Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Semiurge

Cipher
At this point, the romance with Judy is, for all intents and purposes, something "semi-official" - no doubt modders will enable this in the game. Even if the CDPR tries to get the files out of the game in the next updates, at this point anyone with the initial/original version has them. The only question here is whether they will give in and officially activate it, or it will remain a MOD / cut content.

Can't watch that Judy video right now but are we sure it's real? You can do that whole questline as a dude, you just don't fuck her at the end. I watched just the sex scene part and there's obvious clipping issues all over the place, so it wasn't "done." Wondering if it might be fake news but if there's actual unique romance dialog for a dude , then okay, that's lame. I'm sure modders will sort it out anyway though.

Thing that annoyed me most with Judy honestly is the "tattooed hooker chick is actually the very moral, sweet and sensitive type" trope.

When aren't they. Chaotic Good on the streets vs. Lawful Evil high up in the towers is an old trope.

ain't we all?

Yes, you are.

So sad we gone from this in Witcher 1:
bsKgFXN.jpg
to just 1 per playthrough in Cyberpunk.

LOL'ling at the funny details. The angle and shape of that tree trunk in the dryad card, the strategically placed catfish and black cat, the rotting plague victims in the background...

Now those would be called toxic and sexist.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why would y'all want your V to romance a tumblrista anyway?
Judy grew increasingly annoying for me as we went through her part of the main quest.

Yes. At some point I was expecting V to just have rough anal sex with her, then cum on her face and say "this is what whores like you deserve. Are you satisfied now?". Then he would throw her clothes out of the window and demand her to leave.

This would be perfect ending for her.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why would y'all want your V to romance a tumblrista anyway?
Judy grew increasingly annoying for me as we went through her part of the main quest.

Yes. At some point I was expecting V to just have rough anal sex with her, then cum on her face and say "this is what whores like you deserve. Are you satisfied now?". Then he would throw her clothes out of the window and demand her to leave.

This would be perfect ending for her.

d5fwb5m-49026ba3-86a6-4707-bb81-77a4e113aa79.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Anybody who accepts anything below 60 fps deserves to be shot in the head.
:negative:

I've been playing at 60 fps for 20 years and i've recently moved up to 144hz where even 60 fps look like shit to me now
I genuinely don't get this tune, is it an acquired taste, some sort of "you had to be there" moment? For decades, my target has been "above 40" and I can't really tell much of a difference beyond that, I'm just as comfortable at 50FPS as I am at 100. In fact, that's Cyberpunk right here, I was running Medium raytracing and realised I could spare the headroom for Ultra and still sit solidly in the 40-50 range even in busy scenes, so I did it. Is it something that I just can't see on my 10 year-old screen, or does it only come into play in competitive online twitch-shooters?

manifactures
Manufacturers.

You need better eyes then as the jump from 60 to 144 was quite evident to me, big enough to make me not want go back if i can help it.

Meanwhile anything approaching sub-40 fps is shiiiiiiiiit.

If the choice is between 1080p@144 and 2160p@60 then 60 it is.

Depends on the games, but it seems here the only choice is 1080p 30 fps lmao

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's not about romances it's about them jettisoning 20 minutes of complete content to please a few woke retards who still hate them anyway.

Turjan

Arcane
The Judy case isn't as simple as the one with Claire, where the whole "trans" aspect is completely superfluous. With Judy, it's implied that her relationship with Evelyn was a bit more than just friends (at least from her side), and her quest lives from the dynamics that her antagonist, Maiko, is her ex-lover who dumped her. The quest is even called "Ex-Factor". By the way, Maiko delivers a few choice words about Judy's character. There isn't really any big surprise involved when she friendzones a male V. I think she works well as a character, whether you like her or not.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
Seems like a bug, she tells you to fuck off (kindly, though) when commenting her ass in wetsuit.
She answers something like "Don't go there, V."
And yet there exists a male voice recording of the alternate lines
Which alternate lines? All male V lines you posted are voiced and in the game. Obviously, Judy's answers are also voiced and in-game, just that they are only used in response to female V.
Wrong. Compare the lines between the two videos where you comment on her ass. In the romance version, there is additional dialogue which does not exist in the non-modded male V dialogue.

Specifically:

Judy: "Should see me in my MaxTac uniform."
Male V: "Whoo. Mean you have one?"
Judy: "Blah blah blah waiting for the right occasion."
Male V: "Heheh, gonna hold you to that."

The lines in bold have no reason to exist unless the romance was written for both genders initially then the male version was edited out.

amazing. so what happens if you romance both panam and judy and do the nomad ending? do you get a harem ending where you are in a relationship with both of them? does judy still send you nudes?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
amazing. so what happens if you romance both panam and judy and do the nomad ending? do you get a harem ending where you are in a relationship with both of them? does judy still send you nudes?

My female V banged both River and Judy and people told me they'd break up with me at the end, but neither did as far as I could tell. However because of the ending I chose, I didn't end up with either of them anyway. Not sure how all that works out depending on dialog choices. In any event, they both said lovey shit on the phone and then I... went away... and during the credits River said more lovey shit and Judy said she got outta town and I should too. Maybe

I think I had a second phone call with River after I... left town... so maybe I somehow broke up with Judy without it being clearly presented that way.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've never considered myself a "chauvinist pig", but it feels like when writing those flirty characters someone mistook "bitchy" for "strong character".

In other words they really understand women.
Women not worth romancing in the first place.

Takemura is right - a young Wakako is the only honorable choice.

jf8350143

Liturgist
You can romance Judy as male v by tweaking some files. I think all of the lines are voiced in the English version, but not in the other language(it will play the female voice for those unrecorded lines).

They definitely starts with the idea that she can be romanced by a character with a male voice, but ditch it half way, it's probably the same with Panam and other LI. You can already romance Panam with a male body female voice V, so all the lines were already recorded you just can't unlock it if you have a female body.

My bet is that they decided to treat a character with male voice as a male in most of the conversations, and realise later that it would be a PR disaster for them to have a lesbian character date a "Mr V". So they add a extra restriction. But leave the straight romance alone because no body gives a shit about how straight people thinks when it comes to this, not even the straight people themselves.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I made a pass at Panam although I knew she is straight just to troll her. :D

In the CDPR kind of "RPG"/interactive movie, if the cinematography isn't on par, the rest of the movie falls apart - I can't take the characters seriously, hence the dramatic effect is off, and I ultimately don't care about the story.

It's an unimaginitive and unoriginal story anyway - another take on "You witness the biawac, your soul is awakened, now you are the chosen one who can speak with the gods".

Zer0wing

Cipher
C is for cuck.
If only. Writing in RPGs is so static it can't simulate any kind of dynamics in relatioship or any form of love triangles. Women like this sort of writing, and oh so progressive devs are failing to supply for that demand.

I seriously have no idea why the industry keeps insisting on romances if it can't satisfy anyone. It doesn't matter if you're a cuck or a waifufag, it's still forced shit.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm more baffled why everyone keeps chasing the "Open World AND Complex Storyline" dream by repeating the same mistakes.

You either end up guiding the player like a sheep through the map, i.e. not really "open world" gameplay, or completely lose track of the player's power level versus enemy power level.

The Open World requires a roguelike/battle brothers/pirates/mount&blade bare minimum story structure with the player writing his story different every time. The Complex Storyline requires the developer to control what area the player is in with respect to how much he has progressed the main quest.

For me the best kind of RPG is a game where the player is "rewarded" with more story, because the story is interesting. The player "buys" progression in the story by learning how to utilize increasingly complex mechanics in order to overcome unique challenges (not simply health and damage bloat of enemies).

Since you can't come up with unique and interesting challenges that fit multiple playstyles throughout the course of a 100hrs long story, it follows that the good RPG is relatively short, and worth multiple playthroughs.

An Age of Decadence but with AAA graphics technology and no teleportation through dialogue choices.

Mintbarbecue

Novice
C is for cuck.
If only. Writing in RPGs is so static it can't simulate any kind of dynamics in relatioship or any form of love triangles. Women like this sort of writing, and oh so progressive devs are failing to supply for that demand.

I seriously have no idea why the industry keeps insisting on romances if it can't satisfy anyone. It doesn't matter if you're a cuck or a waifufag, it's still forced shit.

Actually DA:I did have some moments that felt like straight out of a tacky romance novel, but really only a few lines, then it went back to avarage video game writing.
They should either leave out that crap or actually commit to it.
Then again that pretty much sums up everything about AAA game making, with check lists and focus groups and whatnot.
They try to make a game for everyone and please no-one in the process.
Then you have comming out games that promise romance, immersive world(whatever that is), choices that matter, great game play and actuall working AI etc...
Only to reallise that only one or two of those promised really exist and even that may or may not be, what you want.

I'm sick and tierd of every open world game that's open world only to fill it with MMO crap.

Turjan

Arcane
I have been playing mostly story missions during the last days. After a while, it gets really on my nerves that most of the "character interactions" consist of them being your quest compass, in addition to the one you have anyway. It's annoying. I feel like a toddler who gets told how to walk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom