Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

I'm joking around of course. I've been giving a glance at the reviews and I'm mildly positive many of the negatives have been once again removed, the same way they did with Death Stranding.

Perkel

Arcane
Say what you will, this game is amazing entertainment. Especially for those who aren't playing.

Which seems to be 90% of this thread folks and most of reddit. Just here to troll around because somehow codex gives a shit about base consoles or something.

huge story spoiler

just fried the fuck out voodoo soys, fuck those niggers.
the part with johny and alt recovery was fucking great
the later part about soulkiller and lighting cig on chair talk is top notch stuff.

Alt attack + rogue comment from afterlife about how "this times are more conservative" makes now so much fucking sense. It is not johny that is weird with his style and delivery. It is V and rest of current time that are soyboys and run scared instead of having balls and doing what they think is right consequences be damned. Also works great as meta commentary on current times.

Now problem is that i want Cyberpunk 2000-2010 instead of 2077.

Holy fuck, how did you people make 80 pages itt in 2 days? It's just Witcher 3 with Guns. I don't know what's so emotional about it.

Yeah, it has it's share of bugs, mainly graphical ones. But since majority of gaymers and reviewers give Skyrim (Bethesda games who practically define "gamebreaking" bugs) 96-100% scores, and as such they have no right to complain about WHICHEVER GAME, this or otherwise. With hotfix 1.04 the only bugs I've encountered are some graphical glitches, and useless trash not triggering pickup correctly. The former happens in every single recent game.

Anyone who bought it on PS4 ofc had it coming.

Gets worse in the main game where you listen to nigger rap music.

I'm 30h into the game and I heard maybe one such track. Play Radio САМИЗДАТ like a true prestigious Slav

KK1001

Arbiter
They didn't spend 5 years on the game. The stuff we saw at E3 2018 and then last year was all they had. The game has been in full production mode for 2 years and needed another year.

I don't understand how anyone who praised witcher 3 as GOTYAY, a 10/10 wouldn't also think this is very good. I am confident this game will squarely get to 8, maybe 8.5 status once it leaves early access in 2023. Couple expansion packs and "FREE!" DLC that really just add back in cut features will do it nicely.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
just made a far cry 3 tyoe of game it would have honestly been better.

28739.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
They need to fix the AI and add more activities beside "go there and shoot people."

They should, but they won't, not those things. They may add more visual polish on the turd but that's that.

Nothing but the cold of the grave.

Real Cyberpunk Experience: I ordered Sushi, I'm drinking whiskey and my desk is full of pills.
Im more Cyberpunk than Cyberpunk. :lol:

Meh, sushi can be replaced with ramen and whiskey with Monster for the same experience.

Use your brain and think about it real hard. Does anyone think CDP who is proudly supporting BLM and is staffed entirely by Polish trannies, diverse people and women, is against this sort of thing? This is the future soft commies want too, just with more handouts and big government.

More likely the higher-ups thought that a more dystopian, depressing setting just wouldn't sell as well. The reviewers have already gotten anxiety from the downer endings.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
They didn't spend 5 years on the game. The stuff we saw at E3 2018 and then last year was all they had. The game has been in full production mode for 2 years and needed another year.
More like 3-4 years they started full production after last dlc for glitcher its clear they needed about 6-12 months more to properly finish it but eh what the fuck do I know they are top selling game on steam still and have 1 milion player peak for a singleplayer they knew they could get away with it and they did gaymers dont deserve anything else.

Mortmal

Arcane
i get like people not liking some parts but the extreme hate it's getting it just makes no sense
Extreme hate can be easily explained , it has very progressive agenda something that threaten their very incel core . Even poor aweigh flipped,an innocent guy who was enjoying blobbers, yet i had no quarrel with him before . Here he comes now rating my post retarded . It's selling a lot , everyone plays this , reminds them that they are nothing absolutely nothing ,their opinion doesnt matter, not one like to be reminded that , so clearly. Secretly they'd like to get it and play , that's their only hobby left but they cant even afford a rig for it , getting it via fitgirl doesnt help it still wont run .They are outcast in the only niche domain they still had . Thats what AAA games are now and will be in the next few years .So many reasons to hate .

Perkel

Arcane
Are those bushes Cutout 2D Billboards?

General LOL at background geometry. If you want to show the game on its good side stick to interiors and city streets where it needs to render a bunch of rectangles as buildings with a bunch of neon lights and do the lighting/reflections/refractions, it doesn't do landscape or distance well.

Nigger if you want to talk about graphics first maybe learn what LOD is and then we can talk. Also get your eyes checked because whoever skullfucked you, sure missed your mouth.

Gastrick

Cipher
We reached a point where graphics no longer matter. Nowadays it's more about art quality and thus how beautiful it is. Cyberpunk is an ugly, ugly game. Ugly architecture, ugly chicks, ugly mulatto hybrids and generally ugly artstyle by talentless artists degenerates. Architecture looks like a mix of a generic skyscraper and an industrial factory.
I'm 30h into the game and I heard maybe one such track. Play Radio САМИЗДАТ like a true prestigious Slav
That's good to hear, the opening song and several clips here with the music had me thinking the whole game was like that.

Wunderbar

Arcane
i bet it was more akin to The Witcher 1-2/Deus ex/VTMB, a hub-based action rpg.
That would have made a much better game.
apparently CDPR don't like it when the game is good, they wanted the game to be worse.

CDPR meme guy who gets 10 years older with each new game shipped said:
If we don’t like something, we have no problem saying, ‘OK, we have to redo this part.’ It can mean we are throwing away months of work, and there were bits and pieces happening like that
https://www.gamepur.com/news/cdpr-explains-why-it-took-cyberpunk-2077-too-long

Last edited:

Vorark

Erudite
There's a disgruntled artist from Tokyo in a bar during certain mission, named Oshima that look like...Kojima
dvdv.png

Was watching random footage and the streamers and "e-celebs" (lol) cameos are reminiscent of those Pillars of Eternity kickstarter NPCs but at least Pillows had the grace to let you kill and loot them.

Perkel

Arcane
The worst part is that the first iteration of the game,most like was 10 times better than the shit we got in the end. That trailer really looked cool and interesting,tho the music was shit.

Lesson: How to spot a retard.

Watches initial CGI trailer for recruitment. Claims it was "version of the game", proclaims superiority of it above current. Naturally doesn't even play current and only knows what is current because he saw gif on reddit. Can't explain what he even mean because he doesn't have anything and his brain is filled with hay.

Few people agree with him naturally showing they are also retards.

The only time there was different version of the game is when i was talking about it because i hunted very early interview with one of leads in polish and translated it, back then game wasn't even in production and it was mostly paper shit before release of TW3. I and few other codexers remember it at max i doubt anyone else so for sure you weren't talking about that. So i don't know what "other version" you are talking about.

See ? another retard. If you would actually play game for more than 2 hours you would fucking see that their small demo from 2018 is just literally 1/5 of prologue basically nothing compared to rest of the game.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
We reached a point where graphics no longer matter. Nowadays it's more about art quality and thus how beautiful it is. Cyberpunk is an ugly, ugly game. Ugly architecture, ugly chicks, ugly mulatto hybrids and generally ugly artstyle by talentless artists degenerates. Architecture looks like a mix of a generic skyscraper and an industrial factory.
That's good to hear, the opening song and several clips here with the music had me thinking the whole game was like that.

what are you talking about. The quality of textures and bakes is great. PBR materials, very high quality bump maps, parallax, AO maps. It's great, on par with Star Citizen. They really upped their game coming from witcher 3.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
slurp slurp.

Geee don't you have like a new ship jpeg release in star citizen or something? A starcitizen fanboy calling me a retard....that one is rich.

PS: Ahhh actually they had to scrap the thing and start over two times. This is the third iteration/version of the game. The first one was made by the witcher 3 team,then they kicked them off and hired biowaste dropouts and decided to remake the game.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Are those bushes Cutout 2D Billboards?

General LOL at background geometry. If you want to show the game on its good side stick to interiors and city streets where it needs to render a bunch of rectangles as buildings with a bunch of neon lights and do the lighting/reflections/refractions, it doesn't do landscape or distance well.

Nigger if you want to talk about graphics first maybe learn what LOD is and then we can talk. Also get your eyes checked because whoever skullfucked you, sure missed your mouth.
You can be Butthurt all you like, that doesn't change that Cyberjunk 2077 can't into LOD and rendering anything at distance and does it at San Andreas levels, if you want to show off "how beautiful" it looks you're not gonna show it like this:
On the other hand I also saw this 4K Ultra PC Screenshot from a Russian site and its comparison with San Andreas, there seem to generally be some inconsistencies with the graphics where apparently indoor environments and stuff that is close up is supposed to look really good at max settings, but there's problems with LOD and sprite replacements of objects etc. even on the highest settings once something gets farther away: https://dtf.ru/hard/279342-cyberpun...-nastroykami-i-zametki-na-polyah-o-samoy-igre
66d22dff-cfc5-5cf4-89c0-749d390c0e05

1607434307077evjqn.jpg

To add to this, go to the end of a long street, look to the far end of it, chances are you'll see Billboard 2D cars at the end of it suddenly disappearing as they come closer towards you whether you are on console or play on 4K/Ultra on PC.
Check the end of the street here for instance, as the "2D sprite cars" come closer they disappear (there was a video showing this phenomenon off better but I can't find it right now):

Or see: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...ehicles_turn_2d_when_you_are_far_enough_away/

Perkel

Arcane
Geee don't you have like a new ship jpeg release in star citizen or something? A starcitizen fanboy calling me a retard....that one is rich.

I start to get it why

unknown.png

PS: Ahhh actually they had to scrap the while thing and start over two times. This is the third iteration/version of the game. The first one was made by the witcher 3 team,then they kicked them off and hired biowaste dropouts and decided to remake the game.

The only other version of game existing was the one i mentioned before TW3 released which was scrapped because after success of TW3 instead of following PnP like they initially wanted, they made choice to make Twitcher with guns. There is no "third version of game". Also 77 was always worked on by TW3 team, when TW3 was finishing they had small team of TW3 veterans prototyping it along with work on TW3, when TW3 slipped most of those people went back to work on TW3 and in that time priorities for design changed and initial work on preproduction was scrapped.

You can be Butthurt all you like, that doesn't change that Cyberjunk 2077 can't into LOD and rendering anything at distance and does it at San Andreas levels, if you want to show off "how beautiful" it looks you're not gonna show it like this:

To add to this, go to the end of a long street, look to the far end of it, chances are you'll see Billboard 2D cars at the end of it suddenly disappearing as they come closer towards you whether you are on console or play on 4K/Ultra on PC.
Check the end of the street here for instance (there was a video showing it off better but I can't find it right now):

Did you see that doctor ? Have you learned what LOD is ? Or you are just plainly enjoying being retard ?

Gastrick

Cipher
what are you talking about. The quality of textures and bakes is great. PBR materials, very high quality bump maps, parallax, AO maps. It's great. They really upped their game coming from witcher 3.
Those are all graphics related things. I'll mention here an exception that ray tracing can be impressive to look at.
Saw a video mention that it uses too much VRAM for the 2060 at high settings, even at 1080p, so try lowering textures or something.
Thanks, I'll try that out.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Just realized in the demos from last year the game had three classes, PCGamer was still reporting up until launch https://www.pcgamer.com/best-cyberpunk-2077-classes-netrunner-solo-techie/

Explains why the Lifepaths are so barebones, it was supposed to be a major gameplay decision that got turned into the open skill tree instead.

It does feel like you have a surfeit of options at any point. Being able to craft, hack, sneak, and full assault/melee all at once is bit crazy. Why does V even need a team with his skillset? Now the closest thing is whether you install something in place of your cyberdeck, either berserk or bullet time. give up hacking to be Max Payne? Hmm.

Trithne

Erudite
Fixer gigs have seemed pretty good to me. Decent variety of tasks and options. Steal a van, plant a bug, rescue a captured boxer, get a cop to stop investigating, sneak into a penthouse, etc. No two have been the same so far.

The police scanner missions should have been hidden by default and only spawn when you actually use a police scanner or something. They're just filler. It's the Skellige map spam all over again.

Best way I've found to play the game is to ignore the Crime in Progress shit entirely (unless i happen to aggro it by running straight into one) and just go from Side Gig to Side Gig. These are the meat of the game. The map needs filters and it would be fine.

Treat the open world as just an oversized hub. Also figured out how to make the cars handle a bit less like arse so getting from gig to gig isn't too painful.

Side Gigs are all in some decently handcrafted areas, and often give a bonus for stealth runs.

Also ignore cyberpsychos.

Sherry

Arcane
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom