Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
One of the high points of Phantom Liberty is that there's a dialog choice to tell some vodoo boys in dogtown to let you in because you had no issue ganking Brigitte, so doing the same to them will be no problem for you :smug:
Hey Slider was pretty based and wanted nothing to do with retarted nig nogz from Pacifica shame he gets cooked.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
speaking of grenades, ever utilized emp grenade disabling cyberware? Or am I not doing it because I just use quickhack to achieve the same?

Btw trying monowire with installed disable cyberware to have a boss beater but so far tests are... inconclusive

Yosharian

Arcane
That would be interesting actually because those assholes with Sandevistan are a PITA and I don't have hacks to disable it

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
That would be interesting actually because those assholes with Sandevistan are a PITA and I don't have hacks to disable it
dont know how useful it is, those enemies tend to dash a lot so perhaps cant touch them this way.
There are some other exotic options, like fenrir smg, hope 1 bullet hits AND disables cyberware

Hellraiser

Arcane
dont know how useful it is, those enemies tend to dash a lot so perhaps cant touch them this way.
There are some other exotic options, like fenrir smg, hope 1 bullet hits AND disables cyberware
Regular frag grenades are quite effective against DODGE gangoons, use them a lot although now crippling hax is my go to method, also I remember some getting hit by friendly fire grenades thrown by their gangoon chooms.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
does tech20 bolt disable cyberware?

btw right now im maxed headhunter, with camo. Im perma invisible crouch-sprinting knife throwing... thing. Thanks to cyber auto healing too.

Had 1 occasion when enemies crowded me and instead of running away I started spreading cyberware malfunction through monowire. I soaked quite a bit of dmg but I must say, all those quickhacks and electric dmg flying around was sight to behold. Perhaps I should try it with monowire finisher after all, pair with that cyberdeck which spreads weapon glitches and blindness on overdrive

Trithne

Erudite
BNu40Xt.jpeg

Free of this. Definitely felt it was dragging out by the time I got to the point of no return, just wanted it over with.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just came out of the initial linear part of PL. It felt like Poland discovered Call of Duty, 16 years after CoD4: Modern Warfare. And then maniacally reproduced every cliche of scripted fps combat that used to be exciting to console players around 2010 (because they didn't know of Half-Life). I welcome the occasional linear sequence, to set the atmosphere but jeez, that lasted over an hour. Was the intention to avoid refunds? Anyway I'm glad it's over, it was certainly not fun by the time of the last boss fight. And it not being avoidable is pure distilled retardation.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The story would have flown better without the initial sequence as well. Coming from the base game where the cinematic elements generally don't get in the way of doing stuff your way, the whole thing felt really off.

Yosharian

Arcane
I just came out of the initial linear part of PL. It felt like Poland discovered Call of Duty, 16 years after CoD4: Modern Warfare. And then maniacally reproduced every cliche of scripted fps combat that used to be exciting to console players around 2010 (because they didn't know of Half-Life). I welcome the occasional linear sequence, to set the atmosphere but jeez, that lasted over an hour. Was the intention to avoid refunds? Anyway I'm glad it's over, it was certainly not fun by the time of the last boss fight. And it not being avoidable is pure distilled retardation.
Yeah I've heard that the initial part is the worst bit of the dlc

potatojohn

Arcane
Yeah I've heard that the initial part is the worst bit of the dlc
Well the forced combat is anyway. But I had fun sneaking around, especially when you get outside.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
But I had fun sneaking around, especially when you get outside.
This was good actually, reminded me of the Kinshasa mission in Splinter Cell: Chaos Tneory. You could optionally get into combat, but this didn't set every enemy on the map on your location. The waves of enemies after you got into the stadium (was it a stadium) hurt though, and they were forced regardless of your stealth being perfect or no.

KVVRR

Learned
I didn't mind it (hell I even enjoyed it somewhat due to how visually impressive it all was) but dear god I can only imagine just how annoying it will be for anyone who's playing again after their first playthrough. The base game is already filled to the brim with these unskippable cinematic segments that pretend to need your input but they really, really don't. Did we really need MORE of them?

MasPingon

Arcane
I didn't mind it (hell I even enjoyed it somewhat due to how visually impressive it all was) but dear god I can only imagine just how annoying it will be for anyone who's playing again after their first playthrough. The base game is already filled to the brim with these unskippable cinematic segments that pretend to need your input but they really, really don't. Did we really need MORE of them?
This is what gets on my nerves the most. I've lost it last time I tried second playthrough and uninstalled the game, starting the "Heist" again is like a god damn torture. This game is 3 years old, isn't there any mod that deals with unskippable cutscenes?

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
This is what gets on my nerves the most. I've lost it last time I tried second playthrough and uninstalled the game, starting the "Heist" again is like a god damn torture. This game is 3 years old, isn't there any mod that deals with unskippable cutscenes?
Choose skip to the dlc instead of starting new game. You'll be just after the heist, 15 lvl with respec option and some gear.

Wasteland

Educated

You've reminded me to check up on possibly the greatest mod of all time, which is now updated for patch 2.0!

Skip Unskippable Cutscenes

I don't think I could ever play through this game again without fast forward.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Yeah I'm stopping the stealth/takedown only no perks/upgrades/quickhacks run. It's not possible in the DLC. Just combat arena after combat arena. Forced combat sections out the ass, invisible walls in parts where you should be able to go, essential NPCs, very hard difficulty just adds like 5 zeroes to the Hp of enemies. Fuck this. This is just part 3 of the ancient gods DLC for Doom Eternal. I'll play through at some point with another character.

Wasteland

Educated
On a more general note, I started a second play through last night. Because I hate the cinematic portions of the game*, this time I just sped through the start and abandoned the main quest after the first meeting with Viktor. And I'm having a great time, just puttering around the starting zone at low level, and on Very Hard difficulty, doing Gigs and NCPD missions, while Jackie sends impotent text messages urging me to restart the movie.

What struck me about this experience is how easy it would have been for CDPR to improve the game's pacing. The content is basically already there; all you'd have to do is replace the prologue's 6-month montage with a few extra lines of dialogue, make up a song and dance about how Jackie and V are working closely with Regina (the Watson Fixer contact); string together 5 or 6 of Regina's gigs into a "mandatory" questline culminating with Dexter taking an interest in the new up-and-comers from Watson--and just like that, the rest of the story would gain crucial context. The gameplay would too, TBH; the player would have more basis to feel that he earned the skills to do major-setpiece gigs like the Maelstrom Food Plant and The Heist. You wouldn't even need to pay Keanu for this sequence!

* - I don't actually hate the story stuff; it's well done for what it is--much better than most other AAA developers' attempts at cinematic storytelling, and boy oh boy do they all attempt it these days. CDPR's strength is slick narrative presentation; Witcher 3 blew people's minds back in 2015 not because it had especially good game mechanics, and certainly not because it had gobs of genuine C&C; Witcher 3 blew people's minds because it was the first major open-world game with high-quality narrative content all over the map. It managed to combine Todd Howard's, "See that mountain, climb that mountain," with the tantalizing possibility that something unique and interesting might actually be on the mountain. It was a triumph of presentation. But it didn't age especially well. I'm certainly in no rush to re-experience dozens of hours Quen-spamming dodge rolls interspersed with voice actors exclaiming variations of "Where's Ciri?"

Unfortunately almost every AAA developer has been trying to imitate Witcher 3 ever since. Doubly unfortunate is that Cyberpunk is actually a decent game, underneath all the railroaded glorified-cutscene shit, which just gets in the way of the player's enjoyment once he has some idea of what's going on in the plot. The cutscenes can feel patronizing and confining even on the first play through, much less the second. I wish CDPR would embrace game play more enthusiastically. They're clearly capable; the skeleton of a great open-world immersive sim is here, but too often you can almost sense that the designers pulled back, retreating to lazy "cinematic" resolutions to problems that the player ought to have a role in solving. Gargaune had a great post on this earlier in the thread.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
You people weren't joking about getting way more money in 2.0. It's not normal to pay off Vik's debt fifteen minutes in.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The money curve has a strange hump in the middle levels where stuff gets expensive around the time a lot of chrome options open up. Other than that point, it's not a meaningful element of the world, as is tradition in most RPGs.

Honestly, at this point I'm surprised devs still use money as a plot point. That shit practically never works* and in most contexts, trading favours is a much better narrative hook.

*I'd still be fine with payments being an option during quest resolution, but only if it's tied to a stat - 10 charm and a couple grand gives you the same outcome 15 charm would.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom