Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
looks like the free dlc is about to drop pretty soon

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...cyberpunk_free_dlc_and_expansions_names_leak/
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/omoyzu/free_dlcs_and_expansion_names_leaked/

my guess for what this all means

1.)dlc1_swp -> weapon pack for smartguns
2)dlc2_jposes -> new poses for photomode (lol)
3) dlc3_kab01 -> some new gig in kabuki
4) dlc4_quartz -> new variant of the archer quartz car
5) dlc5_jackets -> new clothing/jackets
6)dlc6_apart -> something new for the apartment? a new housing system sounds like way too much to work it's probably just going to be some decorations for V's current appartment or something like that
7)dlc7_pwp -> weapon pack for power weapons
8)dlc8_mirror -> my guess is that you'll be able to change your hair and shit like that in front of every mirror
9) dlc9_arr06 -> new gig in arroyo
10) dlc10_monster -> no idea what this is, could be a cyberpsycho or new dick size option
11) dlc11_jlook -> another new gig probably
12) dlc12_mfinish -> new melee finishers like in the free dlc for witcher 3
13) dlc13_twp -> tech weapon pack
14)dlc14_arr12 -> another new gig
15) dlc15_ngplus -> obviously new game plus mode
16) dlc16_jpn06 -> another shitty gig
17) dlc17_bwp -> blunt weapon pack

so yeah it's pretty much the same shit that came with witcher 3, not enough to make me install the game again but better than nothing i guess

Last edited:

Tihskael

Learned
I finished the game recently and the only two positive takeaways are the world and the writing. Of course the game tries to shove how things work down your throat every 2 seconds and bugs do their best to pull you out of the experience, but the presentation is top notch and it is a pleasure to roam about in the world, especially at night. The vehicles handle better than most games, even though the rest of the traffic is brain dead. If you can tolerate the bugs, then there is definitely a good 65-70 hours worth of good content burried somewhere beneath all the unfinished bullshit.

Gargaune

Magister

6)dlc6_apart -> something new for the apartment? a new housing system sounds like way too much to work it's probably just going to be some decorations for V's current appartment or something like that
8)dlc8_mirror -> my guess is that you'll be able to change your hair and shit like that in front of every mirror
10) dlc10_monster -> no idea what this is, could be a cyberpsycho or new dick size option
All of which would be eminently uninteresting, maybe with the exception of the customisation mirror. I'd have liked to see some car customisation and cyberware visuals, but none of those pack titles look like they might describe that.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
All of which would be eminently uninteresting, maybe with the exception of the customisation mirror. I'd have liked to see some car customisation and cyberware visuals, but none of those pack titles look like they might describe that.

i'm sort of looking forward to new game plus. i think the game might be more fun to me if i can just max out everything, put on the best equipment and just play through the story without worrying about loot and levels. it's not like the game is a challenge anyway.
i also hope the new melee finishers would make a katana build more fun. it's so fucking retarded how when you are doing a stealth kill V puts his katana away, then grabs the enemy with his hands and snaps his neck instead of just using the katana in the first place. same with the mantis blades they should have been way cooler than what they turned out to be in the final game.

What the game needs is a "skip story" function. Not gonna sit through those endless talky/drivy scenes again.

oh man playing through those turret/car chase sections again is going to suck

Gargaune

Magister
i'm sort of looking forward to new game plus
I can't even be arsed to finish the game as-is.

when you are doing a stealth kill V puts his katana away, then grabs the enemy with his hands and snaps his neck
789.jpg

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...cyberpunk_free_dlc_and_expansions_names_leak/
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/omoyzu/free_dlcs_and_expansion_names_leaked/

so yeah it's pretty much the same shit that came with witcher 3, not enough to make me install the game again but better than nothing i guess
It will be worth a replay only after the 2 paid expansions are released just like Witcher 3 I beat it once and only played it again after the dlcs and some good mods were released.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think this would have been a better game if it were made by an entirely different team of people with completely different goals and a polar-opposite set of motivations.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
7-8 months should be enough bug fixing I guessed (guess again) so I started up the game for the second or maybe third time since December (never got far past the heist mission).
F key still cannot be bound from within the game. I’m all for oldskool but manually editing files is a bit too 80’s.
After the heist mission, some as in December, health bar is gone (can be annoying in combat). The usual trick was to get a status effect, eat some food that gives ‘nourished’ or something. Seven months ago that fixed the problem semi permanently (until it disappeared again for no apparent reason) now it only works while the status effect is active. guess I will wait another 6 months or so before booting up again.

Gargaune

Magister
F key still cannot be bound from within the game. I’m all for oldskool but manually editing files is a bit too 80’s.
The degree of negligence modern gamedevs show PC UIs these days is mindblowing, it borders on contempt. Yet another reminder that the original Deus Ex even had keyboard accelerators. Hell, so did Unreal Tournament if I recall correctly.

After the heist mission, some as in December, health bar is gone (can be annoying in combat). The usual trick was to get a status effect, eat some food that gives ‘nourished’ or something.
I had a different issue with Chapter 3 bolting the speedometer to my HUD, Crispy told me to use an in-game computer and it fixed it. Maybe give that a go if you haven't yet.

Gerrard

Arcane

Yeah, I guess the reason why modern games Cyberpunk 2077 was shit was all the DLC.

fxVhrwd.png

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Yeah, I guess the reason why modern games Cyberpunk 2077 was shit was all the DLC.

fxVhrwd.png
I guess this is incline then?

One brainwashed whore less :salute:

Caim

Arcane

fxVhrwd.png

Given that she describes herself as an Final Fantasy VIII aficionado I don't think that there's any incline here.

Gerrard

Arcane

fxVhrwd.png

Off to ruin another game.

E: actually, it seems she evolved into a twitch thot

dEWwGNj.png

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I've been revisiting the game with Tyler McVicker's 100+ mod spreadsheet and this one in particular really sticks out. Has anyone tried it?
Immersive Roleplay provide a new game experience.
- Gang Wars
- Multiplayer feature
- Scripting System
- Flying AV
- Editor in Game
- Custom Quest
- Taxi mission and service
- Team building
- Custom house, housing and interaction
- A framework to design your own world in Night city !
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1339?tab=description

Codex Year of the Donut
I've been revisiting the game with Tyler McVicker's 100+ mod spreadsheet and this one in particular really sticks out. Has anyone tried it?
Immersive Roleplay provide a new game experience.
- Gang Wars
- Multiplayer feature
- Scripting System
- Flying AV
- Editor in Game
- Custom Quest
- Taxi mission and service
- Team building
- Custom house, housing and interaction
- A framework to design your own world in Night city !
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1339?tab=description
This game can't be saved by mods.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Well, Cyberpunk main storyline is rather good. Where it seriously lacks is side quests, it was greatly done in The Witcher 3 so it's rather sad that in Cyberpunk it is such a low quality element.

Exploration and graphics are nice but again, presented world feels so empty and clueless beyond the main quest. You have almost nothing to do here, some generic low quality side quests
are not improving the general feeling of the game. I was really hyped for this game as i found Witcher 3 to be excellent and very immersive world of action rpg. So it just feel bad to havenext game from CDPR so severly lacking good questing and the world so big but shallow at same time.

Once again it's pain to found there are no good AAA crpgs around. If one needs good crpg, we must look at core games like AoD, Shadowruns, Underrail, Arcanum, Infinity engine ones, or generally speaking more of niche titles. Why we can't get a proper crpg from AAA studios is beyond me. I have to buy Pathfinder Kingmaker, Black Geyser, and dozen of other smaller scope titles but with traditional non action rpg attitude to feel at home.

Cyberpunk looks great but what more? Nothing. It's worth to play just to see nice world and finish main quest but it's not a game to stay on hard drive for years. I can back to NWN, PoE, and dozens of other titles, be it Albion, Fallouts and other well known classics, older or newer. But modern action rpgs? No, thank You , at best it is one way experience, fire and forget, nothing special at all.
It's strange becouse studios with much less resources managed to create immersive crpg worlds, look at Iron Tower one for example and their AoD or beta Colony Ship, you can play and play , playing with stats and different outcomes. Hence even Pathfinder is more interesting, you have different builds and just want to play. Cyberpunk after one run is rather meh, why i should ever get back to it kind of experience.

I just wonder where all that resources go, for paying Keanu? It could be modern Fallout in terms of replay value and various side quests, it can be new Arcanum with amazing graphics. But no, what we get is a kind of videoclip with mediocre rpg value.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom