Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline BureiBuru: Kurohono Puhantasama

Coriolanus

Learned
The mechanics are sound. They just need to pour more money into (the currently atrocious) voice acting and music. There's such an enormous gap in presentation quality between this and GG. Except visuals, visuals are fine.

The bitch herself is confirmed!
There is *one* character that literally made me want to choke her...
300px-Rachel_Alucard_%28Chronophantasma%2C_Character_Select_Artwork%29.png

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The mechanics are sound. They just need to pour more money into (the currently atrocious) voice acting and music.
You're playing with English localization, aren't you? Generally speaking BB has very good voice-acting. In the Japanese version.

Also, personally I'd say BlazBlue has a better soundtrack than GG (both are made by Ishiwatari anyway, so saying they should spend more money is somewhat bizarre).

Coriolanus

Learned
The mechanics are sound. They just need to pour more money into (the currently atrocious) voice acting and music.
You're playing with English localization, aren't you?
Sort of. Trying to learn Noel I couldn't bear the Japanese VA either and had to turn it off. TBH the characters in BB talk way too much for my taste - I guess if I knew Japanese and understood the backstory and context I would have been able to appreciate it?
I'd say BlazBlue has a better soundtrack than GG
I guess it comes down to personal preference... I haven't found a single theme in BB yet that I liked, much unlike GG.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, it's kind of a thing for BB's story mode, it's huge in terms of the amount of talking going on (and incidentally why I give more shits about BB's roster than any other roster, since you get to know them very well). Me and Seboist have trolled Biotards over the fact that BlazBlue has more and better written dialogue than any Bioware game (along with the fact it's still a fighting game).

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Vaarna_Aarne

English VAs don't quite seem to have as much of a fun time with Relius' gag reel like the Japanese VAs do.

EDIT: Also lol at Kokonoe's distort using GOLDEN TAGER X! THE BEAST HAS RETURNED!

Random

Arcane
Patron
GG's soundtrack is extremely roughshod, characterized by Ishiwatari's relative inexperience at writing songs. BB is far more polished and generally enjoyable.

Complaining about BB's Visual Novel-style story is basically complaining about a fighting game having meaningful dialogue.

The English VAs are surprisingly good. Anyone who says that they're bad clearly don't have any understanding of good and bad voice work.

Vaarna_Aarne

Also, just noticed Kokonoe also does Buster Wolf there (the grab she does with the giant gauntlets, the punch there IS Buster Wolf, right down to the spiral shockwave).

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm not entirely sure what that "controversially" part there means. More than likely ArcSys just looked at market data, and figured they're saving money by not doing Xbox versions (I'd guess majority of their cashflow is from Japanese PS3 sales).

Vaarna_Aarne

Haven't watched it, but reviews said that it's got no pacing at all and just rushes through things without any regard to storytelling.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Haven't watched it, but reviews said that it's got no pacing at all and just rushes through things without any regard to storytelling.

That's accurate and so far doesn't cover various sub-plots like Arakune/Litchi, Sector Seven and Carl. The Intro from CT of the out of control Cauldron experiment isn't there either.

Gerrard

Arcane
I was thinking more in regards to the quality of animation/direction/scene composition.
You'd think an anime based on a fighting game would have good fight scenes. NOPE.

Vaarna_Aarne

I was thinking more in regards to the quality of animation/direction/scene composition.
You'd think an anime based on a fighting game would have good fight scenes. NOPE.
The fighting game in question has more (not to mention better) dialogue than any Bioware RPG tho. Crazy, I know.

Gerrard

Arcane
What? An anime based on Blazblue has bad animation?

aizen-vs-bugs-bunny-24277.jpg
That shit was by DEEN, so it's hardly surprising.

I really hope they only spent as much money on this as it appears, because that was money thrown down the toilet.

Random

Arcane
Patron
All of the budget for the new anime went to Noel and Rachel. They're the only thing that look good. There's a scene were Jin does an absolutely hilarious move where, rather than using ice car or something that is signature for him, he just summons... a block of ice. Not a shard, not a blade, just... a fist sized ice cube. And he throws it at Ragna. It's kind of pathetic.

Also, based on the ED it looks like they intend to somehow cram both CT and CS into the whole thing. Talk about a rushed story...

Vaarna_Aarne

Someone uploaded the animated cutscenes from the story mode on interwebs. Obviously spoilarz (but less, if you're not fluent in Moonspeak). The most important part is 5:50.

Gerrard

Arcane
I watched some dude stream the ending. It was absolutely retarded, also ends with a cliffhanger, again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom