Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Captain Claw

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The current version that is on the Claw Recluse website is actually easier than the original unpatched version was. For instance you started out with fewer lives and some enemies dealt more damage. Certain bosses were also nerfed such as Wolfington and I believe the last boss as well.
I am clearly getting old, as this sounds like a good thing.

catfood

AGAIN
My favorite levels are 3 - "The Foothpath", 8 - "The Shipyards" and 10 - "The Cliffs". Really awesome.
The last two levels are particularly nasty, with loads of traps and just very difficult all-round.
Level 11 has you fighting a boss by the name of Red Tail. Can be a rough battle.
The final level and the final boss are rather difficult. You will lose several lives, that's for sure.
The current version that is on the Claw Recluse website is actually easier than the original unpatched version was. For instance you started out with fewer lives and some enemies dealt more damage. Certain bosses were also nerfed such as Wolfington and I believe the last boss as well.
Really? How are they easier?
I must be playing an older version.
I already gave you examples as to how the game is easier than it used to be. I'm talking about the original 1.0 version that I had a CD-rip back in the day. The official patches that Monolith put out made the game easier. I don't know if the Crazy Hook patch affects the balancing or it just addresses technical issues.

Ba'al

Scholar
I only know about this game because the prettiest girl in school installed it on the class computer. There was also this one time when I turned the monitor off while the pc was still on and a clueless teacher yelled at me because "the monitor will blacken". The same girl defended me and said that turning the monitor off is fine (and apparently she had more authority than me so the teacher backed off). Later in life she went on to become a model while I went on the codex to complain about games.

The game is pretty cool, I guess.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Game's good, but it made me hate 2d platformers forever.
Which helps when a lot of indie market is 2d and platformers...

Morroweird

Educated
I remember being very intrigued by the demo, but I see it has a reputation for hardest 2D platformer? Maybe I'll just play some Alien Rampage... or Realms of Chaos... instead of going through the trouble of using that CD-image

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I remember being very intrigued by the demo, but I see it has a reputation for hardest 2D platformer? Maybe I'll just play some Alien Rampage... or Realms of Chaos... instead of going through the trouble of using that CD-image
It certainly is a difficult platformer.
It requires timing and precision.
Definitely try it out, don't be put off by its difficulty. You will learn through trial and error.
It's a really fun game.

catfood

AGAIN
No way is this the hardest 2D platformer.

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer
Going to some school friend's house in Eastern Europe meant they would have Frozen Throne, AOE2/EE/Rise of Nations, some modded half life version, some modded CS version,CS 1.3, FIFA and of course, this game.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The 2000 Techland Polish release they have on https://captainclaw.net is not the first version available in Poland, I think? My CD is different, I don't remember if there was a box at all, just a fancy CD case and a manual, so maybe mine was a later one from a cheap magazine+game set? I'll need to have a look and compare the dates if there are any, it gets a bit hazy after 20+ years.
I'm not entirely crazy after all. Mine is from 1999.

"Gra bez przemocy" (Game with no violence) I guess it is, when compared to Blood.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The 2000 Techland Polish release they have on https://captainclaw.net is not the first version available in Poland, I think? My CD is different, I don't remember if there was a box at all, just a fancy CD case and a manual, so maybe mine was a later one from a cheap magazine+game set? I'll need to have a look and compare the dates if there are any, it gets a bit hazy after 20+ years.
I'm not entirely crazy after all. Mine is from 1999.

"Gra bez przemocy" (Game with no violence) I guess it is, when compared to Blood.
Damn, son!
That looks really good.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
"Game for everyone"
Maybe in a timeline where everyone played NES/Nintendo etc games with high difficulty...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom