Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civilization VI - Now available, so you can sink all your free time into it

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Funny way of spelling Civ IV.
Civ 4 is far inferior to 3,it even needed a bunch of dlcs to get the same content as civ 3.
But the MODS!
Dune Wars, FFH2, Sword of Islam, various other Rhye's And Fall mods, etc etc
Modded civ4 is a great game, civ3 is nice in a quaint and ancient way, maybe civ2 too.
the rest aren't worth mentioning
I don't play much of civ games,they were good for their time and till civ4. They are all the same game with zero innovation and the same expansions are in every civ game.

Civ4 mods add all sorts of mechanics, the most noteworthy is a well-functioning secession/revolt/instability mechanic from the RevolutionsDCM module (or whateverthefuck, I don't understand the technical side).
That one mod component overshadows everything in civ5 and civ6.

Cael

Arcane
Civ4 mods add all sorts of mechanics, the most noteworthy is a well-functioning secession/revolt/instability mechanic from the RevolutionsDCM module (or whateverthefuck, I don't understand the technical side).
That one mod component overshadows everything in civ5 and civ6.
Fucktard forgot just about every mechanic in FFH2.

They're good, just not as good as the revolution mechanic.

Also be careful, if you're mean to me I might kill myself like one of your precious half-human, half-plastic surgery korean internet whores.

Cael

Arcane
They're good, just not as good as the revolution mechanic.

Also be careful, if you're mean to me I might kill myself like one of your precious half-human, half-plastic surgery korean internet whores.
Since you advocate for it, I don't see a problem you doing it. Go ahead, boy, while the world claps.

Luzur

Good Sir

Best part of Sweden's trailer is their religion.

Looks like a man. Not that I would expect anything less of Nu-Civ.

You don't know anything about Queen Crissy, do you?

800px-David_Beck_-_Christina%2C_Queen_of_Sweden_1644-1654_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

It looks fuckable enough for a princess....swedish princess. Far better than the game abomination.

When the baby was born, it was first thought to be a boy as it was "hairy" and screamed "with a strong, hoarse voice."[15] She later wrote in her autobiography that, "Deep embarrassment spread among the women when they discovered their mistake." The king, though, was very happy, stating, "She'll be clever, she has made fools of us all!"

According to Christina's autobiography, the midwives at her birth first believed her to be a boy because she was "completely hairy and had a coarse and strong voice". Such ambiguity did not end with her birth; Christina made cryptic statements about her "constitution" and body throughout her life.

Yeah, it is "hinted" in lots of personal letters and even the diary of the personal court doctor that somethign was wrong with her experts think she was hermaphrodite or something close to it, also she seemed to have lesbian tendencies to some other same era notes.

:M

This bitch stole a bunch of our painting and other bling when her snowniggers plundered Prague in 1648.

Gib back our paintings!

LOL NO

*leans back on a pile of stolen paintings and gold*

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
CivIV used GameSpy for multiplayer. This assured that even if Firaxis released a rock simulator in STEAM it would live longer than CivIV

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL i did a fast read on this queen,it just showed how decrepit and degenerate the catholic church was at the time. No wonder that people decided to become protestant. She was a leach and a bisexual dyke whore that sold her ass to a bunch of popes and bankers.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
According to Brian Lunduke on Youtube, the expansion collects your address, real name, purchases, PHOTOS (???) and other bullshity things to send them to the editor.

I don't find much information anywhere else.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Wait a second didn't they try that once before?
Yep:
A patch for Civilization VI last night removed Red Shell, a controversial piece of software that track ads for the game which players might have viewed. Considering that a common event in any game of Civ is once-friendly faces turning sour after they discover you’ve been spying on them, you’d think publishers 2K might have just… not. But they did. Red Shell has risen to prominence in recent months for all the wrong reasons, discovered in games from Vermintide 2 to Conan Exiles by players who were none too happy to find it. Many developers have removed Red Shell from their games or pledged to, and here’s Civ doing its part.Red Shell is software trying to determine whether a game’s advertising has been successful. When someone clicks on certain Shelled adverts online, it logs a “fingerprint” for their system based on data including the operating system, timezone, installed fonts, screen resolution, and such. And when someone launches a Red Shell game for the first time, it similarly generates and logs a fingerprint. Then the system tries to match ad-viewing fingerprints to game-playing fingerprints, which would give the marketing mob a fairly clear indication that an ad has been successful. Advertising budgets being driven by metrics, it’s data they want. And, unsurprisingly, it’s data which many players are not best pleased to discover the marketeers have been recording.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/07/20/civilization-vi-removes-red-shell/

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Apparently this has been retracted a while ago. For some reason, reddit picked it up again and is spreading false information.

mwnn85

Savant
All the more reason to use the Linux/STEAM OS version if able.
It's not that hard to dual boot in the odd cases when Wine/Proton fails.
The success rate with old games is probably higher than on Windows itself - I don't have to piss about with wrappers anymore.
Plus mesa drivers for AMD cards are pretty damn good now, vulkan, dxvk, vk9, etc. A few more years and it might be idiotproof.

As far as I'm aware they don't pack Red Shell or Denuvo bullshit into any Linux releases; it likely wouldn't work without root permissions.
It's annoying enough to have to sign into STEAM but certain franchises will never likely reach GOG.
I wouldn't even give them a tenner for this tripe but if people don't stop buying it'll never stop.
I find it hard to believe that there's people out there actually willing to part with £110 for Civ 6 Gold.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Apparently this has been retracted a while ago. For some reason, reddit picked it up again and is spreading false information.
Actually they only removed red shell while maintaining the EULA.
Meaning they still retain all the rights to gather your data,but they just won't use redshell.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

55$ (Aus) for this POS DLC? Are they joking?

"Very positive" on reviews currently... Makes sense as I assume its only diehard fanbois still playing this dumpster-fire game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom