Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Delterius

Arcane
Bigger demesne + opinion boost might lead to some pretty concentrated resistance by a Jainist king.

inb4 Jainists converting to Horde cultures and picking up the invasion CB. Or, of course, the Republic Jainists, because owning even more cities won't be OP.
Another lulzy scenario: the Golden Horde Khan converts to Jainism.
Can't believe I'm gonna say it but.... behead those who oppose the religion of peace?

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
The new dlc + a revamped decadence would make an authentic Andhairavid playthrough doable.

Andharaid1_zps8f6f653a.jpg

Yes, I know I'm awful at editing images.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
I doubt Hindus are going to have Holy War CBs on Jains and Buddhists.

Hindus were responsible for quite a lot of direct violence against Jains and Buddhists, especially the latter, but mainly because the Jains accommodated themselves to the Brahmanical order with castes etc more than the Buddhists did. So Holy Wars against Jains and Buddhists wouldn't be historically inaccurate.

And definitely some of the Mongols should be Buddhist -- Hulagu was a Buddhist for example.

Going to create a Buddhist Arab with Ruler Designer in the middle of al-Andalus.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How nice of them.

(I still haven't figured out what the fuck that pointy stick the Sons of Kaleva warrior uses is supposed to be)

EDIT: Still, the lack of a face pack is much worse overall, though I think it should be fairly straightforward to enable face pack while keeping the unit pack active as-is.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
EDIT: Still, the lack of a face pack is much worse overall, .
should be easy to fix.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203773/

heh.png
Actually I have used that pack for Samoyeds. The culture file modification I posted earlier enabled the existing sprite and portrait packs for the various Finno-Ugrics, with Norse for Finns and Estonians, Russian for Mordvins, Komi and Lappish, and that thing with the Mongols mentioned already.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
A Spanish kingdom in 1066 is also a good starting location, since you can invade using the holy war cassus belli.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
A Spanish kingdom in 1066 is also a good starting location, since you can invade using the holy war cassus belli.

I've been away from CK2 since before The Old Gods due to computer problems, but things must've indeed changed if anywhere in Spain is a good starting location.
When I played, Iberia was essentially rapeville and, unless you did some magic, you WOULD be pounded by multiple Jihads from anyone up from Sheikh to the Caliph, all the time, in the first years. Then again, Muslims were quite cheesy since Sword of Andhaira, probably got rebalanced.
Actually 1066 Iberian Muslim can be quite hard especially if you started from count up. You should expect fighting the Jimenas, France and/or HRE (if the pope calls a crusade), also, most of the time Mauretania is as useful ally as a buried potato and Fatimids are too far away. Also, your retinue sucks ass compared to Christian heavy cavalry so you need not just numerical superiority but also terrain bonuses, good martial traits etc. to even have a chance of beating them.

Spain is a highly chaotic system that can go from being very easy to very hard for either side depending on exactly what opening moves the AI makes.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Is it just me or they're giving them Middle eastern portraits? Or they that greedy that they still have to sell the Indian portraits in a separate DLC ?
Their overpriced ''expansions'' already have the content value of a small scope mod, fucking Swedes.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2

I've been away from CK2 since before The Old Gods due to computer problems, but things must've indeed changed if anywhere in Spain is a good starting location.
When I played, Iberia was essentially rapeville and, unless you did some magic, you WOULD be pounded by multiple Jihads from anyone up from Sheikh to the Caliph, all the time, in the first years. Then again, Muslims were quite cheesy since Sword of Andhaira, probably got rebalanced.
Actually 1066 Iberian Muslim can be quite hard especially if you started from count up. You should expect fighting the Jimenas, France and/or HRE (if the pope calls a crusade), also, most of the time Mauretania is as useful ally as a buried potato and Fatimids are too far away. Also, your retinue sucks ass compared to Christian heavy cavalry so you need not just numerical superiority but also terrain bonuses, good martial traits etc. to even have a chance of beating them.

I think what The Brazilian Slaughter means is playing as a Spanish ruler, not Muslim. Pre-ToG it was pretty nasty playing as a Spanish ruler. You would constantly be fighting de jure and succession wars, fighting off Muslim invasions who had greater numbers, and if you declared a holy war yourself you'd be fighting the entire south of Spain and half of North-Africa.
On top of that they patched in some dumb shit that lowered your crown authority when you created a higher title, which caused you to remain in Gavelkind, and thus fracture your kingdom.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Its Persian garb popular among both Chocolate Jews and Sandniggers but Indian Portraits, Unit Packs and Songs of Andahaira DLCs will be coming soon. :keepmymoney:And don't think TBS would play Iberian Muslims much neither, they were deadly just after SoI was released with Fatimids able to do religious conquest across the Mediterranean sea but it was toned down in patches; now you just have to bear until the Decadence kicks in.

Last edited:

XenomorphII

Prophet
Pretty sure that the crown authority/succession change on creating a new title was a bug in an older version, that has since been fixed. At the very least, I don't recall that happening to me in recent memory.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Is it just me or they're giving them Middle eastern portraits? Or they that greedy that they still have to sell the Indian portraits in a separate DLC ?
Their overpriced ''expansions'' already have the content value of a small scope mod, fucking Swedes.
At least they make the content optional. I'm quite satisfied with the Paradox DLC model since it means they have an extra stream of revenue that allows the to make regular patches, available even to those who just use the vanilla game. Also, they usually have a couple 75% sales per year.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Pretty sure that the crown authority/succession change on creating a new title was a bug in an older version, that has since been fixed. At the very least, I don't recall that happening to me in recent memory.

Yes, it's fixed. I was talking about pre The Old Gods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom