Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt announce that the next Witcher game is in development using Unreal Engine 5

Pound Meat

Prophet
So just like everyone predicted, they announce a new Witcher and the NPC consoomer immediately forgives them and pledges to buy one zillion copies.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Honestly a competent TES like game would surprise me. And I would try it for sure, even if I never enjoyed a single witcher game, and just found half of the first game charming in its eurojank before they were known. I guess Elden Ring moving millions of copies in a few days is making people try to feel the wind.

I think capcom will also jump and make Dragon Dogma 2 on re engine now that they know how to use it better after dmc RE games etc. If so fucking awesome, seeing RE2\3 experience, the amount of bikini mods on DD2 will make skyrim modding blush a little.

willkydd

Novice
Not necessarily supporting in house development of everything, but more coders and fewer "artistic" types makes for an internal culture that is more conducive to meaningful games. Creative types are just people who aren't good at anything so they self-brand "creative". Real creative people are creative in a more specific context where they also happen to be talented.

Zeriel

Arcane
Honestly a competent TES like game would surprise me. And I would try it for sure, even if I never enjoyed a single witcher game, and just found half of the first game charming in its eurojank before they were known. I guess Elden Ring moving millions of copies in a few days is making people try to feel the wind.

I think capcom will also jump and make Dragon Dogma 2 on re engine now that they know how to use it better after dmc RE games etc. If so fucking awesome, seeing RE2\3 experience, the amount of bikini mods on DD2 will make skyrim modding blush a little.

Capcom jumping on DD2 because of Elden Ring honestly terrifies me. If they crack the whip and suits make them alter the design to be more "Dark Soulsy" it would end up robbing it of what makes Dragon's Dogma fun.

Semiurge

Cipher
Also, people are really into Ciri being the next protagonist for some reason. I couldn't care less about her so idk what's up with that.

Could it be the simplest explanation...

image.gif

Capcom jumping on DD2 because of Elden Ring honestly terrifies me. If they crack the whip and suits make them alter the design to be more "Dark Soulsy" it would end up robbing it of what makes Dragon's Dogma fun.
Capcom just needs to add coop (already in ddo) and invasions to have a contender (likewise with Nioh 3 and invasions). It's not like ER is that "soulsy" to begin with, what with the ho-hum open world, ubiquitous bonfires removing any sense of tension and how the "humanity" items that give you access to player summons/help are practically free.

Last edited:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
DD2 might actually be the thing that from soft needs. I mean I like their ash of war stuff going on but enemies have way too much dmc type combos on your slow moving ass of a player character. Just buff the enemy health a little and let the player character cancel some animations and do more varied combos like Dragon Dogma.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom