Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

mondblut

Arcane
What a lame slider, a lot of societies even within the same civilization had different traditions of treating women.
"Tradition" lol what does this even mean?

Don't you have your copy of the Men's guide to the traditional subjugationtreatment of women, circa 769-1453, distributed from Ireland to China?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
screenshot.crusader-kings-2-conclave.1280x720.2016-01-07.4.jpg
screenshot.crusader-kings-2-conclave.1280x720.2016-01-07.3.jpg
screenshot.crusader-kings-2-conclave.1280x720.2016-01-07.1.jpg

Moink

Cipher
What, don't you like Karling rape train or slightly earlier Karling rape train?

Interesting. Well, at least it's not fucking China or something. I do hope they also take some things from HIP or CK2+ into vanilla (like improved factions, better combat system or battlefield duels). Oh, and do something about the god damn seduction. At the very least a vassal banging a queen or a princess (and getting caught) should be a valid reason for imprisonment. I have no idea why it isn't so.

Can't say about the slowdown because I'm yet to play beyond a couple of centuries before restarting (though I doubt it), but for rampant cuckoldry - nope. They just halved the chance of AI taking the seduction focus and called it a day. Of course, the bigger the realm, the more vassals there are, the more seducers there are around. Reducing the chance isn't going to fix anything on it's own because even a couple of them (and in a large realm there will always be at least a couple around) are fully capable of going on realm-wide rampage. System itself needs to be fixed.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did they already fix the fact the game eventually becomes unplayable due to slowdown? And the rampant cuckoldry?

I did a Mongol WC shortly after Horse Lords was released (about 200 years ingame), performance was still atrocious on a fairly beefy rig. Don't think they'll ever be able to fix that, there's simply too much shit going on after all the DLC/patches.

Finally a DLC that actually focuses on adding to the core gameplay. Shame that core gameplay is already shoved under a landslide of poor map and era expansions.

Did they already fix the fact the game eventually becomes unplayable due to slowdown? And the rampant cuckoldry?

I did a Mongol WC shortly after Horse Lords was released (about 200 years ingame), performance was still atrocious on a fairly beefy rig. Don't think they'll ever be able to fix that, there's simply too much shit going on after all the DLC/patches.

At this point I think they would do better simply releasing CKIII with all the features of the current DLCs + a reworked code.
CKII seems like a mess.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I will make Sweden a feminist country with an all female council by the year 900. I will be remembered as the most progressive ever! :salute:

Vikings = Toxic masculinity

At the very least, the devs have stated that they wanted to add China. So either when CK2 becomes better optimized or computing power catches up to make it possible.

I kind of doubt that CK3 will happen at this point. There's too much built-up stuff that either CK3 will sell nothing at all for missing all the DLC features CK2 ended up with, or it will have them and Paradox won't have a way to sell more DLC. It's like WoW, no one asks when WoW2 is coming out.

I will make Sweden a feminist country with an all female council by the year 900. I will be remembered as the most progressive ever! :salute:

But that's haram! How can you be progressive by shutting out the religion of peace?

Last edited:
No way they're adding China, India got criticized enough and I like the post-India map because it has more of Central Asia. Not to mention China will need a lot of different mechanics not to blob - some people still wake at night sweating, memories of the times Ming China, France, Russia and the Ottoman Empire were practically the only countries in the world still fresh.

Also, nobody without super-computers is going to play the CKII China DLC.

I think there might not even be a CKII, the devs already said they hate the name - I assume swedes gonna swede - and they might want to shift the focus from Europe anyway.

Personally I always like more features and complexity in my strategy games, but unless they do some optimization magic, China is not going to get added in CKII. They did some optimisation with India but the Way of Life DLC was a punch to the balls, from what I heard.

Pdox seems to be using CKII as a cash cow, mindless of how things fit together, while they ignore Victoria - that patch they released was practically a official fan patch from what I heard - and just develop more DLC and iterations for Stellaris, EU and HOI. Oh yeah, while trolling EU: Rome fans, because it has become a running gag at this point :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At the very least, the devs have stated that they wanted to add China. So either when CK2 becomes better optimized or computing power catches up to make it possible.

I kind of doubt that CK3 will happen at this point. There's too much built-up stuff that either CK3 will sell nothing at all for missing all the DLC features CK2 ended up with, or it will have them and Paradox won't have a way to sell more DLC. It's like WoW, no one asks when WoW2 is coming out.

But that's haram! How can you be progressive by shutting out the religion of peace?

hmmm true. It will work out somehow, just like real life! :)

After playing the Warhammer mod I can't complain even the slightest about CK2's performance. That thing chugs like a motherfucker, and I have an i7.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom