Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sure someone has mentioned this but can you imagine what kinda movies we would have got - or even just a series - if Chris Avellone was a writer?. I bet Kathleen Kennedy and that Acolyte showrunner would have got on with him famously as well.

- Sorry, had to get that last bit in there. I mean lets be honest, even if that thing with that girl hadn't happened, and he posted images of himself over the past 20 years wearing a chastity cage on his cock, cut his balls off, and went to every soyboy cuck feminist rally in America, they still wouldn't give a bloke like him the job.
Even though Chris himself said that he never was the biggest Star Wars fan (just listen to some of Kreia's dialogue), he really did make one of the greatest Star Wars stories ever told in the form of KOTOR 2.
Because, as a writer, he RESPECTED the setting.
Disney does not do that.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Sure someone has mentioned this but can you imagine what kinda movies we would have got - or even just a series - if Chris Avellone was a writer?. I bet Kathleen Kennedy and that Acolyte showrunner would have got on with him famously as well.

- Sorry, had to get that last bit in there. I mean lets be honest, even if that thing with that girl hadn't happened, and he posted images of himself over the past 20 years wearing a chastity cage on his cock, cut his balls off, and went to every soyboy cuck feminist rally in America, they still wouldn't give a bloke like him the job.
Even though Chris himself said that he never was the biggest Star Wars fan (just listen to some of Kreia's dialogue), he really did make one of the greatest Star Wars stories ever told in the form of KOTOR 2.
Disney does not do that.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Disney does not do that.

In many cases one talented nerd is better than what 100 billion Disneybucks can produce.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Beastro

Arcane
kotor 2 was so boring that I went back to cryo sleep after finishing the mine and never played the game again
Spoken like a true Starfield enjoyer
starfield had actually interesting gameplay, the whole crafting and production chain was great autistic fun, kotor 2's writing was a bit too pretentious for me

Even your average idiot youtubers dump on it for being shit, dude.

Just stop it already.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
well they are idiots

I don't even mention starfield, people keep bringing it up in conversations with me. I haven't played the game in 10 months and I don't really feel like talking about it. especially not in off topic threads? why are people doing this smh

starfield is ONE game out of thousands, tens of thousands. I have probably played 100 games since starfield but I don't talk about them here because there's nobody to talk TO, like my current venusblood playthrough.

think about that, the interest in starfield comes mostly from the codex, and less so from me. I just respond to it, but it takes two to tango.

also I like to play more autistic games so my enjoyment of starfield was not the same kind of enjoyment smoothbrains like potato lord, who keeps bringing up starfield in every exchange with me, expected. heck, the guy probably didn't even play it, and kept replaying warsaw simulator 2077 for the past 10 months or something.

I also did not enjoy BG3 or Elden Ring, so my tastes are definitely not inline with the unwashed masses.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I am convinced that Vic actually left the forums and that this account is now being run by Rusty
See if he's triggered by a certain Starfield NPC:

g9vo5s.png

Vic

Savant
I am convinced that Vic actually left the forums and that this account is now being run by Rusty
Rusty is far more articulate.
articulate or not, I earn a living writing, maybe this is just the right level for you

also I write fast, like 90% muscle memory in my fingers, you have to actually say something interesting to engage my other body parts and if you denounce BG3 you might be able to fight the mother brain even

Harthwain

Magister
starfield had actually interesting gameplay, the whole crafting and production chain was great autistic fun, kotor 2's writing was a bit too pretentious for me
I could buy that someone may like some elements of Starfield (after all, there are people who think of Oblivion as their favourite RPG/Bethesda game!), but shitting on KotOR 2's writing at the same time has to be trolling, because I would be hard-pressed to find a Star Wars story that's more complex than the basic "Dark Side vs Light Side" trope.

Vic

Savant
I could buy that someone may like some elements of Starfield (after all, there are people who think of Oblivion as their favourite RPG/Bethesda game!), but shitting on KotOR 2's writing at the same time has to be trolling, because I would be hard-pressed to find a Star Wars story that's more complex than the basic "Dark Side vs Light Side" trope.
I didn't get very far in the story, but I didn't like the tone and how serious the game took itself, dry as sand on tatooine

Harthwain

Magister
I didn't get very far in the story, but I didn't like the tone and how serious the game took itself, dry as sand on tatooine
It gets better after you leave the initial area (when you get a spaceship). At least I enjoyed the story more the more I played. The real problem is dealing with BioWare's Neverwinter Nights-like gameplay. If you can't stomach that, I can understand giving up.

Yosharian

Arcane
It gets better after you leave the initial area (when you get a spaceship). At least I enjoyed the story more the more I played. The real problem is dealing with BioWare's Neverwinter Nights-like gameplay. If you can't stomach that, I can understand giving up.
For a minute there I thought you were talking about Starfield

:shredder:

the mole

Arbiter
Shitposter
is the sand on tatooine drier than other sands

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom