Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Chefe does Fallout 3

tunguska

Liturgist
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
227
volourn said:
FO3 is a Bethesda game. It sucks. The end.

Nice. Short, but very sweeet. It comes right to the point. This would have been a much better review than Chefe's and a lot less embarrassing to the Codex. If it were posted as the official Codex review it would have been quite funny. Instead of participating in the massive orgy of Bethesda/Zenimax fellation, the Codex would have stood out as being different. People could at least say that one site out there disagreed with the deluge of Bethe$da loving. Now even Bethe$da themselves can link to the review and say "See! Even the the most rabid of the old Fallout fans love our new game." I think VD had better hurry up with his review. Although you can only rush a masterpiece up to a point. I am hoping that it will be really, really, really good. It will also be interesting to see if his high opinion of the game holds up until he finishes it.
 

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
28,038
Almost done. 4700 words. I'll try to make it a bit more manageable though and will remove a 4,000 words story of my childhood dreams to play another Fallout game, dreams that now came true. I gave the game 12/10. Well done, Bethesda! Well done!
 

DefJam101

Arcane
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
8,047
Location
Cybernegro HQ
Vault Dweller said:
Almost done. 4700 words. I'll try to make it a bit more manageable though and will remove a 4,000 words story of my childhood dreams to play another Fallout game, dreams that now came true. I gave the game 12/10. Well done, Bethesda! Well done!

Be sure to include a picture of the cumshot.
 

MasPingon

Arcane
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
1,865
Location
Castle Rock
DefJam101 said:
Vault Dweller said:
Almost done. 4700 words. I'll try to make it a bit more manageable though and will remove a 4,000 words story of my childhood dreams to play another Fallout game, dreams that now came true. I gave the game 12/10. Well done, Bethesda! Well done!

Be sure to include a picture of the cumshot.

Chefe, say cheese.

Btw it's more like Fallout 3 does Chefe
 

tunguska

Liturgist
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
227
DefJam101 said:
Be sure to include a picture of the cumshot.
[ROFL]

Yeah. I guess you kinda have to include the money shot. It's traditional. Also I would like to know the exact make and model of the Ferrari that VD found in his driveway with "Looking forward to your review" signed: Rob Altman, Zenimax Media, on the keychain.
 

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
28,038
It's not like that, guys. The car and, well, other things were just gifts. That's what Rob said. "I just want you to have this." My decision to give Fallout 3 12/10 got nothing to do with it. Honest!
 

DefJam101

Arcane
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
8,047
Location
Cybernegro HQ
Vault Dweller said:
It's not like that, guys. The car and, well, other things were just gifts. That's what Rob said. "I juff mamt foo to ave iss."* My decision to give Fallout 3 12/10 got nothing to do with it. Honest!

* Adjusted for difficulty of speaking with a cock in one's mouth.
 

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
28,421
MasPingon said:
If I wanted to read about what FO is
We've never assumed prior knowledge in our other reviews. Why would we on this one?

MasPingon said:
and why FO3 is not that bad I would go somewhere else.
Are you seriously suggesting that simply because we're the Codex, we should only posts reviews that talk about how much we hate something, even if it's "not a bad game"?

MasPingon said:
There is a lot to complain about this game and this is the place to talk about it.
So talk about it. The only person that appears to be preventing you from doing so is yourself.

MasPingon said:
Sure it's not a bad game, but that doesn't mean we can forget about criticism.
... and Chefe does criticize the game. His ending viewpoint is that it's not that bad, which you seem to agree with.

Chefe said:
It gets a review I wrote in five minutes.
This is why you're a douchebag. Why do you do this? The time-codes in the two word docs you sent me and update PMs over the course of a month tell a different story.
 

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
28,038
DefJam101 said:
Vault Dweller said:
It's not like that, guys. The car and, well, other things were just gifts. That's what Rob said. "I juff mamt foo to ave iss."* My decision to give Fallout 3 12/10 got nothing to do with it. Honest!

* Adjusted for difficulty of speaking with a cock in one's mouth.
HOW DARE YOU?! IT'S A GREAT GAME!!! LOOK:

Guardian: Can you tag Medicine, Repair and Barter, and focusing on those skills, still be able to complete the game?

Pete Hines: Sure. We recently had someone play through the game and finish it while only killing one thing very early in the game...a Radroach. I'm not saying I recommend everyone run out and try to play the game as a pacifist, but if you want to give it a try, it has been done.
 

Chefe

Erudite
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
4,731
DarkUnderlord said:
Chefe said:
It gets a review I wrote in five minutes.
This is why you're a douchebag. Why do you do this? The time-codes in the two word docs you sent me and update PMs over the course of a month tell a different story.

I'm a compulsive liar. I can't help it.
 

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
28,421
It's okay, nothing was physically taken from an inventory.
 

MasPingon

Arcane
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
1,865
Location
Castle Rock
DarkUnderlord said:
MasPingon said:
and why FO3 is not that bad I would go somewhere else.
Are you seriously suggesting that simply because we're the Codex, we should only posts reviews that talk about how much we hate something, even if it's "not a bad game"?

No, I just don't want to read such obvious reviews as this one. "Criticism is great.We love criticism", was that Kingston sig? it's so true. Someone should take a shit out of FO3 for its stupidity
 

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
12,857
Location
Behind you.
Vault Dweller said:
Guardian: Can you tag Medicine, Repair and Barter, and focusing on those skills, still be able to complete the game?

Pete Hines: Sure. We recently had someone play through the game and finish it while only killing one thing very early in the game...a Radroach. I'm not saying I recommend everyone run out and try to play the game as a pacifist, but if you want to give it a try, it has been done.

It would be possible to make the game allow that. Repair stuff and make chemicals and sell them for profit, have the barter skill affect hiring people, hire mercenaries to carry out tasks. Balancing the game with things like that would be tricky, but you could do it if the designers actually had the time or desire to do it.
 

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
3,499
Location
local brothel
Vault Dweller said:
DefJam101 said:
Vault Dweller said:
It's not like that, guys. The car and, well, other things were just gifts. That's what Rob said. "I juff mamt foo to ave iss."* My decision to give Fallout 3 12/10 got nothing to do with it. Honest!

* Adjusted for difficulty of speaking with a cock in one's mouth.
HOW DARE YOU?! IT'S A GREAT GAME!!! LOOK:

Guardian: Can you tag Medicine, Repair and Barter, and focusing on those skills, still be able to complete the game?

Pete Hines: Sure. We recently had someone play through the game and finish it while only killing one thing very early in the game...a Radroach. I'm not saying I recommend everyone run out and try to play the game as a pacifist, but if you want to give it a try, it has been done.
:lol: I remember Hines saying that. I wonder how that guy that pulled this off got his character and those scientists out of the Jefferson Memorial without killing? Interesting question to have asked this player if he actually existed.
 

ushdugery

Scholar
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
371
Barrow_Bug said:
ushdugery said:
Barrow_Bug said:
"This Review SUXORZ!!11 I HATE it. I got BORED reading it!!!!!11"

Fuck, what a pack of teenagers. If you want to crit something, have the decency to fucking read it. Or on the other hand, if you don't like it- write something better. Fucktards.
Barrow_Bug said:
:lol: No, I bitch at Volly too, sometimes. You see, I'm all about rebuilding the Codex into a wonderous new place. A place where a man can still spam goatze images, but also have a well articulated argument.

As you can see, I'm working on that whole articulation thing.

The review was badly structured with little evidence of complete supporting arguments, it didn't draw the reader in and lacked consistancy. Also how is a bit of sarcasm some expletives and an insult followed by you saying you like to have fun but are smarter than everyone else in real simple terms well articulated, and what kind of context do you mean that in? So get off your fucking high horse it's made of smoke and mirrors.

Whoah Ush, therapy much? This is how it works. I bitch about something, someone calls me on it and I explain what I mean. I assure you, my horse is not high, no matter how much coke I jam down it's throat. I see you've failed in seeing how I go about things here, so I'll leave you to it.

Oh, and next time, try some punctuation.
Therapy much? After your spontaneous combustion and you still failed to say how you "articulated" anything, you just punched out a little bit of defensive wit and avoided the topic. Oh mighty wordsmith please explain to this humble pleb how any of what you have said was cohesively strung together?
 

zodden

Scholar
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
105
Gwendo said:
Fallout 3 is out and is not as bad as the Codex thought it would be.

Now the Codex is confused, with no other game to channel their hatred.

A new RPG should be announced soon, so that The Codex can resume its cause of existence.

You hit the nail right on the fucking head.

I've played about 35 hours so far and am about 40% through the MQ. I think this game has been loads of fun. I'm having a blast. If some of you who haven't played it of course, want to hate it because your "supposed" to hate it then go on, have at it.

Your the ones missing out.

BTW: The review is accurate, and some of you can't read straight. The reviewer wasn't making fun of the game before saying how good it was in conclusion. It was an unbiased review which gave the good and bad with a result of good outweighing bad. That's fair.

Mod tools are coming too, and then it gets even more fun.
 

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Joined
Mar 10, 2003
Messages
24,939
"Your the ones missing out."

Nope. I'm having a blast playing NHL 09, and I'm excited to have fun with the newest NWN2 expansion. I WIN!
 

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom