Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Codexian Wasteland 2 Location + Statue Fund-Raising Drive

Shannow

Waster of Time
I want Wasteland 2 to be a good game. You're more optimistic about it than I am. It's a slippery slope for shit like this. It will only get worse in future kickstarters with people paying for more and more dumb shit that will ruin the games.
It's not so much that I'm more optimistic (I may or may not be), I just prefer to be constructive about it. I don't see the point in whining about fans making stupid suggestions. Just give a counter point. The Super Poll I plan on making will have options to vote for muted vs. wacky references and I'm pretty sure most people will prefer the muted option.
And even if inXile go totally wacky and over-the-top with the references that might fit the game and turn out better than anything discrete that I may suggest. On the other hand they may implement it discretely and it'll be complete shit.
Either way, 1) I doubt very much that the overall quality of the game will hinge on this one aspect 2) I'll only start whining when inXile start showing stupid stuff.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I wrote this in the paypal comment, but just in case, I don't need a digital copy either.
I will donate $1 just to get a $15 copy then :troll:

He raises a valid point. Donations under $15 shouldn't be eligble for digital copies, as that would just undercut Brian Fargo and result in less jewgoldz being sent towards W2.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Donations under $15 shouldn't be eligble for digital copies, as that would just undercut Brian Fargo and result in less jewgoldz being sent towards W2.

Don't worry. Currently, I'm only negotiating copies for those who've donated at least $15 (and needs one) with Fargo. Nothing is set in stone yet, but that is most likely to be the case. As soon as we reach an agreement, I or DU will post an official announcement.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wrote this in the paypal comment, but just in case, I don't need a digital copy either.
I will donate $1 just to get a $15 copy then :troll:

He raises a valid point. Donations under $15 shouldn't be eligble for digital copies, as that would just undercut Brian Fargo and result in less jewgoldz being sent towards W2.
I don't agree, if someone wants to donate 10$ then he will, even if he does not get a digital copy. We stated specifically that this donation is for Wasteland2 and the whole digital copy business will be worked out later on. If people that donated less than 15$ get a copy, why be butthurt about it ? Isn't it great that we all can probably get a digital copy ? Or would you want to hoard your copies just so that <15$ donators will not get one ? I *really* don't think that the tens of users that donated less than 15$ will impact Brian's profit much eh.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
But the second someone would be willing to donate $15 directly for a copy, but decides to donate $10 to our fundraiser instead because it looks likely he'll get a cheaper copy that way, we're competing directly with the kickstarter page. Which seems counterproductive for a fundraiser for the project.

and if someone isn't willing to pay $15 for wasteland 2, fuck 'em. They don't deserve nice things anyway. :rpgcodex:

majestik12

Arcane
I wonder why people who have registered yesterday already are patrons and I am still not.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I wonder why people who have registered yesterday already are patrons and I am still not.
I was wondering the same thing but DU said that he was getting to them today. I imagine it has been quite the clusterfuck with so much going on recently.

I mean he still has to find time to use all that money so that hookers can do lines of coke off of his cock. Priorities, man!

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2

I was a patron before.Lost it somehow with the site overhaul and still not even after I've made my donation for wasteland 2. Maybe we don visit frequent enough to count as patrons ( :looks sadly at the post count)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Noted up to here everyone who said we can keep their copy, though I note a large majority of them aren't in the top 50 anyway...

Going through the list and organising donations now.

MetalCraze

Arcane
DU I hope you won't be a moron and will ask Fargo to NOT include a reference to the Codex or any other forum or nerd into the game because of this donation.

Please. You know it's the right thing to do.

DU: I'm listed twice on the donor list (kicked up the contribution twice, some of it probably wasn't merged with the original), don't need a copy.

Gregz

Arcane
DU I hope you won't be a moron and will ask Fargo to NOT include a reference to the Codex or any other forum or nerd into the game because of this donation.

Please. You know it's the right thing to do.

That's kinda the point man. Subtle, tasteful rape. An inside joke, but present in the game to show that we were there when the revolution started. That we helped kindle it, and then fanned the fucking flames.

The statue should be :rpgcodex: with two raging middle fingers raised high towards

bobby-kotick.jpg

raymuzyka911.jpg

and all the other AAA dildos who were instrumental in the decline.

This was about far more than Wasteland (awesome game that it is), it was about taking back what's ours.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think you might be getting a bit too much into this. I am hoping for the best but thinking that this is some kind of new movement that'll liberate us from publishers is a bit premature. We'll just have to wait and see.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Come on Jasede drink the Kool-Aid!

Also I don't need a copy (and I am in the top 50 bitches so my sacrifice is a real C&C deal).

Also it would be cool if we could be the donation that put them over the 1.5 million mark.

Also I'm drunk on a random week night. Do I have a problem?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom