: chill with the fetch quests, you god damned bug chaser.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
That’s a very nice QoL implementation.

You know, seeing the char stats made me remember: was LC supposed to use his Voodoo skills on his own? Because he never did, and the idea of swapping chars just to cast them and then go back to shooting sounds like a pain in the ass. Come to think of it, he was by far the most useless companion, always jumping in the middle of gunfights with his weird fixation for choosing the shovel as a weapon (it was kinda funny tho).

Brian Lancaster If you don’t mind the question, how were the sales for the Brigand series? Enough to justify developing more DLC further down the road?

Last edited:

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Voodoo decreased sanity, so teammates never use voodoo without you controlling them. I also don't have them waste greades, etc. You could easily edit the AI scripts in notepad and make it look like the thugAI.bsl script I attached from the Panama folder (that should be .BSL, not .TXT).

I'm still making money, just tired of making Brigand DLCs. The guy working on the Texas prequel DLC is still alive, though.

Attachments

• thugAI.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 79

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Voodoo decreased sanity, so teammates never use voodoo without you controlling them. I also don't have them waste greades, etc. You could easily edit the AI scripts in notepad and make it look like the thugAI.bsl script I attached from the Panama folder (that should be .BSL, not .TXT).

I'm still making money, just tired of making Brigand DLCs. The guy working on the Texas prequel DLC is still alive, though.
Fantastic, thank you very much.

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
I fucked up and did two more patches recently, so I'm gonna wait till after the summer sales. I don't think that site likes it when there's still updates all the time.

Gonna finally boot this up after wasting time playing an erotic LGBTQP game called "Baldur's Gate 3".
Still rather pay money for BG3 than some shit that always requires you to be online just to launch the game like Diablo.
Let's just say that I tried out a BG3 free demo.:cool:

I've already had way more fun with Brigand and I literally haven't even completed the shooting range quest. Just fucking around having FUN.

I've just learned the first voodoo spell, but it seems weak and slow compared to guns. It reminded of the lyrics of one song though: "You wouldn't kill a roach with a magic spell, bullets work best for sending niggers to hell."

agris

Arcane
Patron
What’s the deal with the resolution, is anything widescreen supported without aspect ratio stretching? 960x540, 1280x720, etc?

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
There's no 1280x720 in DarkBASIC Pro, unfortunately. Someone on Discord said they were gonna look at the DBP source code, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
EDIT: (The C++ source code for DBP)
Untitled.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom