Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Brigand: Oaxaca - post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
"post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico"

So just modern Mexico.

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
The dude working on the Texas DLC sent me some new screenies.

Attachments

• brig1.jpg
    brig1.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 85
  • brig2.jpg
    brig2.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 84
  • brig3.jpg
    brig3.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 83
  • brig4.jpg
    brig4.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 82
  • brig5.jpg
    brig5.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 85

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
It's a prequel, and Intertribal Intelligence Corporation pretty much describes itself.

EDIT: I know almost nothing about the story. The last demo I played was from 2021.

Jacov

Educated
It's a prequel, and Intertribal Intelligence Corporation pretty much describes itself.

EDIT: I know almost nothing about the story. The last demo I played was from 2021.
Screenshots look good actually. Just worried it will copy Fallout too much.

Is the demo publicly available?

Jacov

Educated
Thanks ;)
Just finished it. Looks promising for an alpha.

Laughed when I saw that night with a prostitute costs 100 jink (and you get clap), but a double barrel with two packs of ammo costs half as much.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

New snow weather effects coming early January, along with a new challenge map in BATTLES DLC. Snow won't be used in the main stories, but you can use it in your own stories.

Spukrian

Savant
I just finished this.

I've haven't had this much fun in ages. I played almost every day since I started. It's like FallOut: New Vegas except all the boring parts are removed AND the good parts of Deus Ex are added.

I played a Melee/Throwing character. That said I did use guns a lot, but the game doesn't penalize you enough for bad pistols/rifles skills. There are some skills that I never explored fully, e.g. Survival, Stealth but that is for a replay. I never invested in Voodoo because most of the spells were direct damage (a bit boring I'd say).

Well, stats:
10/10 story points (sadly I accidentally read a spoiler, in this thread, that I should kill Slender, which I did, so actually it should be 9/10 I guess).
129 ingame days
About 50 hours with this character (I suffered from ChronicRestartingitis in the beginning, so I'm not sure the exact amount of time I spent).

I'm gonna play Panama eventually, but I'll take a break and play some other games in the meantime...

EDIT: Thank you Brian Lancaste for this great game!

Last edited:

Brian Lancaster

Laughing Coyote Software
Developer
Thanks for the compliment. I got lots of complaints when the game released about the guns being too inaccurate without skills, so I probably overcompensated. But I'm not gonna change the main story now. I am always willing to tweak the NIGHTMARE DLC, tho. Just made it so AI can pick up items.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/652410/announcements/detail/3868093712818060119

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom