Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Chris Avellone Arcanum LP

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Best parts: Dying to that rat encounter when there was only one left, almost immediately losing the sword he paid over 100 gold for. That enchanted sword would be better off in the ogre's hands unless he wants to see it meet the same fate.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Best parts: Dying to that rat encounter when there was only one left, almost immediately losing the sword he paid over 100 gold for. That enchanted sword would be better off in the ogre's hands unless he wants to see it meet the same fate.

Thanks for saving an hour of my life.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Watching the ogre companion chop through the rats and bank robbers in a few turns was refreshing after all those long minutes of Avellone and Virgil whiffing at wolves and rats.

Starym

Educated
the other complaints about his playing are valid, though.

No they're not. Go fuck yourself.
gnasher.gif

Uh, ok. I meant people's complaints about his poor playing, not his complaints about the game, but I guess trying to talk to you is pointless so...

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
You don't even need to read the manual, Arcanum is not teh hard. MCA must have conditioned himself to popamole, I'm sure he had a far smoother time playing Bioshock: Infinite.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
...he's still not at Tarant? OH GOD.
He's only been playing for what, 1 hour? Give him a break. I'm pretty sure it took me like 4-5 hours to reach Tarant the first time, without a guide, though I wasn't making a beeline by any means.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I can't believe he sold the armor!
Yeah, sorry but MCA is not even trying anymore... 3 hours into the game and he still doesn't get things like the inventory, keeps pressing the end-turn button like a ADD kid, gives himself the sword while leaving Sogg with a spike and fucking sells the best armor he got... it does seems like he's playing with a gun pointed to his head, just trying to get it over soon...

Rake

Arcane
The best news are about him blogging his critisisms and what he finds good about Arcanum's design. That's what i was waiting from the start. The videos are...painfull.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I can't believe he sold the armor!
Yeah, sorry but MCA is not even trying anymore... 3 hours into the game and he still doesn't get things like the inventory, keeps pressing the end-turn button like a ADD kid, gives himself the sword while leaving Sogg with a spike and fucking sells the best armor he got... it does seems like he's playing with a gun pointed to his head, just trying to get it over soon...

This is why I never "worship" any game designers. They are just as fallible as you and me. Just because he was able to create Torment doesn't make him a great person in other areas. Not reading the manual is pretty fucking :hearnoevil:

I'd love to see a Bethesduh lead like Todd play Arcanum just to see if he could do any better than MCA. I'd die laughing if he did fine. The mind fuck for all of the MCA fans would be glorious.

LeJosh

Savant
It was boring as fuck, I don't mind people taking their time with a game but he seems intent on doing the most inane shit possible.

Perhaps it's the greatest troll the codex has seen.

RK47

Patron
I still don't get why he picked up junk from the trash can - whenever he can.
Is it OCD or what? He never explained why. He just takes all of them..and dumps a quarter of them to Virgil and moved on.
At every opportunity.

And 'my character is an honest character' yet the moment the Doc Roberts left his home, MCA wants to rob it. :lol:

RK47

Patron
Damn right. :mad:

If only MCA is a girl.;)

Then we won't rage so much! :oops:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Best parts: Dying to that rat encounter when there was only one left, almost immediately losing the sword he paid over 100 gold for.

It's been AGES since I played arcanum, but aren't weapons from the blacksmith meant to break to get you started on the Besse Toone quest?

Damn right. :mad:

If only MCA is a girl.;)

Then we won't rage so much! :oops:

Yeah. 'Cause wimmin are supposed to suck at computers, amirite?

Koschey

Arcane
Best parts: Dying to that rat encounter when there was only one left, almost immediately losing the sword he paid over 100 gold for.
It's been AGES since I played arcanum, but aren't weapons from the blacksmith meant to break to get you started on the Besse Toone quest?

Nope, guess you are mixing it up with the BG iron crisis; but the blacksmith asks you to get him some refined ore and brings up the Toone Mine during the conversation.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I'm trying to play past where he's at so I don't get cool things spoiled for me, but this game is so fucking wonky with its critical misses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom