Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

Zanzoken

Arcane
Sure, when is a good time for you?

Zanzoken

Arcane
Okay, I just need to put a new team together really quick

What's your Steam friend code? I'll send you a friend request as soon as I'm ready

vazha

Arcane
Here? I should select friendly match, right? then invite a friend - when i do that, my friends list is empty and it says "impossible to play without an opponent"

Zanzoken

Arcane
Hmm yeah I think that's right, I saw you on there for a second but you just disappeared

vazha

Arcane
Yeah was a fun one :D Especially the last touchdown fail and then my ko'ed heavy knights staying asleep )))

bionicman

Liturgist
vazha how do you like blood bowl 2 (compared to fumbbl)?

Some tips:

- by pressing CTRL multiple times on your keyboard you can switch various grid modes on and preview of players' abilities.
- I recommend opening the settings and setting the camera mode to "free" and controls to "blood bowl 1"
- also, the cutscene animations are nice but getting boring after a while, so I just turn them all off (although you can e.g. only turn them on for touchdowns)
- weird part about the UI: the kick ability only works for some reason if the kicker is *selected* (i think you have to right click the player to select him)
- you can also turn the announcers off and their subtitles if they get annoying

Harthwain

Magister
- I recommend opening the settings and setting the camera mode to "free" and controls to "blood bowl 1"
I'd recommend "Blood Bowl 1" camera instead. The "Free" camera has the tendency to lower itself from time to time and it can easily get annoying. "Blood Bowl 1" camera is much more stable and it's very easy to zoom in and out for larger field of view or better top-down overview of the pitch.

I am using "Blood Bowl 2" control mode, by the way (left-click of the mouse button to issue commands).

vazha

Super important: go to "Skill" tab in settings and set all skills to "Manual" mode (they are all set to "Automatic" by default). That way you'll get much better control over what you want to use in any given scenario.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
boot ready whenever

Edit: I may have slightly miscalculated some things. Would you be interested in doing me a solid and rescheduling for tomorrow? Can do it now if not, but just thought I'd ask

Last edited:

boot

Prophet
boot ready whenever

Edit: I may have slightly miscalculated some things. Would you be interested in doing me a solid and rescheduling for tomorrow? Can do it now if not, but just thought I'd ask

if it's better for you don't mind waiting for tomorrow, I'm on now though

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
boot ready whenever

if it's better for you don't mind waiting for tomorrow, I'm on now though
If it's all good we'll do it tomorrow then. Appreciate it men :bro:
I can do any time between ~17 and 21 my time, if you have a preference speak up, otherwise I say we do it 24 hours from now (that's 19:50 here).

To the thread at large: my steam name is boenere624, feel free to add me one and all, especially if we haven't played yet. Much nicer IMO not to clog up the thread with scheduling posts if it can be done more conveniently elsewhere.

vazha

Arcane
vazha how do you like blood bowl 2 (compared to fumbbl)?
Liking it just fine, but still prefer Fumbbl for the aesthetics and wide variety of teams. Also BB 2 is more time-consuming as I discovered last night, but this can probably be remedied by turning off the animations.

Thanks for the tips gentlemen and looking forward to the new tournament. Otherwise, if you want to play a random match, just drop me an invite, my code is : 131974161

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Nooblet advice corner: learn to chainpush.

Consider this situation, Strange Fellow:

202104202033431.png

First, you put your blitzer next to the thrower to set up the chainpush. Then you blitz with the blagorg against the elf in the middle to push out the thrower to a safe square. Note that even if the elf was pushed instead of downed, you could still whack him back with either the lino or the blagorg on the left to free up the carrier completely. After that you could run right into the semi-cage prepared there and it would be essentially GG.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I watched a video on chain-pushing by AndyDavo and he said to look for " T shapes " which I found to be an easy way to remember it. Kind of an advanced technique but seems to allow you to do some big-brain stuff if you master it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Nooblet advice corner, pt 2: Just because you got the ball, it doesn't mean you have to IMMEDIATELY WITHDRAW EVERY PLAYER IN THE VICINITY to form a cage.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Cheers boot.

Anyone who's interested in participating in a second comp, reply to this post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom