Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

retinoid

Savant
More from Daniel Vávra (apparently in a Facebook post). I don't know if the quote is translated or not.

https://old.reddit.com/r/kingdomcome/comments/kf8vvb/what_dan_vávra_kcd_director_thinks_about/

He played Cyberpunk on AMD Threadripper with Radeon VII on 150" projector screen.
FB (part of a larger post mostly about projector screens):

"And about Cyberpunk. Check it out. This is really absolutely top game and really revolutionary. I'm sitting in the car next to a woman. Every silly detail of the interior is there and is perfectly rendered. I see everything in life-size and you can see the seams on the jacket, but also the hairs on the carpets on the floor, the dirt on the shoe that actually steps on the accelerator pedal and the pores on the skin that can be seen under the shirt ... Nothing tells me that this is "just a game" and when you look out the window, you see a wide landscape, perfectly lit with great draw distance and incredible detail. This is truly a milestone in game history. In the times of 8-bit, every nerd dreamed of this as the greatest sci-fi. And here we have it. PS: The thing that lies just below the screen in the middle right is a gramophone record. For size comparison."
This fucker has described all aspects of Cyberpunk that have nothing to do with gameplay, RPG elements, mechanics, C&C.

"Nothing tells me that this is just a game", yes Daniel, because it's not a fucking game at all. They forgot to make one.

Terenty

Liturgist
Question:

can i finish the game without doing the Ghost Town quest with Panam which is marked as the main quest? It's completely bugged for me and i can't complete it.

Perkel

Arcane
This manifests itself among in other things, also in the breakdown of traditional roles of family members and the de-sanctification of the family and of having a partner. Notice how many people have families or refer to family members in the game? Almost none to my knowledge so far - I'm still not far in the main quest.
Huh? Just off the top of my head:

- Jackie has his mom in the game, and mentions the family, his father, and his brother
- Ruby mentions her family several times and there's a side quest with her that is basically all about her family
- The main conflict involves literally a family squabble and patricide
- Claire's sidequest (bartender from Afterlife) is all about her husband

I'm sure there's more actually but this is just me thinking about it for 30 seconds.

And the whole detective quest chain, the politics couple, ex-samurai band rockers problems. It is more like game is about everyone trying to survive with whoever they can.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Anyone who started playing games in 90s will appreciate what this game is doing. Back then we only dreamed about reaching this level of fidelity. I really wish CDPR would do remaster of Planescape T with their graphics.

This is not even major character mind you. Just receptionist at Clouds brothel you converse with for like 3-4 minutes and doesn't have anything to in rest of the game.
Her tatoos look much more real than Judy's clip art btw.

Yeah, main quest NPCs and fixers look very well-made. This was also true in Witcher 3 where I think CDPR achieved wonders working within the tech limitations they had. However the lighting of the scenes plays a big part. In Clouds, the female prostitute Skye was looking like something out of a horror movie until after I turned off her "Clouds persona" because the light was falling straight from the top and her face was unnaturally shadowed.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Sorry I don't talk to people who played Skyrim on a console.

No one played Skyrim on PS3. You mostly just looked at scenery in-between crashes.

I feel sorry for Mike Pondsmith.

Nah, he made out like a bandit doing promotion.

fixed. At least we would get attractive trannies.

tenor.gif

Guess I'm not a gaymer cus I don't blindly fellatio the latest hyped gaymz. Imagine the people who actually counted down the days and hours just for the release of Keanu Reeves mass-marketed sheeple "Rpg".

Yo, I was really excited to see Keanu do the same performance he does in everything.

Is there a respec option?

You have to unplug V and then plug him back in.

Perkel

Arcane
Question:

can i finish the game without doing the Ghost Town quest with Panam which is marked as the main quest? It's completely bugged for me and i can't complete it.

Games saves a lot so you should get a lot of saves so just reload. Also what is exactly the problem ?
From what i have played this main quest line is optional, Takemura one is not. That is why they give you two ways. Either pay Rogue or let Takemura figure things out.

I could be wrong though, i am yet to play more playtroughs

Danikas

Arcane
Yeah, main quest NPCs and fixers look very well-made. This was also true in Witcher 3 where I think CDPR achieved wonders working within the tech limitations they had. However the lighting of the scenes plays a big part. In Clouds, the female prostitute Skye was looking like something out of a horror movie until after I turned off her "Clouds persona" because the light was falling straight from the top and her face was unnaturally shadowed.
Not only characters are very well done, locations have great lvl of detail especially for open world game and no fucking loading screens when going into interiors. My screenshots on mix of med to high settings and its still looks great on my 4 year old pc.

photomode_15122020_2142ke7.png

photomode_15122020_136sj7c.png

photomode_15122020_08dqkvj.png

SoupNazi

And the whole detective quest chain, the politics couple, ex-samurai band rockers problems. It is more like game is about everyone trying to survive with whoever they can.
Oh yeah, completely forgot about River and the Federicos or whatever those politician couple's names are.

Not sure what you referring to about the band though, do they have actual family problems (I never did their quests past the actual concert), or are we just referring to the band as a family in this case? (Not that I'd disagree)

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
TW3 feels like amateur work compared to writing in 77
I'm still far from finishing it (CP77) but I'm in the Witcher 3 camp for now, and I doubt I'll see something that will move me from there.

I have a major problem with the way fixers and their missions are implemented.

First, it's too well-ordered and reminds me of the dreadful Obsidian approach of "faction spokesmen". Fixers seem to never cross their respective district boundaries, except Regina Jones for her cyberpsychos.

Second and more important, CDPR made the decision, in some respects making their lives easier, to implement fixers as a cheap version of GTA mission givers. I say cheapened because with GTA missions you at least get some sort of cutscene and dialogue between the PC and the quest giver, that fleshes out both characters. In CP77 it's a few lines of animated voiced introduction, and then for some reason "deets follow" in text form.

Third, which greatly reduces the organic feeling of gigs and steers them towards AssCreed cookie crusher missions - instead of implementing fixers' jobs as a quest chain involving and telling the story of each fixer, their missions are available in batches determined by your street cred (I think) but multiple are accessible simultaneously.

In contrast Witcher 3's secondary characters have their chain of quests - like Kiera or Dijkstra. It's a more storyfag decision but I prefer it in this case.This way the characters seem much more real, and like they are working towards their own goals, which was something CDPR was going for in Cyberpunk as well.

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
Games saves a lot so you should get a lot of saves so just reload. Also what is exactly the problem ?
I think it has to do with my PC, when we ride up to the hotel where Panam strikes a deal with some guys her animation bugs out and the models are all low res and then the game crashes no matter what i do

Danikas

Arcane
Reapa please explain to me why you rated my post retarted do you disagree with my assesment? Do you think this looks bad? Do you think this is low lvl of detail please some feedback dont leave me hanging I wanna know your thought process. :lol:

Perkel

Arcane
I think it has to do with my PC, when we ride up to the hotel where Panam strikes a deal with some guys her animation bugs out and the models are all low res and then the game crashes no matter what i do

Maybe RAM/VRAM problems. This scene has a lot of cars and people. Try lowering your graphics to minimum you can and lowest resolution you can.

AwesomeButton

Patron
TW3 feels like amateur work compared to writing in 77
Fourth thing about fixers - I don't think there is reactivity between the same fixer's missions - doing mission X before doing the same fixer's mission Y. Nor I think there is reactivity between different fixers' missions - doing one mission for one fixer disables another mission for another fixer, and the reasons are shown to the player. This sort of thing existed on a limited scale in Witcher 3.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I think the fixers were an attempt at upgrading the Witcher 3 question mark nightmare into something more involved, but the end result is indeed stuck somewhere between the original formula and actual quests, which makes it even less satisfying, since you constantly expect the story hook to go somewhere, and it never does.

What they should have done is to just remove the question marks. Fuck that open world busywork.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I think the fixers were an attempt at upgrading the Witcher 3 question mark nightmare into something more involved, but the end result is indeed stuck somewhere between the original formula and actual quests, which makes it even less satisfying, since you constantly expect the story hook to go somewhere, and it never does.

What they should have done is to just remove the question marks. Fuck that open world busywork.
Removing the map markers is easy and if it doesn't come in a patch, it will most probably come as a mod, because it annoys a lot of people. I'm lamenting the concession CDPR made about how they implemented the fixers, because that's pretty certainly never getting reworked. They'll stay in this half baked state. If they functioned in the Witcher 3 way, the whole experience of the game would have been something else.

Danikas

Arcane

Some of those gigs are pretty fun I did one where I had to extract a dude from a hotel surrounded by tyger claws I ghosted it stole their car and drove away with the dude without killing anybody feels much better gameplay wise than witcher 3 at least I have some options how I do stuff.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Some of those gigs are pretty fun I did one where I had to extract a dude from a hotel surronded by tyger claws I ghosted it stole their car and drove away with the dude without killing anybody feels much better gameplay wise than witcher 3 at least I have some options how I do stuff.
Yeah, definetly. It's what I mean when I say that CP77 is actually more of an RPG than Witcher 3. I don't know if we have a review for Witcher 3 but if we do, we should definetly have one for CP77.

Imagine the fixers' quests were connected and interconnected between fixers - it would have been as if the city has its own main quest, in addition to the player's main quest.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Oh, when I said the question marks should have been removed, I meant the encounters too. Leave maybe two or three of those small time jobs per fixer (or just repurpose some of the crime spots into fixer jobs) and pool the resources into actual quest lines for each fixer.

Like, you don't even have to invest in mocap and location scripting here. Just have the quest play out over the phone as a chain of related events and combat encounters. You know, give the thing some narrative meat.

Edit: And yea, interconnectivity. You get a hit job from one fixer, go to location, get a call from another fixer with a counteroffer. Not exactly rocket science.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom