Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
it's either have a threshold or stop playing games.
Or play old games.

Or play anime gacha games, which have a ratio of 100 non-black characters to 1 black character, if they have black characters at all.

Huh. It's almost like when people are actually paying for the characters they want in the game, they don't buy black characters...

Last edited:

KVVRR

Learned
say what you will but the blind voodoo boy in the expansion had more screen presence going in his 5 minutes of screentime than most characters in the base game imo

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Pacifica is wakanda :lol: your brain on codexium.
"um ackchyually, that's not the real wakanda. it's just a futuristic community of black people mary sues who can hack anything."
your brain on reddit.

you wouldn't have known what I was talking about if it wasn't an effective analogy.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Are you talking about the Voodoo Boys? The group consistently portrayed as incompetent shitheads that got their best, and second best netrunner locked down by a single NetWatch agent?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are you talking about the Voodoo Boys? The group consistently portrayed as incompetent shitheads that got their best, and second best netrunner locked down by a single NetWatch agent?
I thought it was the group that laughs in your face about how they're screwing you while their super secretive leader is right in front of you and you're still armed. :lol:

I mean, who could've foreseen that that would provoke a reaction like unloading a full mag in her face?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
fdf36902983fd17bdc13861bfe1e2298.jpg

potatojohn

Arcane
Man the amount of times you get shot in dialogues for not responding in time is just too high, and doesn't even make sense most of the time. Just CDPR being edgy for no reason

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I got a car theft job for a car that was passing me by on the street, one of those Tyger Claws special sports cars. I start following it, the guy inside curses me something in Japanese, and shoots at me through the window, speeding away. I chase him, kill him, take the car. Pretty nice random spawn GTA mission and the game didn't jank out once. Then I had to bring the car to the garage and I had a one minute timer. After I failed to get there on time, this didn't fail the mission though, just reduced my reward, supposedly. Nice work.

Also the amount of polish they added, small touches, additional messages, followups on quests, it's innumerable. You have to use an XP reduction mod.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
so far i had only single timed delivery and i lucked to get lambo like. Crossed whole map on time

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I like how the driving feels in first person especially on a bike like Nazare and love the Badlands desert area around the city, hunting cyberpsychos, doing the Panam quests to get that sniper rifle.
I also like the missions where you infiltrate a place and you're given freedom and in some cases you do some scouting or preparation like when you go to save Saul, or when you go to infiltrate the Arasaka warehouse to sabotage the float that Hanako will be in, or the first Maelstrom deal with the Flathead or the when you to to save Evelyn from the basement of that building/factory/whatever it was or when you go after Hellman in that gas station etc. To me? By far the best parts of the game. Very similar to Far Cry's outpost system. Which also happened to be very popular as well.
But to get to these missions you have to wade through mountains of shit, and walking and talking segments and waiting for characters to get in place and start their animations etc. Oh, plus when you're doing something important or when you have to focus like sneaking behind some guy or taking a turn on your motorcycle at 140 km/h and your fucking phone rings and you have to choose between dialogue options right then and there.
2.0 does some good and does some bad but it's ultimately the same game as it was at launch.
The perk tree is even worse because it has MMO/Borderlands/Diablo design and also becasue you can also put just the right amount of points into basically every weapon type and become proficient with all of them. As a netrunner, after going into int for the necessary perks I still had 34 perks left to go cool/tehnical ability/reflexes and I could get good enough (damage wise) with tech weapons, sniper rifles, pistols, blades, assault rifles, smgs. Very few perks actually increase the damage output of weapons.
Still haven't finished the fucking DLC because it's so boring. The Chimera chase and fight was by far the best part of DLC for me and that's over very fast. Now it's spy stuff to find other spies and shit.
For those that finished this thing: do you get another great boss fight or something? Do you get anything interesting at all? Boss fights, weapons, decks, cyberware etc?

Ben Zyklon

Educated
As with many systems in the game, Vehicle combat feels tacked on for the cool factor and is pretty shallow.
I recently encountered one little flash of how it could be cool but it fizzled into nothing.
A car full of Maelstrom specifically targeted me to crash into then fire a few shots before speeding away. I shot back at them, they alerted but kept driving off... nothing came of it and they vanished into the ether.
Shooting out of vehicles is pretty useless, but wait until you unlock weaponized cars. Since they come with armor, they are great for initializing combat, since you'll be able to kill few enemies before having to leave your car.
https://files.catbox.moe/sf9fb3.webm

That looks so lame... in fact all that fancy jump did was get you killed LMAO you could have just stayed in your car and cheese them.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Even the blind netrunner from the dlc calls them retarded. I know that I shouldn't expect much from people regurgitating "arguments" they see on 4chan but calling them mary sues cause their faction's main gimmick is being good at hacking? Really?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
All this defensive cope.

I simply couldn't remember what the nigger faction name was and called them Wakanda. I didn't see it on 4chan. Wakanda isn't from 4chan.

Reddit fags when then think something is from 4chan lmao

Even the blind netrunner from the dlc calls them retarded. I know that I shouldn't expect much from people regurgitating "arguments" they see on 4chan but calling them mary sues cause their faction's main gimmick is being good at hacking? Really?
True 4chan brainrot is when you can't decide if CDRP is omegabased for making the black gang a violent haitian group that believes in voodoo and rules the shithole area of the city, or cringewoke for making them hackers

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
True 4chan brainrot is when you can't decide if CDRP is omegabased for making the black gang a violent haitian group that believes in voodoo and rules the shithole area of the city, or cringewoke for making them hackers
Voodoo boys were something Mike Pondsmith (black dude who created Cyberpunk) wrote.

So, probably not "based".

Making them look like gorilla orcs otoh...

5nxPaIL.png

Voodoo boys were something Mike Pondsmith (black dude who created Cyberpunk) wrote.

So, probably not "based".

Making them look like gorilla orcs otoh...

5nxPaIL.png

Mike is not "based", but he's not woke either, he's rational. For example, he recently refused to change his avatar to the pride flag during the pride month.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Mike is not "based", but he's not woke either, he's rational. For example, he recently refused to change his avatar to the pride flag during the pride month.
The woke things about the game are the gender/tranny stuff and the forced diversity.

I don't mean having blacks, but the fact that you're forced to play a character who's friends with some big, soon to be dead Mexican, the fact that the plot always leads you to niggertown, the fact that the only straight female love interest is some kind of mullato, or that the expansion pack that's centered around blacks.

It's not as game-ruining as in a non-futuristic setting, but it is annoying. Especially with redditoids shitting themselves over Idris Elba in every review instead of mentioning how linear and pointless the expansion is, or how the only new ending it unlocks is lame and boring. (Yeah, I looked it up.)

I miss the days when we only needed one token black guy in a story instead of an entire faction and an expansion pack.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The game was clearly de-sexed during one of the redevelopment cycles, back in the 2018 demo emphasis was made on V being able to have one night stands etc.

You get to fully design your pubic hair and genitalia but then it's hidden / disabled the entire game. You never see it again without mods. Even the "Sex scenes" which are basically Witcher 3 tier.. you never engage with that content. They sunk a ton of resources and development time into a dead end feature.

I noticed that in Phantom Liberty they went back and actually added more street content / vendors / fake storefronts ect.. Interestingly.. right at the same time that they claimed Last gen consoles are no longer supported..
I've said it before.. I bet almost half this game is sitting on the cutting room floor. I can only imagine how much shit they yanked to hit a date + run this on last gen consoles.

Missed opportunities and development mismanagement.

Also, am I the only one that finds this game extremely short? From your first mission saving that naked woman in a bath tub to your point of no return after the parade.. it's like 2 or 3 hours if you ignore the billions of "COLLECT EVIDENCE CHEST HERE" quests.

I'm pretty sure the Witcher 3 prologue takes longer.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Also, am I the only one that finds this game extremely short? From your first mission saving that naked woman in a bath tub to your point of no return after the parade.. it's like 2 or 3 hours if you ignore the billions of "COLLECT EVIDENCE CHEST HERE" quests.

F0-D01587-123-A-4-CBF-A0-B4-8878-BA83-AC53.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
24 Hours?

> Bathtub Mission
> Maelstrom Mission
> Hotel Mission

==Prologue Ends== (And by "Prologue Ends" it actually means.. the game is half over)

> Evelyn Parker
> That Chip dude
> V00D00 Boiz
> Parade

== Point of No Return==

if you don't fuck around this is like 4 - 5 hours long.

Trithne

Erudite
I mean, this disregards side stories, which are a bit of a mixed bag, but if you don't do them you're locked out of some endings.

Gigs and NCPD scanners are entirely optional and just for money/exp/cred though.

If you did every side mission I could see it being around 15-20 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom