Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
- Nov 6, 2011
Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo is the sequel to Wizardry: Tales of Forsaken Lands. The location once again takes place in the kingdom of Duhan, which is located on the continent of Venoa, but more than hundreds of years in the past. The Holy King Ortrud, the ruler of Duhan, and the one who brought peace to the continent twenty five years ago, is inviting adventurers from all over the world to his kingdom to solve Duhan's latest, and its worst crisis:
The appearance of the legendary witch Aurora and the demonic activities that come from Karman's Labyrinth, a huge maze located under ancient ruins of the past.
The game, like Forsaken Lands, is a hub-based First Person Dungeon Crawler in which the player generated character can gather a party of up to six adventurers (including him or her) of various professions that are well known to the Wizadry series + some newcomers, to explore a huge dungeon, and eventually find out the truth about what is unfolding in Karman's Labyrinth.
Like Forsaken Lands, the game's unique and main mechanics are TRUST and ALLEID. TRUST shows you how strong the bond between your party members is, and allows you to use and find more coordinated attacks that are known as ALLEID. Coordinated attacks and your party formation also play a bigger role in this game than in most other Wizardry games, and it's crucial to maximize both if you want to advance in the game (Solo play is impossible).
The general gameplay loop however is the same as every other DRPG out there. Grinding is not necessarily required, even though the game is harder than Forsaken Lands.
Busin 0 basically plays and almost looks the same as Forsaken Lands, though its a bigger game that comes with a lot of QOL improvements that were much needed in its predecessor.
- On top of that, the game heavily expands on the Vigger Shop, and offers you the possibility to upgrade the shop, unlocking more side content, fetch quests, and other services while exploring the labyrinth.
- Another new feature in Busin 0 is one of the new classes that can only be strengthened by grinding cursed items and magic stones. It's a very unique class that has some ties to the main story, so it won't be spoiled yet.
- Alleid attacks also have EX or alternative versions now, which trigger under certain conditions, like for example a Knight and another front line fighter performing the W-Slash Alleid with a high TRUST rank and a certain Party Leader level.
- Some side quests can have alternative outcomes depending on if you do them during the time limit or not.
- There is a message board now where you can read random trivia and nonsense from Duhan's citizens.
- Characters come with their own Personality Traits, and can have Potential Abilities if you're lucky.
- New classes and much more!
The game comes with five story companions (one of them not shown here) who may occasionally sum up events of the main plot line in the game. Naturally, there are more companions in this game, but they only come with their little side quests, and don't have anything to say about the main story.
She was a nun at the Church of Salem, who got transferred from Haris six months ago. She had been working in the church caring for the people of the city, but with so many wounded being brought out of the labyrinth every month, she wondered if there was anything more she could do, and decided to go into the labyrinth by herself.
The heir to the now defunct royal family of Illyria, he is a man of venerable sorcerer's lineage. He has come to Duhan to gain wealth and fame, vowing at the grave of his deceased wife to restore his family and build up his homeland.
A female knight who used to adventure with Simson. In the few days she has been out of the city, her squadron was wiped out, and her party leader's will to live was destroyed. She is going to challenge the labyrinth to find the culprit, and the truth.
An adventurer who suspects that the Royal Family and the Order are not only recruiting adventurers to explore the labyrinth, but to use them for something else. She is investigating the connection between them and the power that is Alleid.
The earliest confirmed case of the witch Aurora was in the country of Narkia, 600 years ago. There, Aurora is said to have summoned a demon from the heavens in the presence of the king of Narkia.
HOLY KING ORTRUD
The Holy King Ortrud, who brought peace to the once war-torn country that is Venoa. Now the ruler of the kingdom of Duhan.
BERGRAN VON BUREN
He is the leader of Duhan's Royal Knights, and has gained great trust by the king and the country's people. Recently, there have been a series of disappearances in the labyrinth, and he is looking for adventurers to help him investigate those cases.
The Lord of Webster, Ferry Lefort, is the grand chancellor of Duhan. He was engaged to the late Princess Oriana.
- Bar Luna Light The place where you can accept most of the game's side quests, read the message board, and play the Trap Game (disarm traps practice)
- Adventurer's Guild Let's you manage your party. You can create, rename or delete your characters here. Class changes are also possible (minus the story companions).
- Alchemy Guild The place where you will create magic stones to learn magic.
- Church of Salem Cures you of all ailments, most status effects and death.
- Adventurer's Inn Sleep to level up your characters
- Vigger Shop Help Lucy to create Duhan's greatest shopping imperium!
- ??? Not opened yet!
- Karman's Labyrinth The main dungeon.
There are 17 classes in the game that are all attribute and alignment locked. It's possible to start the game with a Advanced class if you get a lucky roll, but the expert classes all have very high attribute requirements.
- Fighter Your usual run-of-the-mill frontline fighter. Nothing too fancy about this one.
- Priest Only class that can cast Holy Magic up to LVL7. Can Dispel Undead.
- Magician Only class that can cast Sorceries up to LVL7.
- Thief More chance for more loot, and a big bonus to trap disarming. Needs also way less XP for leveling up.
- Knight Combination of Fighter + Priest. Better class than Fighter. Can cast Holy Magic up to LVL5.
- Bishop Can cast up to LVL 6 Sorceries, and up to LVL 6 Holy magic. Can also identify items and Dispel Undead.
- Alchemist Can cast up to LVL 4 Sorceries, and up to LVL 4 Holy Magic. Can create magic stones on the get go, and strenghten ???.
- Samurai Fighter + Magician. Can cast up to LVL 4 Sorceries.
- Ninja Has +%ID (instant death attack) with every weapon. Can cast up to LVL2 Sorceries.
- Monk Can cast up to LVL 5 Holy Magic, and can Dispel Undead. Has a VERY limited choice of gear, but will trivialize the game with a certain Allied attack.
- Gizoku Thief who has the steal option. Can cast up to LVL4 Sorceries, can cast up to LVL 4 Holy Magic. Can use longbows too.
- Omnitsu Must be unlocked through main story. Better version of the Ninja. Can see through Dark Fog. Can cast Sorceries up to LVL 5.
- High Thief Second best class in the game. Comes with the same bonuses as thief but improved. Can use almost every item in the game, and can cast Sorceries up to LVL4, and Holy Magic up to LVL4.
- Shogun The best class in the game. Can dual wield items. Kills everything with a certain katana. Can cast Sorceries up to LVL 6.
- Paladin Must be unlocked by finding special items. Has improved armor rating, heals the party per turn, and can cast Sorceries up to LVL 6, can cast Holy Magic up to LVL 6.
- Dark Knight Must be unlocked by finding special items. Can equip every cursed item without a malus. Can cast Sorceries up to LVL 6.
- ??? Hidden class later revealed in the game. Can not be taken by the main character.
Personality traits are not important for your main character, since you don't need to build up TRUST with him or her. If you however are planing to ditch all the story companions of the game, and want to create your own party, these traits will play a much more important role, because there might be incompabilities between your created characters, whereas the story characters all are compatible with each other. Compatible, or incompatible basically means, that TRUST will increase or decrease much faster if something happened that the companion may, or may not like. If for example a party member with the “ADVENTUROUS” trait is walking around with five companions that have the “PUSILLANIMOUS” trait, his or her TRUST loss will be extreme after a TRUST increase or decrease condition has been met.
- Adventurous Fight and explore hard!
- Fraternal They are moved when companions are brought back to life.
- Tribal Lover True friends are those of the same race!
- Sociable Adventures are more fun in large groups.
- Cooperative Performing Allied Actions is important!
- Studious Their first for knowledge is insatiable!
- Intellectual Love to synthesize, learn magic, and strengthen stuff.
- Short-Tempered They feel refreshed when a battle ends quickly.
- Anxious Want to see the Undead really dead!
- Determined They love to kill!
- Bold Not scared by traps at all!
- Pusillanimous They just want to get away from the enemy!
- Wasteful Always try to use the stuff you have!
- Sadist They like the feeling of physical and mental suffering.
- Maiden Heart Let's have fun, and adventure together with other girls!
- Belligerent Motivated to stand up to strong enemies.
- Lustful They like to be in a harem of the opposite sex
- Moody It is simple, when they are in a good mood, they're well. When they're in a bad mood, than they're not well.
- Superstitious They have a feeling that they'll have luck if they beat their enemies first.
- Bored Searching the labyrinth should be quick business.
- Lonely They are lonely and don't want to get involved with other people.
- Stupid It's somehow nice when others are happy!
- Cautious Fight to the best of our ability!
- Just Friendly demons are their allies!
- Hoarder They want to earn a lot of money while exploring the labyrinth!
- Collector Exploring the labyrinth means searching for items!
- Hot-Blooded Let's have a good time, fellas! Don't be adventurous, woman!
- Ecologist Sell unnecessary items instead of throwing them away!
- Narcicist Critical Hits are beautiful, arent't they?
- Economist Smooth and secure management is their deal, the HOARDERS might think so too.
A Potential Ability is a bonus that a party member might receive as soon as he or she reaches LVL20-30. Mind you that there is no way to tell if a member of your party is eligible for a Potential Ability until you have unlocked a certain someone at the Vigger Shop, and have the companion's fortune read. This basically means, that you have to be very lucky if you want your party leader to get a Potential Ability! Example:
- Charisma +5 attribute point bonus for all party members when TRUST rises.
Check Post #2!