Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Yosharian

Arcane
Can't watch that Judy video right now but are we sure it's real? You can do that whole questline as a dude, you just don't fuck her at the end. I watched just the sex scene part and there's obvious clipping issues all over the place, so it wasn't "done." Wondering if it might be fake news but if there's actual unique actual romance dialog for a dude then okay, that's lame. I'm sure modders will sort it out anyway though.

Thing that annoyed me most with Judy honestly is the "tattooed hooker chick is actually the very moral, sweet and sensitive type" trope.
Yes it's real, there's actual male dialogue throughout the whole thing.

People are handwaving it by saying that it was done that way for female Vs who choose the male voice, I don't even remember if that's a thing but it's a bullshit excuse.

Even the sex scene works perfectly fine, aside from there's a bit where Judy goes down on you briefly and literally all they need to do is throw in a dick and it will work fine.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

What do you mean by "whole thing"? Again, that entire questline is doable for a man, you just don't sleep with her at the end.

If she's like "come here stud" or whatever though, then yeah okay.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
P.S. also no romance with GILF Rouge? Would be pretty fun, especially with Silverhand making comparisons to his experience. Although I prefer her younger 2013 punk qtπ haircut more.

:desu:

Readher

Savant
Dunno if you guys have seen this yet but basically there is an entire romance for male V and Judy that's fully voiced, acted, sex scene, dialogue that makes complete sense, this is not fake news this is actual finished content that got removed from the game, I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions as to why.

20 minutes of dialogue/scenes

In ME1, Bioware disabled same-sex romance for Ashley and Kaidan to not cause too much controversy since they already had Liara/FemShep. Now the reverse is happening.

Turjan

Arcane
Can't watch that Judy video right now but are we sure it's real? You can do that whole questline as a dude, you just don't fuck her at the end. I watched just the sex scene part and there's obvious clipping issues all over the place, so it wasn't "done." Wondering if it might be fake news but if there's actual unique romance dialog for a dude , then okay, that's lame. I'm sure modders will sort it out anyway though.
Yep. All you are missing out on is a "sex" scene of less than a minute. It takes longer to write posts about this stuff. If I'd take a guess, they probably wanted to hide the lack of any relationship checks in the game. I fully expect that you can have both possible relationships without any repercussions.

On the other hand, Judy is probably the most developed character of all available (haven't gotten to Kerry yet, but I don't expect much). She also has the most post-quest interactions of all.

Thing that annoyed me most with Judy honestly is the "tattooed hooker chick is actually the very moral, sweet and sensitive type" trope.
She's also a bit moody. In a relationship, I'd expect her to dump her significant other in some suitably dramatic scene.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

What do you mean by "whole thing"? Again, that entire questline is doable for a man, you just don't sleep with her at the end.

If she's like "come here stud" or whatever though, then yeah okay.
I mean that there's flirt lines throughout the video and those lines are voiced when you play as male.

Stuff like 'did you miss me' I dunno

Quillon

Arcane
Most of my deaths were cos of collision with the environment, then...cars running over me so explosions could be the third cause at best :P

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Someone is clearly not observing the arena, as those are often littered with explosive items that are meant to do exactly that.

There are, despite what people are saying here, one-shot kills as well. And too often if I might say so. But yes, simply exploding (when landing from an awkward jump) also happens from time to time.

ADL

Prophet
The most deaths I ever had was that retarded mandatory combat sequence where you had to kill a bunch of guys in a cave with Panam and the auto save was at the start of the encounter. My build was highly specialized at the time for stealth so that was particularly miserable.

Turjan

Arcane
I mean that there's flirt lines throughout the video and those lines are voiced when you play as male.
You get multiple chances to flirt with Judy as a male V, with voiced lines. She just won't be very receptive.

vota DC

Augur

Yosharian

Arcane
You get multiple chances to flirt with Judy as a male V, with voiced lines. She just won't be very receptive.

V: "I been thinking about you"
Judy: "Amazing timing, or are you always thinking about me?"

V: "Is this a date?"
Judy: "Guess you'll have to find out. We'll have to."

V: "Lookin fine in that wetsuit"
*Leads to suggestive lines about dressing up in uniform*

I could go on, this continues for the whole 20 mins. Yeah, definitely not receptive.

Turjan

Arcane

V: "I been thinking about you"
Judy: "Amazing timing, or are you always thinking about me?"

V: "Is this a date?"
Judy: "Guess you'll have to find out. We'll have to."

V: "Lookin fine in that wetsuit"
*Leads to suggestive lines about dressing up in uniform*

I could go on, this continues for the whole 20 mins. Yeah, definitely not receptive.
What I meant are male V's voiced lines. Those you just posted are all in the current game.

I can see that a mod just uses those existing lines, which aren't even hidden, and have Judy answer with her lines meant for female V.

orcinator

Liturgist
The most deaths I ever had was that retarded mandatory combat sequence where you had to kill a bunch of guys in a cave with Panam and the auto save was at the start of the encounter. My build was highly specialized at the time for stealth so that was particularly miserable.
If you can't beat this piss easy game with no build at all you're horrible at video games.

Turjan

Arcane
Seems like a bug, she tells you to fuck off (kindly, though) when commenting her ass in wetsuit.
She answers something like "Don't go there, V."
And yet there exists a male voice recording of the alternate lines
Which alternate lines? All male V lines you posted are voiced and in the game. Obviously, Judy's answers are also voiced and in-game, just that they are only used in response to female V.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom