Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Brink sucks

baronjohn

Cipher
I just tried the "demo" and it does suck. They took everything that made Quake Wars awesome, and took a big, fat shit on it. It's got bad performance, tiny, closed, ugly maps, samey weapons, no vehicles, lots of radial menus, it's loud and noisy, the UI sucks, the completely unnecessary character customization makes quickly identifying units a nightmare, it's got EXTREMELY bad AI and enough granade spam to supply the western front.

I give it 0/10 and may Mohammed the Merciful (PBUH) help us all.

MMXI

Arcane
As soon as I looked at the calender and realised it was 2011 I knew this game would be shit.

:rpgcodex:

Multi-headed Cow

BUT HOW CAN BE SHIT MAKE FUN OF CONSOLEFAG???
28a6q1g.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Another sign Brink isn't doing amazingly well on PC
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

13,000 peak players today. On release day. On a game that had a preload. And is Steamworks, so all retail and other online retailers end up on Steam. That's certainly enough people to find games of it to play, but that's pretty shockingly low for release day numbers of players.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Multi-headed Cow said:
Another sign Brink isn't doing amazingly well on PC
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

13,000 peak players today. On release day. On a game that had a preload. And is Steamworks, so all retail and other online retailers end up on Steam. That's certainly enough people to find games of it to play, but that's pretty shockingly low for release day numbers of players.

Well it is not out in Europe yet so that number could go up by a lot after all Americans can't PC because it has to many buttons and non of them awesome.
Then again i have yet to see lot of BRINK related PR on PC sites so who knows.

EDIT.
OH i read through the stats listing on steam and DA2 had 975 people on at peak.
THIS is after the huge SALE!!.

Multi-headed Cow

That's a good point I guess. Forgot they were fucking the dirty euros over.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Quake Wars is an amazing, comprehensively built together game that is clearly a product of love.

It apparently sold like shit. By the time they tweaked it and added noob-friendly in-game voiceovers, most people already left.

So now they decide to make a game of questionable quality aimed at ADD OCD crowd and hope to make money on that.

The sign of their PTSD is right there - they are afraid people "won't get it" AGAIN, so they really, really try to make you watch videos before you do anything else.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wait... apparently there are medics in the game. Why do you have medics in a game with health regen?

Multi-headed Cow

Metro said:
Wait... apparently there are medics in the game. Why do you have medics in a game with health regen?
The medics can jab you with an overheal syringe and have an ability to make your health regen regen FASTER. Plus they can revive downed bros.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
shihonage said:
Quake Wars is an amazing, comprehensively built together game that is clearly a product of love.

It apparently sold like shit. By the time they tweaked it and added noob-friendly in-game voiceovers, most people already left.

So now they decide to make a game of questionable quality aimed at ADD OCD crowd and hope to make money on that.

The sign of their PTSD is right there - they are afraid people "won't get it" AGAIN, so they really, really try to make you watch videos before you do anything else.

Game company's need to learn to go there own way.

The ADD OCD crowd already have there Call of Duty and they will not switch out that game for any thing other then a new CoD.
The way you win over these fans to your game is by giving them something different.
Like the Battlefield series.

It might not sell as much as CoD (what dose), but it is still doing fine because it is something different.

I am not going to buy Call of Duty: Parkour i want something i have not tried before.

Destroid

Arcane
I played the Quake Wars demo for a while and found it generally inferior to BF series games so I didn't bother to buy it.

Black

Arcane
I saw a gameplay video and it looked like every shitty fps nowadays. Iron sights, blood screen, xp for killing shit and so on.
What the fuck is the difference in gameplay between this and cods, fuck if I know.

It's, like, because there are these customization options and, like, plenty of guns and, like tattoos, brah.

Seriously though, this game seems like a mix between TF2 and CoD... Cunt of Doodie and Turd Faggot 2 were shit, so combining them makes... shit times two? Sounds about right!

Coming soon: BUY HATZ/MAP PACKS 4 REAL MONIES

Percy

Cipher
Now that you faggots have voiced your dislike for this, I can safely be comfortable with my pre order not being a waste of money :M

Antihero

Liturgist
Let me ask the (possibly wrong) forum this question: is it anything like ET:QW only without vehicles where a few ace air pilots can waste your time needing almost dedicated antiaircraft infantry? It's not like ET:QW didn't have grenade spam from medcrates, but is this now worse?

Been looking for something to replace the occasional Nexuiz minstagib, but Brink didn't really grab me the way W:ET or ET:QW did. Hopefully it wouldn't be "like every other FPS", sprayin' and prayin'.

Doesn't seem like they have a real demo either... might be inclined to see if it's even worth getting then. Never really cared to read or watch all their hype about it.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Antihero said:
Let me ask the (possibly wrong) forum this question: is it anything like ET:QW only without vehicles where a few ace air pilots can waste your time needing almost dedicated antiaircraft infantry? It's not like ET:QW didn't have grenade spam from medcrates, but is this now worse?

Been looking for something to replace the occasional Nexuiz minstagib, but Brink didn't really grab me the way W:ET or ET:QW did. Hopefully it wouldn't be "like every other FPS", sprayin' and prayin'.

Doesn't seem like they have a real demo either... might be inclined to see if it's even worth getting then. Never really cared to read or watch all their hype about it.

Have you tried Battlefield bad Company.
Air Aces are not a huge problem in that game and the TANKS are powerfully, but not OMG IMB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom