Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Codex Needs to Mature

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Greetings, my esteemed compatriots.

I'm sure we have all noticed this worrying sign of less-than-stellar intellectual display from our community. Whenever a new button is introduced, the vast majority of our user base regresses to the level of a toddler, spamming the new rating with shameless abandon, like a kid who just got a new toy. We must understand the greater context, purpose and need for the rating system, and not use it as a glorified garbage posting tool.

Indeed, misusing our valuable rating resource is like believing in invisible, omnipotent, homophobic sky wizards in 2017, or acting like women don't belong on the internet. If we ever wish to ascend to the higher levels of cognitive awareness and prestigious debate, we must contain our childish, offensive and outdated urges to destroy the intellectual and sociopolitically relevant status of this website.

There is no shame in recognizing your own shortcomings and taking inspiration from other, more successful sources. I think it would benefit this website greatly if we would follow the example of another community, Reddit, for their obviously superior status to the current RPG Codex. This site is still plagued by immature rating-tantrums, primitive superstition and belief in bronze age mythology, prevalence of racist & sexist slurs and undeserved elitist mindset.

If we truly wish to become the elite we pretend to be, we must work hard for it. Put down the Bible, contain your primitive, testosterone-fueled outbursts and attain true enlightenment through class, debate and political progress. True masculinity is made of chivalrous virtue, not mindless aggression. Only once the shackles of your archaic mindset are broken, can this community truly flourish.

Now, will you grant me the honour of this dance? *bows respectfully*

Crooked Bee
Scrooge
ScottishMartialArts

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
CMp4UNj.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Greetings, my esteemed compatriots.

I'm sure we have all noticed this worrying sign of less-than-stellar intellectual display from our community. Whenever a new button is introduced, the vast majority of our user base regresses to the level of a toddler, spamming the new rating with shameless abandon, like a kid who just got a new toy. We must understand the greater context, purpose and need for the rating system, and not use it as a glorified garbage posting tool.

Indeed, misusing our valuable rating resource is like believing in invisible, omnipotent, homophobic sky wizards in 2017, or acting like women don't belong on the internet. If we ever wish to ascend to the higher levels of cognitive awareness and prestigious debate, we must contain our childish, offensive and outdated urges to destroy the intellectual and sociopolitically relevant status of this website.

I am conflicted. On one hand I agree with the above, and can cite as reference how Job Creater went the extra distance of giving one of my 2015 posts a fedora rating.

On the other hand, you post this:

There is no shame in recognizing your own shortcomings and taking inspiration from other, more successful sources. I think it would benefit this website greatly if we would follow the example of another community, Reddit

Reddit is about as successful and superior as diarrhea: It gets the job done and is easier on you than the norm, but everything else about it is just bad.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Hoist with mine owne petar, thou hast delivered retribution for my intentions so pure. What possessed thee to inflict such malicious torments upon this site as buttons so ugly? Daggers shall I speak to thee but use none. Doubt that the community hath good taste, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I such tastelessness. Out, damned buttons! out, I say!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Equip the ring was all about giving a perplexing response to newbs that didn't answer their question. WTF is the use of that as a button?

:decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom