Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
So hacking like in this trailer from 2019 will always remain just a dream...
There used to be a mod for that, but the author has disappeared. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4808

Ah, sad news, I liked his amateur netrunners and SDO mods
Btw, the good car handling mod isn't so much Immersive driving, but Cyber Vehicle Overhaul: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3016

But this just changes the stats of vehicles, doesn't it? The mod I linked adds more controls, so you can accelerate slower or faster

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I always thought CDPR was Bioware and they were Bethesda.

1. Masters of hype.

2. Janky jankynes.

3. Die-hard audience, but at least focused on the game itself and not the romances.

4. Lies, lies, lies.

5. "Mods will fix it".

6. Mods trully fix it!

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The whole Panam story is really a microcosm of whats wrong with the game.
1. Talk-and-walk with no interaction or choices
2. Drive around
3. Short action sequence
4. Talk-and-walk with no interaction or choices

It's like the fucking Star Wars prequels.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Scaling difficulty checks on level is shit, locking them based on global difficulty is better. The mod you're linking is just "level scaling, but harder".
Either way you are using a conditional. The difference is which number you use to multiply by. And in this sense using the character level gives a more accurate result about the appropriate difficulty than the hardcoded and predictable game difficulty level.Of course for those who prefer the logic of "Use meta knowledge to draw a perfect path through the game" and like the metagaming, there is the other mod.

BTW car mods are working very well already. I was able to install Cyber Vehicle Overhaul, Erok Driving tweaks, Car Modification Shop, Car Dealer, all the car packs for Car Dealer, and Mercedes C63S AMG. I spen 192 000 eddies on it, but now I'm driving with style:

EwMX0EU.jpg

Ryzer

Arcane

Scaling difficulty checks on level is shit, locking them based on global difficulty is better. The mod you're linking is just "level scaling, but harder".
Either way you are using a conditional. The difference is which number you use to multiply by. And in this sense using the character level gives a more accurate result about the appropriate difficulty than the hardcoded and predictable game difficulty level.Of course for those who prefer the logic of "Use meta knowledge to draw a perfect path through the game" and like the metagaming, there is the other mod.

BTW car mods are working very well already. I was able to install Cyber Vehicle Overhaul, Erok Driving tweaks, Car Modification Shop, Car Dealer, all the car packs for Car Dealer, and Mercedes C63S AMG. I spen 192 000 eddies on it, but now I'm driving with style:

EwMX0EU.jpg
That PS2 smoke effect :prosper:

TwoEdge

Scholar
Vehicle perks, although interesting, are functionally useless because they only work on cars that you own, which you barely get to use for combat. You see, car combat only really happens in the new car missions, and those cars aren't flagged for the new perks for some weird reason. So either I'm missing something, or CDPR fucked up.

KVVRR

Learned
Vehicle perks, although interesting, are functionally useless because they only work on cars that you own, which you barely get to use for combat. You see, car combat only really happens in the new car missions, and those cars aren't flagged for the new perks for some weird reason. So either I'm missing something, or CDPR fucked up.
Even then they're just really weak by themselves. I thought being able to use Sandy while driving would mean I would've get something akin to Franklin's ability in GTA V, but it also slows the car too here, making it pretty much pointless (unless you enjoy watching car wrecks in slow motion)

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So hacking like in this trailer from 2019 will always remain just a dream...
There used to be a mod for that, but the author has disappeared. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/4808

Ah, sad news, I liked his amateur netrunners and SDO mods
Btw, the good car handling mod isn't so much Immersive driving, but Cyber Vehicle Overhaul: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/3016

But this just changes the stats of vehicles, doesn't it? The mod I linked adds more controls, so you can accelerate slower or faster
Rebalancing acceleration also lets me accelerate slower or faster, but I don't need extra keymaps, so it seemed better to me. Also I never liked Cyberpunk's cars' handling and weight, even though they've gone through two official patches now with 2.0., so I put my hopes in this mod. I think driving feels somewhat better with it, though it might be placebo honestly.

For somewhat better feeling of driving I should connect my controller ot at least use a mechanical keyboard for the dosed pressure on keys, but I'm too lazy to do either currenty.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
The whole Panam story is really a microcosm of whats wrong with the game.
1. Talk-and-walk with no interaction or choices
2. Drive around
3. Short action sequence
4. Talk-and-walk with no interaction or choices

It's like the fucking Star Wars prequels.
you forgot about sniper rifle that is marked as quest item and cant be removed from inventory

Hellraiser

Arcane
Ramming a katana down Brigittes throat did feel good though.
Massacring that entire gang is a highlight of the OC for sure. Fuckers.
One of the high points of Phantom Liberty is that there's a dialog choice to tell some vodoo boys in dogtown to let you in because you had no issue ganking Brigitte, so doing the same to them will be no problem for you :smug:

Last edited:

potatojohn

Arcane
Well, I was doing the car mission where you steal a truck off of the arasaka ship, and the game crashed. Now any saved game I try to load crashes.

The funny thing is that I had zero crashes on the original release and finished it without problems. I've had several bugs in Phantom Liberty and now it's corrupted all my saves.

AwesomeButton

Patron
This conversation is hilarious to watch because they've swapped the voice files and the lines. The man talks with the woman's voice and vice versa:

8zq1cBe.jpg

Yoomazir

Educated
What pisses me off is that you can miss specific loot if you don't have Body, Tech and INT maxed. So if you think Reflexes and Cool are nice, think again, they won't help you open doors among other things.
And don't "but they haz unique dialogue lines DUUUR" so does every other attribute.

On a side note, the game feels arcady as fuck now, CDPR really dropped the pretense of attempting to make this game somewhat grounded, enjoy your infinite grenades on cooldown and carry 50 weapons on you. Where do you hide them? Inside your fucking ASS!

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Ok after playing it for a little while I have to ask: is this part 3 of the ancient gods dlc for Doom Eternal?
I mean...combat encounter after combat encounter. Are these people for real? This is an RPG according to them? The fuck....
I got to Chimera fight and I want to know: do the combat encounters actually continue like this until the end? Just one railroad of combat? Because if yes then I ain't playing this shit anymore.

potatojohn

Arcane
Ok after playing it for a little while I have to ask: is this part 3 of the ancient gods dlc for Doom Eternal?
I mean...combat encounter after combat encounter. Are these people for real? This is an RPG according to them? The fuck....
I got to Chimera fight and I want to know: do the combat encounters actually continue like this until the end? Just one railroad of combat? Because if yes then I ain't playing this shit anymore.

It gets better after that sequence. Once you get to your destination, it becomes free roam with missions, just like the base game.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
CDPR really dropped the pretense of attempting to make this game somewhat grounded, enjoy your infinite grenades on cooldown and carry 50 weapons on you. Where do you hide them? Inside your fucking ASS!

Grenades were so easy to obtain, they were practically infinite anyway. Specially if you leveled Crafting. I would just go to a junk vendor, buy the components, wait for 24 hours, buy more and so on a couple of times, then craft enough of them to last me for a dozen quests even when liberally used. Having to buy or craft them didn't add anything to the game, because it was super easy to do so, it was just pointless busywork. If they were rarer, more expensive and more impactful, that would add something because you'd have to be more strategic about how and when to use them. As is, they just removed boring busywork.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Grenades were so easy to obtain, they were practically infinite anyway. Specially if you leveled Crafting. I would just go to a junk vendor, buy the components, wait for 24 hours, buy more and so on a couple of times, then craft enough of them to last me for a dozen quests even when liberally used. Having to buy or craft them didn't add anything to the game, because it was super easy to do so, it was just pointless busywork. If they were rarer, more expensive and more impactful, that would add something because you'd have to be more strategic about how and when to use them. As is, they just removed boring busywork.
And balanced it with cooldowns so you cant spam 100 grenades in a single firefight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom