Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone talks about Project Eternity and Torment at PC Gamer

catfood

AGAIN
felpurr-male.jpg

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
MCA said:
Well, my favorite race is the Orlans. They’re feline-based, and I don’t think there’s actually an equivalent of them in standard fantasy fare.
fuw46r.png

AngryKobold

Arcane
MCA said:
Well, my favorite race is the Orlans. They’re feline-based, and I don’t think there’s actually an equivalent of them in standard fantasy fare.

Trying to think outisde the box, mr. MCA? This can mean only one thing...

x204.png

Don't say I didn't warn you.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
They're still trying to sell this as original. :lol:

The only thing good coming out of this game is the fact that inXile gets to use the technology.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Ha
J.E. Sawyer said:
They aren't feline, IMO.

So either Avellone shouldn't go to conventions as much or he meant *feline-like* and this is a case of gaming journalism misunderstanding.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
He said there is no equivalent to the Orlans, not no feline race equivalent. The codex cannot into reading.

On the other hand, if you guys are just enjoying posting cat pics, please continue.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wish he would continue the Arcanum playthrough so he can learn a thing or two about portraying a science vs. magic setting and their implications. But I guess because he just had enough by dieing to wolves and being unable to fast travel he pretty much abandoned it.
At least I hope Josh played it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Back to cats in videogames.
Shin_9474.png

Woot dating sim. Don't you want that one-eyed freak love?

Rake

Arcane
Back to cats in videogames.
Shin_9474.png

Woot dating sim. Don't you want that one-eyed freak love?
Post it to Gaider's blog. Help Bioware be more original with their sex dolls companions

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The body-dumping part was just a joke. But those ruins sure do look inviting. I want more games with cool-looking ruins to explore. :love:
Preferably with beautiful witch party members. :smug:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The body-dumping part was just a joke. But those ruins sure do look inviting. I want more games with cool-looking ruins to explore. :love:
Preferably with beautiful witch party members. :smug:

Problem is you never return to Caer Morhen after tutorial but would like to play in some Twicher spin off horror game done entirely in confined place like Fortress under siege or Castle under quarantine... and of course it was joke...

You can use moat.. it is deep dirty and already full of other bodies.

Indranys

Savant
Have you guys given any thought into where you might want to take this setting beyond just the base game? Thinking along the lines of novels, or, I’m actually a big fan of tabletop roleplaying.

Yes, what we’d like to do, because we see a lot of possibilities develop in the lore and the world beyond just the gaming arena… Like, BioWare’s famous for this, in the sense that there’s a lot of lore material that they do that just simply can’t fit into their games. They have the comic books, graphic novels, various other types of games that aren’t computer games. All those things are things that we’d like to explore with Eternity. As well as do future installments in the series.

This one worries me the most.
Novels are cool, but to make a TV series and goddamn anime movie like Bioware or SquareEnix's FF energy drinks are completely retarded.
If they want to do it, they have to do it seriously without any quick cashgrab intention.
Or else the whole franchise will be fucked up beyond repair.
This shit was happened to my favorite series before and I think it's a shame if Obsidian makes similar mistake.

Rake

Arcane
Have you guys given any thought into where you might want to take this setting beyond just the base game? Thinking along the lines of novels, or, I’m actually a big fan of tabletop roleplaying.

Yes, what we’d like to do, because we see a lot of possibilities develop in the lore and the world beyond just the gaming arena… Like, BioWare’s famous for this, in the sense that there’s a lot of lore material that they do that just simply can’t fit into their games. They have the comic books, graphic novels, various other types of games that aren’t computer games. All those things are things that we’d like to explore with Eternity. As well as do future installments in the series.

This one worries me the most.
Novels are cool, but to make a TV series and goddamn anime movie like Bioware or SquareEnix's FF energy drinks are completely retarded.
If they want to do it, they have to do it seriously without any quick cashgrab intention.
Or else the whole franchise will be fucked up beyond repair.
This shit was happened to my favorite series before and I think it's a shame if Obsidian makes similar mistake.
On the contrary, i would love a TV series based on P:E. If it's shit i can always ignore it, and it will bring a shitload of money to Obsidian. Then they wouldn't depent on publisers any more and would become trully indepentent studio. And they would have the money to start more IPs, even very risky ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom