Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bugs and issues (spoilers)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
End-game in general feels kinda ...sudden. Go there, go there, go there, BAM end. Some areas are literally just one conversation. They'll probably add more stuff to do in the coming months to Genezzar and beyond. I'm speculating though, maybe they'll add more content somewhere else.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Well, there are two mutually exclusive questlines branching from one quest, 2 quests each. Other than that, you have a mini-arena if you've finished Maadoran one, ill prospector, another appearance of Militiades, extortion, obtaining the power armor. Sure, it feels more barren than Teron or Maadoran, but it's not completely devoid of things to do. Most of the endgame stuff seems to be focused in different locations.

Where is he in Genezzar? Never found him. Admittedly, it was a few updates back that I finally tried out Genezzar.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Hmm.. GPU temp is capping at 71 Celsius, with quite low settings and HDR and SSAO off. Texture and Mesh on highest setting, but lowering those doesn't seem to matter.

Stompa

Arcane
Where is he in Genezzar? Never found him. Admittedly, it was a few updates back that I finally tried out Genezzar.

He appeared for me after I've done both Darganus' quests, went back to Darganus and there he was, running another scam. Dunno if he shows up after Hector ones.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My laptop runs extremely hot after playing for just a couple of minutes (MSI Ghost Pro, i7, GTX970M) on maxed out graphics. Sure, maxing out the graphics will tax the machine, but it does not run this hot on other games that should be more demanding on the system (e.g. Arma 3). Tuning down the graphics is a non-issue for me personally, just reporting in case you'll look into optimizing performance.

Edit: Will try with V-sync on and see if it helps.

Same problem, but V-Sync introduces huge mouselag.

kaizoku

Arcane
Congratulations on releasing the game guys!

I shouldn't be playing this but just wanted to take a quick peak/death at the game ;)

Anyway, on character creation the banner flag is not showing up for all background types, namely Loremaster, Grifter, Drifter, and Mercenary. GOG version here. Same thing in full screen.

Is his intended?

a5v2Iwx.jpg

Also another thing, any plans for releasing all that sweet concept art and the soundtrack as well on GOG?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Any assassins have trouble with the Aurelian outpost?

Here is my issue:

I go to the Aurealian Outpost, pass one sneak check, fail the other one and have to fight my way out. I kill the workers and two Aurelain guards inside the mine. I can walk right past the guys that were outside and my quest log says "Now it's time to finish the job." but I can't initiate combat against the rest of the guards.

Nael

Arcane

I shouldn't be playing this but just wanted to take a quick peak/death at the game ;)

Anyway, on character creation the banner flag is not showing up for all background types, namely Loremaster, Grifter, Drifter, and Mercenary. GOG version here. Same thing in full screen.

Is his intended?

a5v2Iwx.jpg

Also another thing, any plans for releasing all that sweet concept art and the soundtrack as well on GOG?

Hey Grandpa: It's time to upgrade from Windows XP. You might lose your Windows 98 Rolodex program though. If you need help upgrading message me your landline # and I'll try and help out.

epeli

Arcane
Some buggy stuff I've come across in gog build version 1.0.0.0025:

- Some minor NPCs here and there have empty string as their display name, resulting in weird combat log messages. There's a typo in Azra dialog: adapated.
- Minor graphical glitches: Zamedi tower's portal is visible on the library floor. On the bottom of Dead River, the combat grid and enemies are half sunken in terrain.
- The nullifier device is removed from your inventory if you recruit the mercenary zealot to deal with the first construct in Hellgate, even though you did not use the nullifier.
- In Teron, if you fight the squatters after retrieving the jellyfish artefact, they don't actually become aggressive unless you attack them. That seemed a little wonky.
- In Kemnebi's "Down on luck" quest, after the fight against the Hundred Swords, talking to him opened a loot box instead of dialog. He was alive though and returned to Maadoran's gates after leaving the quest area. Not sure if this is reproducible, happened only once to me.
- The quest to "Find Hellgate / Find out what happened to Esbenus' men" appears to be unfinished? I talked to Domitius about them and I saw the bodies myself in Hellgate, but there's no dialog option to tell Esbenus about it at the arch.
- The entire temple map quest line also appears to be somewhat unpolished. You can skip parts of the quest entirely or do it out-of-order (eg. don't pick up the questline in Teron, talk to Laevinus, then to Domitius), but Domitius and Laevinus will always have the same dialog the first time you talk to them, as if you did things in order.

edit: forgot one!
- Attaching a grappling hook to climb down into Inferiae doesn't seem to work? There's no rope to climb back up. So you're stuck in there if you removed the large power module from Maadoran minaret tower earlier.

Last edited:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Is his intended?

a5v2Iwx.jpg

What does the lower color button do? I clicked it a bunch of times and I am not sure what color it actually changes. The upper color button seems to change hair color...

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Returning to inferia after talking down that dude seems wonky too. Trying to talk to him again while he's at the console restarts the convo as if you just came down the hole.

Seconding this issue, although the game softlocks for me when entering inferiae a second time anyway since I took the power module out of the maadoran minaret. Since I have no way to recalibrate the portal (yet, I guess at some point this is possible?), I cannot get the console-training from the guardian in inferiae for those two reasons. Unless I really am super-blind and dont see the exit from the pit you climb/jump into.

kaizoku

Arcane
Hey Grandpa: It's time to upgrade from Windows XP. You might lose your Windows 98 Rolodex program though. If you need help upgrading message me your landline # and I'll try and help out.

Got to keep it old school.

I use Linux. That is my VM for playing games.

It sure makes my GPU run for its money. But I enabled all options except v-sync IIRC.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I have an issue:

After talking to Lord Gaelius in Maardoran as an agent of House Daratan and saying "I'll think about it" when asked to help him, I wasn't killed on the spot or arrested and was actually left to leave and work on his demise. I found this out of character both with what I heard about House Aurelian and the general attitude of the setting.

Just a thought.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
In Lord Senna's villa there is a lockbox, table and chest that are highlightable as if they were interactable, but nothing happens. The chest must be lockpicked first, before it is placed in this state.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
9a8465e5dfd9270e5a32337d7aed7174.jpg

My "armor" is dented? Really? Is it just wrong line or my "armor" really get more dmg after this? )

1e867287b5d64c5db45d5c3faf2b7ec7.jpg

Typo.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
In Aemolas's village, the option "pull out a scoped crossbow" is broken. I have both a scoped regular and heavy crossbow, but it still says I don't have one.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Okay, playing a bowman turbokiter makes it very apparent just how fucked are the line of sight/hit collision thingies in this game. Let's take for example this fight in the alderaan slums:

JV4CN4Y.jpg

My PC is the crippled guy. There are two solid brick walls between me and the other side where a bowman, a crossbowman and a dude with pila stand around. All these 3 dudes could shoot me at any time around the building, either through those 2 parallel walls or through the side wall when I was running away. It was even worse because I couldn't even shoot the fuckers back. Pretty sure something similar also happened when I was running away from the raiders in Aemolas's village.

There have also been plenty of times when a dude could shoot me from around a corner while I couldn't fire back, it can happen on just about every map with right angle obstacles.

epeli

Arcane
Savegames from training show up as beta saves and give a scary warning, despite working flawlessly. Worth fixing asap since this might be among the first interactions with the game for new players.

bTjZkW5.png

Unbeliever

Learned
It seems that Power to the people quest is bugged. I killed Darganus, but when I went to hector, he didn't acknowledge that.

Hoggypare

Savant
After getting expelled from Maadoran I finished (in a diplomatic way) Aemolas' gold quest. Just after leaving his house I was teleported to Maadoran (and I can roam around it freely) which I shouldn't be able to enter (the dialog box that appears after trying to leave the minaret works just fine).

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
In Aemolas's village, the option "pull out a scoped crossbow" is broken. I have both a scoped regular and heavy crossbow, but it still says I don't have one.
Make sure you have enough ammo, unless you have atleast as many bolts as there are raiders it will show as if you don't own a scoped crossbow.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I get random arm injuries for no reason, print screen doesn't work for some reason so I can't post a screenshot. Preator with heavy armor + infantry shield, no aimed strikes are used on me yet I get -15 attack rating due to arm injury.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
It seems that Power to the people quest is bugged. I killed Darganus, but when I went to hector, he didn't acknowledge that.

The issue happened when you met Hector via Claudia after going with her in the Bernie encounter. If anyone gets this issue before the next update, open the console and write:

aod.npc_hector_met = true;

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom