Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt RED has been hacked, hacker threatens to release CP2077 and Witcher 3 source code

Churrasco

Augur
Patron
Wasteland 2
They came up with a pretty lame excuse to delay the february patch

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The most shocking thing about this is that they are still using Perforce.
That was also quite shocking to me.
Like... wtf?

What's bad about Perforce?
It is not per se bad.

But it is a very complicated toolset for a rather simple job.
It offers a million tools on top of version control. Anything from task/issue tracking to collaborative source file editing. And you kinda have to learn it all to get anything out of the money you pay.
But I've never seen or heard of teams that actually do use all the tools it offers.
Most I've seen (and talked to) just used it as a more elaborate git client.

IMO, teams are better off just using git + JIRA (or another task tracker) for the majority of project needs. Collaborative source editing, for example, sounds amazing technically but I don't think it is ever used in many projects.
Bit of a solution in search of a problem. Which of course makes it sound just perfect for many inexperienced CEO types.
Then again, I just prefer simpler text editors with not that much auto help and a sleek command line to get the job done. I'm definitely not the target audience.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
1499-1612650235-1026625432.jpeg

tritosine2k

Erudite
Gerrard can't be the incessant nuisance in another thread once you don't care about the game but outwardly stuff like rating posts ?

EDIT: :autism: detected indeed

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The most shocking thing about this is that they are still using Perforce.
That was also quite shocking to me.
Like... wtf?

What's bad about Perforce?
It is not per se bad.

But it is a very complicated toolset for a rather simple job.
It offers a million tools on top of version control. Anything from task/issue tracking to collaborative source file editing. And you kinda have to learn it all to get anything out of the money you pay.
But I've never seen or heard of teams that actually do use all the tools it offers.
Most I've seen (and talked to) just used it as a more elaborate git client.

IMO, teams are better off just using git + JIRA (or another task tracker) for the majority of project needs. Collaborative source editing, for example, sounds amazing technically but I don't think it is ever used in many projects.
Bit of a solution in search of a problem. Which of course makes it sound just perfect for many inexperienced CEO types.
Then again, I just prefer simpler text editors with not that much auto help and a sleek command line to get the job done. I'm definitely not the target audience.

I'm always suspicious when any dev team uses complex source control/versioning systems.

99.9% of teams only ever use the most basic features.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The source code is probably so shitty that they will have to rewrite large parts of it.

Hackerman: * leaks the code on 4chan *
Anon: ok mr. hackerman, now give the decryption key so we can use this shit.
Hackerman: but it is decrypted.
Anon: wtf

Allegedly, this is the tool used to hack CDPR servers:

AUX5rDA.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
No one will try to use their code to do anything useful with it for legal reasons, there was the case where people used the Thief source code to rewrite the Engine and create New Dark but they had authorization for that as the source code was made public. What will be actually fun to watch in here, if the hackers release the source code, is to see, first hand, how embarassing CDPR coding practices must be. I will surely enjoy savoring all that tasty spaghetti.

just

Liturgist
i will laugh and mock their badly written code but nobody will know i dont even know how to code

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No one will try to use their code to do anything useful with it for legal reasons, there was the case where people used the Thief source code to rewrite the Engine and create New Dark but they had authorization for that as the source code was made public. What will be actually fun to watch in here, if the hackers release the source code, is to see, first hand, how embarassing CDPR coding practices must be. I will surely enjoy savoring all that tasty spaghetti.

In fairness I suspect most big game projects are filled with spaghetti code.

I remember people acting shocked at how messy a lot of Valve's code was in the recent leaks. Gotta say as a dev myself, it really didn't seem anything out of the ordinary.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I'm always suspicious when any dev team uses complex source control/versioning systems.

99.9% of teams only ever use the most basic features.
sounds in line with CDPR's bad management habits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom