Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I have a problem with this game, too. It looks too beautiful :P
I’ll crank up the bloom - Oblivion-like. Would that solve the issue for you?
Fun aside, I actually find this to be a deep topic. I believe that games should be either realistic-looking or animated-looking. There's nothing wrong with not choosing a near-realistic look—apart from not being able to appease the angry kids and thus not being able to make enough money, that is :P It's just that a game should know where its place is. Best to stick with the animated-looking stuff if all you can do in the former is a half-assed, angular, semi-empty attempt. It's too bad that a large portion of developers (amateurs as well) don't see that. Or worse yet, they know of this but are forced to conform the as-near-to-realism-as-they-can-get stereotyped mongering.

But honestly, and without buttering it up, your game looks like one of the few that seem to blend and transcend both approaches.

Last edited:

Buster

Novice
It’s more like that I have finally found that sweet spot I was searching for all these years. I may yet tweak things here and there, but I am mostly working on missing systems, refining existing ones and working on content now. The art direction is close to where I want it to end up.
So how far a long are you? I know it's done when it's done, but...this year? Next year....this decade?

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
It’s more like that I have finally found that sweet spot I was searching for all these years. I may yet tweak things here and there, but I am mostly working on missing systems, refining existing ones and working on content now. The art direction is close to where I want it to end up.
So how far a long are you? I know it's done when it's done, but...this year? Next year....this decade?
This decade is a fair assumption.

Barbalos

Savant
Wow, this is really looking beautiful! As a huge B@K fan I'm very pleased to see the progress of Call of Saregnar over the past few years, it's very impressive! Great work Rhuantavan, and good luck moving forward! I'm sure this will be a quick buy for me when it is eventually released!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom