Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
when are these fucking polacks going to release the big update

Spike

Educated

Pretty amazing how a bunch of pollacks mogged the entire gaming industry lmao

when are these fucking polacks going to release the big update
They said in the interview that there is no distinct time. They are just doing this for fun now. They have already delivered on 1.0 and followed a business-like development for it. They are making more content because they are obsessed with Gothic and their project, Chronicles of Myrtana. So they are now doing this solely for the fun of it because they are all friends. So there isn't even a release window of March 2024 or whatever.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Wow, after several attempts to fight 1v3 'fairly' and dying soon, I managed to bottle-neck those three ruffians in an archway during one of the quests that went awry, and was able to beat them that way, alone, armed only with a poor guardsman's stick, sort of one after another.
So proud of myself :dance:

Last edited:

Spike

Educated
One of the devs said the update is 6 months away... :rage:
12 months then. Hopefully indicates a lot of new content.
Very happy they finally gave a window, this is a good sign because before they were saying they did not want to give any windows since they're doing it purely for fun and not out of a sense of work. I have not played it yet but I will hold off, then.

Rarre

Educated
Very happy they finally gave a window, this is a good sign because before they were saying they did not want to give any windows since they're doing it purely for fun and not out of a sense of work. I have not played it yet but I will hold off, then.
Why hold off? Is really needed this update? I can wait... every game I tried after a year of non gaming feels like shit and not worth my time, If I have to wait for the update I will.....

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
...after a year of non gaming feels like shit and not worth my time...
No wonder :D

Capture.png

Spike

Educated
Why hold off? Is really needed this update? I can wait... every game I tried after a year of non gaming feels like shit and not worth my time, If I have to wait for the update I will.....
I know what you mean but I have enough games to enjoy until the update comes out. Besides, I need to finish a couple bigger games before I delve into Archolos with my full attention. Those games alone will take a bit...

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Another revelation of mine.

While trying to defeat a somewhat tough bounty-quarry, unsuccessfully at the fourth attempt, suddenly an instinct kicked in, and my inner voice reminded me of an echo of the quote from Batman Begins or some such. You know the sort of famous "You never use your surroundings" thing? Anyway, I told myself, "Hey, why don't I utilize the environment more?" and I climbed onto the roof of a nearby building to see what happened. The rascal ran around chaotically for some time, until he decided to climb the same roof from a different side. I tried to fight him there for a bit, and then it occurred to me to jump over to another building's roof. And then, to equip the bow, yyyyeeeeeaaah. I ran towards the other end of the roof, waited for the guy to climb, shot him, ran in the other direction, and jumped over to another building.

This d'Artagnan / Legolas kind of shenanigan of combat on the roofs of slums instead of uninspiring mano-a-mano in its dirty, homeless-people-getting-in-the-way, narrow corridors, continued for several more tens of seconds until I emerged victorious. Needless to say, the miscreant managed to hit me twice or thrice in the process. And I daresay, next time I'd even allow myself the bravado of equipping a sword in the end and finishing him 'fairly' with the last two hits, which probably would be even more fun.

But even as is, I was truly amazed, yet again, by what this game has (can yet have) in store.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
What more do you want from me, Abu!? I'm level 11 in a Gothic-like game, i.e., someone who's finally able to withstand at least two blows from a common street thug after all that running errands and carefully engaging with lesser animals for the last 30 hours!

Not that I would've wanted that in any other way. Just saying.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
hardcore mode when?
In one year or more....

Btw Are textures in Archolos as nice as in te remaster mod? Looks worse... Sad...
I will wait a year to play it full I want perfected stuff
Get the DX11 mod. It won't make the game look like some modern stuff, of course, but it provides a substantial improvement. Sadly, not everyone is lucky to manage running it.
Wish you luck.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1467450/discussions/0/3198116134624382051/?ctp=2

Rarre

Educated
hardcore mode when?
In one year or more....

Btw Are textures in Archolos as nice as in te remaster mod? Looks worse... Sad...
Get the DX11 mod. It won't make the game look like some modern stuff, of course, but it provides a substantial improvement. Sadly, not everyone is lucky to manage running it.
Wish you luck.

Niceee

Rarre

Educated
hardcore mode when?
In one year or more....

Wish you luck.

Niceee
Doing this the game looks great

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there any reason not to sell books after you have read them?
For series I’m not going to re-read but I enjoyed, I’ll give them to a friend who is interested in the series. If none are, I donate all but the first book.

The first book on your shelf is an opportunity to talk about the series with a guest at your house, and I’ve frequently loaned out that first book to get others hooked on the series (or realize it isn’t for them).

Non-fiction and text books are obv different, you may want to keep them for references.

Ladonna

Arcane
Before I bother trying, has anyone tried installing and playing this on a windows XP machine? And did it support EAX sound?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom