Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Chris Avellone and Project Eternity at Rezzed 2013

I don't know what your problem is. Cannot handle discussions?

See, there is quality trolling, and then there are just outright stupid/incorrect statements.

Hear hear. So you are saying that the 1st person Gothic games...
You are really not helping your own case here.

Again, who cares whether you look at his butt or not? It is close enough to 1st person games.

HUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRR

Drogs gonna Drog:deadhorse:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The real question Codex should be asking is if Lady Error is actually a lady

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Wow, so there are still people butthurt about me saying Gothic games play similar to 1st person games. Just wow.

Clockwork, welcome to my ignore list.

The real question Codex should be asking is if Lady Error is actually a lady

That sure is the real question the Codex should be asking... Or is it whether Infinitron should get out more?

In any case, great discussion, guys.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm....

aloth-med.jpg

newaloth.jpg

MCA
Vertical Slice Dungeon:
35zoTSM.jpg

Insider spoiler leak: you see those red-stained steps before the gate with a circular chamber behind it and the "power generator" sort of chamber further behind which was shown in more detail in a recent screenshot? Those red stains are blood having leaked from the chamber behind those gates which is a sacrificial chamber where mass sacrifices are held to harvest souls which the "power generator" collects, for a purpose related to the "supernatural disaster" the player character will witness at the beginning of the game. Also within the same complex are cells where people are held before the execution. It's one of many similar dungeons built for the same or similar purposes. Another one of those is the Animat factory.

Don't shoot the messenger :troll:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
You spent the last few hours looking for a picture, and all you could come up is this? This is not a city, it is a small village. You can't compare it to Baldur's Gate or Defiance Bay.
actually i'm spending the entire day working on two projects and five reports i have to finish till tuesday while also learning for exams...
anyhoo, same size difference between khorinis and bg as between bg and defiance bay or whatever it's called.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You spent the last few hours looking for a picture, and all you could come up is this? This is not a city, it is a small village. You can't compare it to Baldur's Gate or Defiance Bay.
actually i'm spending the entire day working on two projects and five reports i have to finish till tuesday while also learning for exams...
Then go and do your work you lazy slacker.

MCA

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Just noticed all the castle/town icons on the new map. So I guess those are the areas of interest / fast-travel locations. If that's right, I gotta say I'm impressed with the scope of the game. I didn't think we would get to explore the entire map.

Note that some of the icons are 'filled in' while others are still dark. Could be a clue as to the initial story path. I'm guessing we'll start out at the Bay of Crowns / Steel Crown Tower, and then travel through the Bael Marsh, into the Dyrwood and towards the Lake of Drowned Tombs.

Looks like we'll get to travel to some of the islands :dance:

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just noticed all the castle/town icons on the new map. So I guess those are the areas of interest / fast-travel locations. If that's right, I gotta say I'm impressed with the scope of the game. I didn't think we would get to explore the entire map.

Note that some of the icons are 'filled in' while others are still dark. Could be a clue as to the initial story path. I'm guessing we'll start out at the Bay of Crowns / Steel Crown Tower, and then travel through the Bael Marsh, into the Dyrwood and towards the Lake of Drowned Tombs.

Looks like we'll get to travel to some of the islands :dance:

I think you are right. It never occurred to me that this is the actual in-game map. It looks gorgeous.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Wow, so there are still people butthurt about me saying Gothic games play similar to 1st person games. Just wow.

Ahem.

Well, first of all Gothic is not 1st person.

Oh please. Whether you look at his butt or not, it is still a 1st person 3D game.

Got no sympathy for backpedaling weasels.

Fuck you and your Gothic. People like you who comb through old threads to dig up meaningless shit are just pathetic...

And yeah, you're on my ignore list now too. I'm starting to like this function.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom