Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt RED has been hacked, hacker threatens to release CP2077 and Witcher 3 source code

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
They're not getting anything for THAT price.

Wunderbar

Arcane
4RsAAR6.png

i02CzZs.jpg
Moscow time?
RUSSIAN HACKERS STRIKE AGAIN

Codex Year of the Donut
They're not getting anything for THAT price.
I'd really be surprised if there was anyone willing to offer more than a few hundred for it as it's nothing but an oddity. It can't actually be used for anything without getting your ass fucked with lawsuits.
Simply viewing something like that could jeopardize your gamedev career as a programmer. e.g., refer to wine not accepting contributions from anyone who has seen windows source code(leaked or otherwise)

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

They got Cyberpunked for real.

They attempted to immerse us by playing the corporate lies and greed then a netrunner went in after the outrage and stole all their data.

I was wrong this is TRUE CYBERPUNK!...

Shame has nothing to do with that crappy game and the situation unfortunately for them is very real!

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I keep seeing people on reddit etc saying, people will copy parts of the source code.

None of them seem to have any understanding of how hard it would be to actually copy complex sections of engine code into another engine. Let alone that it's likely spaghetti code with polish comments.

Also what does Red Engine do so well that other engines don't?

DeepOcean

Arcane
"Group of hackers invade the servers of evil corporation that lies to the public, with the objective of exposing their lies to the world and as result they are being chased by Interpol."

"Interpol agent, Adam Jensen is in charge of the operation in finding those hacker terrorists. On his investigations however, he gets more and more suspicious of Marcin Iwinski, the owner of CDPR corporation."

"Marcin, tell me the truth, why did you release the game on this way? I saw the source code, that thing was dangerous for anyone that tried to play it. It was pratically gaming terrorism."

"It is them Adam, in the begining I thought I was only doing something good for my company but things grew out of control."

"Them? The illuminati?"

"Some call them that... look, it was never my intention to release the game that way, I wasnt aware of the issues, they forced my hand."

[Professional] Marcin, you are the CEO of this company for almost 20 years and you made three big games already, how can you claim that you werent aware of the issues? There is something you are not telling me Marcin, the stock price of your company is going down by the minute, if you dont tell me the truth, how can I help you?

"You are right...They said I needed to include a social re-education app, the game was to be an experiment to bait underground alt-right groups after they were censored on social media, they would think the game was good and we would use that opportunity to brain wash them into social justice with subliminal mensages, this was Zukerberg idea and Bill Gates gave the approval. If I wanted to grow bigger than Poland, I had to play their game."

"Then why you didnt go accordingly with the plan? The game was a mess and wouldnt work as a bait."

"The game was a mess because I couldnt stand it, I felt it was wrong, so I sabotaged my own game, people wouldnt be engaged by it because it was a mess."

"Why didnt you tell the truth?"

"That isnt how it it works, those people, Adam, they are always in the shadows, working behind lies."

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Without the SDK and offline REDKit in particular there's no interest in source code beyond memes, especially without used by these games middleware. As in, the code wouldn't even compile without its dependencies

Absinthe

Arcane
I keep seeing people on reddit etc saying, people will copy parts of the source code.

None of them seem to have any understanding of how hard it would be to actually copy complex sections of engine code into another engine.
It's Reddit. What do you expect? The average reddit user doesn't know shit about programming and the average reddit programmer has probably made a religion out of copy & pasting source code, however stupid that may be.

Let alone that it's likely spaghetti code with polish comments.
English comments are more likely. CDPR has been hiring from western Europe, US, and Canada for a while now.

Also what does Red Engine do so well that other engines don't?
Yeah, I'm having a hard time seeing why anyone would want to buy the Red Engine's source code. Everything about CP2077 screams "we have really shitty programmers."

Codex Year of the Donut

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom