Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Chris Avellone talks about Project Eternity and Torment at PC Gamer

Indranys

Savant
On the contrary, i would love a TV series based on P:E. If it's shit i can always ignore it, and it will bring a shitload of money to Obsidian. Then they wouldn't depent on publisers any more and would become trully indepentent studio. And they would have the money to start more IPs, even very risky ones.

If they get money that way they'll stop making RPG and start Biowhoring themselves with PE HBO series about homosexual paladin and his tranny mage bro.
Sooner or later, they'll realize filmmaking is more profitable and much much easier than making good CRPG.
You bet they'll start cheating and 'streamlined' their games for more cinematic experiences and mass appeals for maximum profit.
Everybody is greedy bastard by nature, and people at Obsidian is not an exception.

Few years later, having shitload of money, MCA exiles Garriott from his whorehouse and make it his personal shrine, then he goes to space, crack a dozen of pots everyday, and never be heard until later.

Meanwhile on Earth, Feargus is merging Obsidian with Bioware to create Biopsidian Corp. and starts making Alpha Protocol TV series featuring Jessica Black and Shia LaBeouf. Not only that, he creates a lot of tremendously popular reality shows about many things in videogame industry, from Incredible Duo Doctors, Developer Whisperer, to Console Wars. They'll make Shepard sex dolls too for the extra $$, complete with costume DLCs and shit. With those profits, Feargus and co try to make their own online distributions called Obsigin, which proved to be a tough competitor for Valve's Steam.

Sawyer? He feels betrayed by Obsidian and becomes codexer to fight the decline. Then he'll make a true hardcore, oldskool IE game when every skills and features are perfectly balanced.
At the end of 2030, finally his demo was released to the selected few he deemed worthy for the first time.

Back to MCA, after got high so many times, he starts to question everything for days, then months, and years. Suddenly, he just stares at our pitiful Earth, and realized money, fame, hookers, and legion of ardent worshipers can't buy happiness. He knows that even Codex already abandoned him, and he has no purpose anymore, he disgusts himself for what he's become.
In all his might, he curses himself day after day, night after night, until that moment of clarity comes.

He just knows that he have to meditate. And indeed, MCA attains true ascension as an immortal being.
No one knows for how long he meditated, some says 7 weeks, the other says 6 days, Volourn says 6 years, and the debate continues.

He's finally ready to undo his sins, to bring hope and redemption among mortals, once again.
But will mankind forgive him for what he's done?
When he returned to the home he tried so hard to correct he was cast out. Exiled.
Confronting that which they feared he had became something else in their eyes and no longer their God-Champion. He strode far to his long forgotten shrine.
In that most holy place, with all his almighty rights, he declares himself as The Sole God Emperor of Mankind, liberates RPGs after RPGs from the evil grasp of Biopsidian.
The holy war results in ultimate victory, Feargus is Herve-ed, and Sawyer finally forgives him.

with the blessing of all humans, he declares our Earth as the first dominion of his Imperium of Man.
And the rest is history...

Sorry man I'm not even trying. :P

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
As much as I enjoy MCA taking over the world and all you have to wonder how much Feargus is willing to loan him out. I assume Obsidian is compensated as well as Avellone, but still.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Meanwhile on Earth, Feargus is merging Obsidian with Bioware to create Biopsidian Corp. and starts making Alpha Protocol TV series featuring Jessica Black and Shia LaBeouf.

Not with those actors, but I'd be totally up for a Alpha Protocol TV series. For example about some spy guy having to deal regulary with Steven Heck.

grdja

Augur
So many cats and no Kzin? Must correct this
Thuft-Captain.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Sawyer doesn't post here because there would not be anything to discuss with him. People would just spam retarded shit at him.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Since PE was announced half of the Codex seems to have a personal vendetta against him (hyperbole), so that's understandable.

Esquilax

Arcane
Sawyer doesn't post here because there would not be anything to discuss with him. People would just spam retarded shit at him.

Sawyer is a robot, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't faze him. He probably doesn't post here for fear of Roguey getting his address and then kidnapping him.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Sawyer is a robot, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't faze him. He probably doesn't post here for fear of Roguey getting his address and then kidnapping him.

Not quite : he just appears to be unfazed by retards, trolls and shitposters. Which riles them all the more.
Probably comes from his first job of community manager i think.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yes, that's when he learnt to separate the wheat from the chaff and not to take internet's fauna too seriously i guess...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom