Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civvie thread (classic FPS reviews/commentary on youtube)

bussinrounds

Augur
It was, GoG removed it shortly before/after release and never restored it, despite all the Postal games being available. GoG have proven multiple times they'll happily remove titles to appease the mob.
This. They also add VN novels and gay games while at the same time ignoring better games like Rance ones, or anything by Alicesoft and similar companies.

edgelord main character that hates people because he hates people, but it's not exactly the most sadistic or violent video game ever, any Postal game is sicker, a

That's the best part. GOG had the Postal games available to buy during that outrage and no-one said anything. Postal 1 out-edges Hatred, even now.
Is Postal 1 the best one to play in the series ? Any good mods ?

Never played any of this series.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Postal 1 had a few releases. I think one on gog actually has some hatred content you can switch too. What is funny is even my shitty win10 comp can run the old cd.

https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/postal-series

I swore I had postal 3 on gog. Its not even on steam. I didn't buy 4... yet.

steam had redux
Gog has "classic & uncut" version.

eh my bad... a type of mod

Last edited:

toughasnails

Second one is probably more fun. I wouldn't call it a particularly good game but it's fun its way. It's like just going on rampage with cheats in old GTAs only the whole game is like that and the humor is crasser, dumber version of GTA's satire.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It is funny Postal 3 is practically disowned. You can get an ebay hard copy or find a pirate site. Its like 11-13 gigs roughly. Looking at mobygames and other sites at individual releases, I'd say hats off to the collector that grabbed each one and kepts them in their mint packaging. Some crazy extras in different collector's copies. I didn't think there were that many.

REDUX is the one to play though. It has all the extras including the code to be the nameless fuck in a black trenchcoat.

Fallout 1997
Postal 1997
Diablo 1996
Hellfire 1997
No Remorse 1995
No Regret 1996

Trivia
At one time Origin intended to make the Crusader series a trilogy, but the third game was never made. They had already a name for it, though: Crusader: No Mercy.

There was also a proposal for a PSP port/remake, to be called Crusader: No Pity, but it was cancelled in 2006.

In that time period I went from 486 to an win95 machine to a win98 machine. When i got the 95 i didn't go back to crusader i went to diablo. In 98 playing those was sort of late in the game there. I also got fallout in 98.

I picked up FO2 around Y2k. Diablo was milking my time.

Silentstorm

Learned
Postal 3 sucks and it was made by a completely different developer and staff, hence it being easy to remove from canon and no one caring because it's easily the worst game in the franchise by far...then again, I will admit to having played zero seconds of Postal 4 so far, but from what I've seen and heard, it's already better than Postal 4.

schru

Arcane
Both Postal and Postal 2 are worth playing. It's also necessary to play Postal 3 fully to appreciate the Postal 2 expansion Paradise Lost.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Very boring. He's definitely lost his mojo. Nice to see he's also still reeeeeeeeeeing about people wanting to see him play TNT. He seems to hate his fanbase much more than most content creators I watch. Him explaining his unfounded spazzing out in the Cruelty Squad video was cringe.

A horse of course

le epic HEADon joke

At least he covered something I was vaguely interested in.

Caim

Arcane
An issue with both horror and adventure games is that once you know the gimmick there's little reason to play again. Horror adventure just squares the issue.

DermottCavesIn

Literate
An issue with both horror and adventure games is that once you know the gimmick there's little reason to play again. Horror adventure just squares the issue.
Depends on the game. The Lucasarts point and click games are fun to go back to. If it's like a horror action or horror fps game, they can be fun to go back to as well, Doom 64 is kinda like that.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Decent video, but the meta jokes are just getting annoying at this point.

computery voice: "Hey civvie, the algorithm requires blah blah"

Ok yeah it wasn't funny the first time you said it, it doesn't get any better by repeating the joke a dozen times. It just gets annoying.

He should focus on making jokes related to the game instead of adding all this meta-commentary about being a Youtuber.

Sodafish

Arcane
Ok yeah it wasn't funny the first time you said it, it doesn't get any better by repeating the joke a dozen times. It just gets annoying.

That applies to civvie's whole schtick, and youtube "personalities" in general; each video just becomes a vehicle for their own ego rather than a worthwhile & earnest contribution towards the ostensible subject.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Eh, i think it is just a personal bubble, the more of your life you spend on something, the more that something becomes part of your life. If all he's doing in the last couple of years since his channel became popular is to work on YouTube, he most likely genuinely finds that stuff funny and can have a hard time realizing that many people only think of YouTube watching as some winding down time after work they do and not think about it the rest of their day (kinda like trash TV is/was with the exception that trash TV "personalities" had entire teams - and the TV studio - to care about running stuff and filter things, whereas most YouTubers do pretty much everything themselves and have no filter at all).

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane

Decent video, but the meta jokes are just getting annoying at this point.

computery voice: "Hey civvie, the algorithm requires blah blah"

He should focus on making jokes related to the game instead of adding all this meta-commentary about being a Youtuber.

Ive watched a handful of his vids but I couldnt help but read your line after the computery voice in his snarky style, was that the intention?

Caim

Arcane

Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. He didn't like it a lot, and it's apparently a bitch and a half to get running at a decent resolution on modern systems.

HansDampf

Arcane
There is something wrong with this video. Why does it look like a Polygon journo playing with a gamepad?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom