Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CDPR Group update - 5 Witcher games, Cyberpunk 2077 sequel and new IP in production.

Aphex81

Scholar
ESG...fuck these kikes. They will never see another dime from me, may they all burn in hell.

Gradenmayer

Learned
The reason CDPR went to trash is treating their employees like shit, which lead to everyone with self respect and skill leaving, . There seats were shortly after filled by inexperienced interns who agree to work themselves to half-death for pennies just to get a 1 year experience checkmark in big studio on their resume.

Greed, hubris, lack of skill and talent. The usual big company package.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The reason CDPR went to trash is treating their employees like shit, which lead to everyone with self respect and skill leaving, . There seats were shortly after filled by inexperienced interns who agree to work themselves to half-death for pennies just to get a 1 year experience checkmark in big studio on their resume.

As a company expands in size it will inevitebly dilute the level qualifications of personnel. As for losing people, ironically the Witcher 1 remake is being outsourced to ex-CDPR people.

ropetight

Savant

As a company expands in size it will inevitebly dilute the level qualifications of personnel. As for losing people, ironically the Witcher 1 remake is being outsourced to ex-CDPR people.
Witcher 3 GFX update for "Next Gen".
They are really putting their best Bethesda impersonation with this one.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Weren't Bethesda charging money for their Skyrim reboots? I never followed that story with particular attention.

ropetight

Savant
Weren't Bethesda charging money for their Skyrim reboots? I never followed that story with particular attention.
As I understood, if you don't have Witcher 3 GOTY, so does CDPR - I don't know if all owners of Witcher 3 have GOTY version by automation.
But this is actually release for PS5 and XBOX X, so you can buy it one more time on new platform.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't know if all owners of Witcher 3 have GOTY version by automation.
They gave the GOTY release for free to owners of the pre-GOTY version. The two are separate library entries.
I hope this will be separate too - Witcher 3 was never easy on hardware, and this is probably on CP2077 raytracing level.
The raytracing is a switch in the options. It's any other "enhancements" that I'm weary of.

The good news is that the new clouds and the increased LOD distance are available as options even without enabling RT.

ropetight

Savant
I don't know if all owners of Witcher 3 have GOTY version by automation.
They gave the GOTY release for free to owners of the pre-GOTY version. The two are separate library entries.
I hope this will be separate too - Witcher 3 was never easy on hardware, and this is probably on CP2077 raytracing level.
The raytracing is a switch in the options. It's any other "enhancements" that I'm weary of.

The good news is that the new clouds and the increased LOD distance are available as options even without enabling RT.
There is also new content inspired with TV series, if I understood correctly.

Codex Year of the Donut
Skyrim special edition was also a port to 64 bits + rewrite of the graphics engine, not just some minor changes.
Still should have been free as unfucking your game's performance/issues shouldn't cost extra.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Skyrim special edition was also a port to 64 bits + rewrite of the graphics engine, not just some minor changes.
Still should have been free as unfucking your game's performance/issues shouldn't cost extra.
Is it on Fallout 4's version of the engine?

Perkel

Arcane

Nope still skyrim engine just with extra enchancement. 64 bit is huge because it removes limit to many things.

Codex Year of the Donut
SKSE version is ahead of FO4's version, performance is significantly better.
extremely noticeable with Enderal, the regular version chugs in any high density area(e.g., market), special edition version runs fine.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:M https://www.eurogamer.net/the-witch...s-sounds-like-its-being-rebooted-from-scratch

The Witcher spin-off Project Sirius sounds like it's being rebooted from scratch​

Following CD Projekt "evaluation of the project".

Project Sirius, a spin-off from The Witcher announced by publisher CD Projekt Red last year, sounds like it's being rebooted from scratch.

Last night, the company announced its intention to write-off funds allocated for the project, which was being developed by The Flame and the Flood studio The Molasses Flood.

Today, a CD Projekt spokesperson told Eurogamer that the publisher was now working to ensure Project Sirius was better "aligned with the strategy of the CD Projekt Group".

In a note to investors, CD Projekt said its decision was due to it re-evaluating "the scope and commercial potential of the original concept of Project Sirius, and ongoing work on formulating a new framework for this project".

It sounds a lot like the project may be rebooted from scratch, with or without The Molasses Flood still on board.

When contacted by Eurogamer today, CD Projekt declined to say anything more definitive on the status of the project, or its potential future, for the time being.

"Thanks for the inquiry," a CD Projekt spokesperson told me. "Our current focus is ensuring that Project Sirius is aligned with the strategy of the CD Projekt Group. At this point in time, we are neither providing insight into the evaluation of the project nor the potential future frameworks thereof."

Little is known about Project Sirius, other than its status as a spin-off from CD Projekt's The Witcher franchise designed to launch alongside a suite of new Witcher titles from CD Projekt itself.

Project Sirius was announced last October as part of CD Projekt's ambitious project roadmap, which included a fresh trilogy of big budget The Witcher titles and a Witcher 1 remake.

Away from The Witcher, CD Projekt also announced plans to develop a full sequel to Cyberpunk 2077, and a brand new IP codenamed Hadar.

CD Projekt bought Boston-based studio The Molasses Flood back in October 2021 to work on Project Sirius. The developer was originally founded in 2014, and remains best-known for its 2016 roguelike river survival game The Flame in the Flood. It also released village-building adventure Drake Hollow in 2020.

Gerrard

Arcane
dEhHFsM.png

:betrayed:

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom