Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait, you can get MVP on dead players? :gumpyhead:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
good game Lagole Gon :salute:

that was a pretty wild and fun match!

I know I did not deserve a win there at all (or probably even a tie) but I am gutted that I had the lead with two turns to go and couldn't pull out my first W

I wanted to throw my computer into the ocean when that touchback hit on turn 15 lol
Nah, I played it poorly. I should have stall during the first half, take opportunity to maim elves. Players were in the perfect position for that.
Ah, my soft and gentle heart prevented me from being a proper bashing team. I need to be more like russian chaos players. Study the dark path of cyka blyat.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-e1533301119268-700x343.jpg

A crual person would start posting Roxor's rants about brets not being a viable serious team.

vazha

Arcane
Brets are very solid I think. Would rate them better than humans in swiss knife category. Peasant is one hell of a fouling machine unit

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
A crual person would start posting Roxor's rants about brets not being a viable serious team.

yes this is squarely about brets being godlike and nothing about all those quadskulls, failed gfis, bret blitz on defence, perfect scatter, blitzer catching the ball with no reroll and a hundred million other shit

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Brets are a good team at 1000-13000 or so. They do fall behind later. I wouldn't mind a small rework.
Adding a material for a killer would be the obvious boring choice.
How about...
A peasant carrying a relic - mummified dead grail knight - giving a reversed Disturbing Presence?

GW, hit me up:M:M:M

vazha

Arcane
Brets are a good team at 1000-13000 or so. They do fall behind later. I wouldn't mind a small rework.
Adding a material for a killer would be the obvious boring choice.
How about...
A peasant carrying a relic - mummified dead grail knight - giving a reversed Disturbing Presence?

GW, hit me up:M:M:M
Akshually, at high tv mass dirty player Bret army can out-cas pretty much every other team sans developed chaos. Fumbbl is a proof of that - so many people were butthurt about Brets they nerfed them and introduced their own reworked team.

Harthwain

Magister
[...] blitzer catching the ball with no reroll and a hundred million other shit
Blitzers have built-in Catch re-roll. But it's true my Blitzer didn't even need that.

But jokes aside, if my fireball wouldn't have worked so well - and I didn't have a ton of luck throughout the entire match - I think Darth Roxor would have won easily.

Suffice to say that despite everything going against him the game was decided on his 16th turn. He made the 3+ dodge and then failed 3+ pickup with a re-roll. Otherwise he would've tied the game. Granted, my Blitzer somehow managed to fail ALL of his pickup attempts on my last offensive drive (4 in total, I think. One was with a Team Re-roll), so I wasn't able to secure the ball and progress with it to Darth Roxor's half and we ended up in a giant brawl over it. Still, he managed to play well, considering the hand he was dealt.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Watching the game now. Even as green as I am, I'd be ever so slightly peeved too if my opponent got secure possession of the ball, in my half of the pitch, before the first turn of MY drive :hero::hero:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Watching the game now. Even as green as I am, I'd be ever so slightly peeved too if my opponent got secure possession of the ball, in my half of the pitch, before the first turn of MY drive :hero::hero:
The blitz kickoff event is pretty "FUN" in general.

Adequate levels of paranoia means that even on offense you position your dudes to somewhat block a disastrous blitz. But when the ball lands as close to the los as possible, there isn't that much you can do.

vazha

Arcane
IF I buy it will I be able to use this to play with you guyse on steam?

Zanzoken

Arcane
I have never bought anything off that site but it looks like it'll give you a key to activate on Steam, which is what we're all playing on.

Idk if it's too late for you to join the current Codex league because we are halfway through, but I'd be down to play friendlies in between competition matches just to get more practice with the game.

vazha

Arcane
Bought it and am installing now. Will need your help later with enrolling in the tournament. Please?

boot

Prophet
Bought it and am installing now. Will need your help later with enrolling in the tournament. Please?

Maybe we can have another tournament after this one ends, right now it's full though.

boot

Prophet
Maybe uhh, we can start a second competition?

Anyone lurking and want to play? Anyone want to run a second team? Whats everyone think?

Zanzoken

Arcane
I can run a second team... thinking about switching to Dark Elves as my main anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom