Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt RED has been hacked, hacker threatens to release CP2077 and Witcher 3 source code

Maxie

your have been epically pwned!!
how old is this hacker, 70?
The more I think about it, the more this sounds like a false flag operation by CD-Project. "Oh no we've been hacked. Looks like we won't be able to fix Cyberpunk this year after all..."
This message reads like how Karen from HR thinks a hacker sounds like.
There's no way this is fake. The damage this is already doing to CDPR is way worse then giving up on Cyberpunk would be.
the damage in question being what exactly

Salvo

Arcane
I think it's fake, but really hope that it isn't and the hackz0rz carries through.

God knows CDProject needs to be knocked off their golden boy pedestal.

Hackers rarely seem to deliver in these situation. Often they exaggerate what they got away with, and others are too pussy to actually go ahead with their threats.

We can only wait and witness the moment, my friend.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
"unreleased version of Witcher 3" - huh. The game was probably rebooted several times just like Cyberpunk 77.
I thought they mean the remastered version.

Yep, it's probably the next gen port/remaster.

I dunno why the release of unfinished version of that would be "damaging".

CDPR are already deep in the shit right now, one advantage of that is people get desensitised to negative news about the company. Means you can get away with a lot of stuff during the interim.

Codex Year of the Donut
Here's hoping hackerman actually dumped the source code. Maybe then modders can actually fix this mess of a game.
Nothing will come of it even if they do, it will end up being a legal nightmare. Sort of like how windows sourcecode has been leaked a few times and everyone stayed as far away from it as possible.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I think the big news here (but not surprising one) is that CDP got hacked by a brainlet. Couldn't he had at least copy pasted an ASCII dick on the note he left them?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's hoping hackerman actually dumped the source code. Maybe then modders can actually fix this mess of a game.
Nothing will come of it even if they do, it will end up being a legal nightmare. Sort of like how windows sourcecode has been leaked a few times and everyone stayed as far away from it as possible.

That's the other thing, even if source code did get released, and was in a workable form and not missing parts, I doubt anyone would actually use it for anything.

If you used it to compile a different version of the game, CDPR's legal team would be on you like a police dog on a black guy.

just

Liturgist
fuck source code and their games
wanna see some juicy details to create even more drama

Zer0wing

Cipher
Lol who cares. Watch Dogs Legion source code is literally leaked online and nothing happened.

Perkel

Arcane
Better release Cyberpunk's source code, and hopefully someone will fix it.

source code (kind of past 2005) =/= source code of 98 game

There are so many third party tools in works attached to their enviro and engine itself probably custom ones too that getting source code will not give you a way to compile or even get close to compiling game.

Lambach

Arcane
There is official statement for CDPR on this and they confirm it.

Of course CDPR confirms a 'ransom note' written by some 50-year-old Karen in CDPR's legal department who thinks this is what le hackers talk like nowadays. Reminds me of the evergreen "the hacker known as 4chan".

Either that, or the hacker was born somewhere in the mid-18th century.

Perkel

Arcane
Of course CDPR confirms a 'ransom note' written by some 50-year-old Karen in CDPR's legal department who thinks this is what le hackers talk like nowadays. Reminds me of the evergreen "the hacker known as 4chan".

So you are saying that they faked that ? Because if so lolololol.

What DO hackers demand these days? Pictures of female managers feet?

There have been few gaming companies that paid some decent millions. I think the last one was RIOT though i could be wrong.

just

Liturgist
we had police, apartments, complete game rebalance and everything already made we swear
if only those pesky hackers wouldnt destroyed everything, now you'll have to wait till 2022

Perkel

Arcane
we had police, apartments, complete game rebalance and everything already made we swear
if only those pesky hackers wouldnt destroyed everything, now you'll have to wait till 2022

Except in message they say nothing was lost as they had backup before encryption.

just

Liturgist

Except in message they say nothing was lost as they had backup before encryption.
oldest trick in the book.
we have backups but it's from january 10th. since then we fixed everything and now all is lost

Supermedo

Augur
Yeah, the thing I'm worried about is GOG user accounts DB, there no mention of it being stolen so I hope my creditcard info is safe :shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom