Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone grows a pair and fights back against being cancelled

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
It sounds to me like he didn't know how to respond at first (as many who are left aligned do when facing a cancel mob) and just went into a shell. He implies he was pretty negatively impacted and may have even had some suicidal thoughts.

Then after he came around many months later the damage was already done. So when he did finally lawyer up the lawyers advised to go ahead and wait out the full time he has to file a lawsuit in case they do anything else that makes would make it even easier to prove their case as waiting out the year wasn't likely to increase the damage that had been done.

That's what I would speculate anyway.
That's probably the gist of it. He has too many years of development ahead of him to let this bullshit kill his career, I hope he clears the record. He must have thought their shitposting irl wouldn't damage him until he saw devs dropping his name from projects he'd worked on.

Sent from my SM-A025V using Tapatalk

This bombshell felt literally when I was packing to go to the vacations in mountains. And I hoped to spend a whole week without checking out the internet. That's what you are doing to me after a whole year of being absent in my life Chris? Thanks.
:rpgcodex:

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last year, a woman named Karissa made accusations against me, and so did her close friend, Kelly. The accusations were surprising. They concerned our first meeting almost 9 years ago and they were untrue.

I spent the last year trying to persuade myself these acts were done out of a misguided sense of self-righteousness.

lmao what a fucking SIMP

please remove all simp avellone related emojis

Kaivokz

Arcane
"I swear he ONLY stopped when Scott gave him the dirtiest look I’ve ever seen. He was ready to turn Avellone into paste."
Who is the Scott referenced?

I hope the trial goes better for MCA than it did for Vic Mignogna. Seem like similar cases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom