Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Christina Norman, Lead Gameplay Designer

Lesifoere

Liturgist
MetalCraze said:
Well that explains why Mass Effects are so simple and shitty. Women cannot into complex things.

DA is more "complicated" than ME/ME2.

It isn't in any way, shape or form a better game than either ME. Oh, and all the game devs that we adore so--Molyneux, Gaider, etc--are male. What now?

CraigCWB

Educated
Lesifoere said:

It isn't in any way, shape or form a better game than either ME. .

Yeah, I agree. I reckon I've got more time in on Dragon Age than Mass Effect 1 but that's mostly because there's so much more dialog to wade through. Neither could be considered a great game except in comparison to other games that were released at the same time. I still have both installed but that doesn't mean much since I've got less than 100 hours played on both combined and I just uninstealled napoleon Total War with 660 hours played on it. (not sure how the hell that happened... I must have had a couple thousand hours on RTW then, because I liked it a lot better)

waywardOne

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Oh, and all the game devs that we adore so--Molyneux, Gaider, etc--are male. What now?

they are mocked for not being what we demand. she is being mocked for being exactly what we expect.

CraigCWB

Educated
Gragt said:
I hate people who think that being a nerd is now fashionable.

Me too. It's annoying as hell. My first 3 programming jobs were at small companies with highly skilled people who were barely able to communicate with actual human beings. And they didn't consider themselves to be "nerdy". They considered themselves to be... eccentric, maybe. And then I went to work for a big software company that hired mostly recent college grads who got into programming just because it seemed like a good way to make money and everyone was like "I'm such a nerd!" and "We're all a bunch of computer geeks so what do you expect!?". Almost seems as if they consider nerdiness to be a credential of some kind.

Seolas

Liturgist
At least she's not Stanley "end of the line" Woo, a complete douchebag employee of the highest order at the Bio boards who is always an arrogant wanker looking down at there lowly city elves.

Stanley Woo huh? Thanks for the heads up. There is little more satisfying than finding someone to hate in their entirety, especially if it is to be someone as well deserving as you suggest.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Cenobyte said:
Too chubby. Not sexy.

@ Blackadder: Yeah, Brenda Brathwaite and Linda Currie of SirTech. Now that are female game designers.

:salute:
Plus, she worked on Playboy: The Mansion, so she obviously knows her place.

Phelot

Arcane
Blackadder said:
MetalCraze said:
Well that explains why Mass Effects are so simple and shitty. Women cannot into complex things.

As opposed to Dragon Age/Oblibion/Insert newgame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Brathwaite

Wizardry or not, she then went on to make Playboy games and write books about sexuality in video games. CLEARLY AN IMPORTANT ASPECT TO GAYMES.

Being female isn't a problem though like others have said look at what all the douchebag men have made.

What I hate is that cutesy geek chic bullshit. "IM NERDY I LIKE NERDY STUFF LIKE TERMINATOR AND MICROSOFT EXCELL!"

Radisshu

Prophet
phelot said:
What I hate is that cutesy geek chic bullshit. "IM NERDY I LIKE NERDY STUFF LIKE TERMINATOR AND MICROSOFT EXCELL!"

Word on that. They always combine it with some weeaboo shit, too.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
waywardOne said:
Lesifoere said:
Oh, and all the game devs that we adore so--Molyneux, Gaider, etc--are male. What now?

they are mocked for not being what we demand. she is being mocked for being exactly what we expect.

Puh-lease, they are exactly what we can expect from today's game developers, nothing more. And some of them have never been what the Codex demands, e.g. Gaider. Unless you enjoyed the Aerie romance, of course.

Dire Roach

Prophet
If I had read only the quoted parts of this interview, I would have guessed the dev interviewed was male. These interviews all sound pretty much exactly the same except that whenever it's a female there's the obligatory "OMG IT'S A GIRL BUT SHE KICKS ASS LIKE ANY MAN OR EVEN MORE!!1"

Dire Roach said:
If I had read only the quoted parts of this interview, I would have guessed the dev interviewed was male. These interviews all sound pretty much exactly the same except that whenever it's a female there's the obligatory "OMG IT'S A GIRL BUT SHE KICKS ASS LIKE ANY MAN OR EVEN MORE!!1"

Pretty much what I thought as well. The media itself provides the 'but wait, theres more!' aspect more than anything else.

Oh, and the Codex chimes in with the usual rubbish as well.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
MetalCraze said:

It isn't in any way, shape or form a better game than either ME. Oh, and all the game devs that we adore so--Molyneux, Gaider, etc--are male. What now?

That was rather a sarcastic remark about typical views on the Codex about women. Didn't expect you to fall for this though.

Though I think male designers are better than female (of course I'm talking about LGS/Sir-tech ladies named in this thread). F. e. Terri BROsius' Opera house in Thief Gold is cool and maze-y and all (apart from the linear corridors leading to it) but other levels in it made by males are more coherent and logical for one reason or the other.

Shitty designers are of course shitty designers, male or not.

Black

Arcane
U SWALLOW??
And dur, women are fags, no big news. But it's not like gayder, todd or other manly men know something about fucking good gameplay.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Todd Howard was gushing about wanting to hug obama and cry with him in an interview. Plus he's a fucking midget. Manly is not a word I thought I'd see being used to describe him.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
MetalCraze said:
Lesifoere said:
MetalCraze said:

That was rather a sarcastic remark about typical views on the Codex about women. Didn't expect you to fall for this though.

It's the Codex. Anyone could turn into Higher Game at any time.

Melcar

Arcane
Mastermind said:
Todd Howard was gushing about wanting to hug obama and cry with him in an interview. Plus he's a fucking midget. Manly is not a word I thought I'd see being used to describe him.

So midgets can't be manly? What the fuck did midgets ever do to you?

Radisshu

Prophet
Melcar said:
Mastermind said:

So midgets can't be manly? What the fuck did midgets ever do to you?

Midget detected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom