Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship Combat Beta Thread

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
How large will be BETA test area?
How many game systems will be ready for test?
Any plans to have exo-suit mechs like in Alien 2?
Maybe these questions have already been answered
The first 3 locations: the Pit, the Armory, and the Hydro. All systems will be ready. No plans for the exo-suit mechs.

vota DC

Augur
Well with Power armor and Energy weapons there would be no chances for the sequel with natives that have medieval equipment.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
That cool lookin battle droid who's programmed to treat Owner as his waifu, will that little guy make it into game (post launch maybe)? Or plans for him were disassembled :(

Vault Dweller

Developer
All the creatures are done (the models) now and the droid is next in line. The animator is done with human animations and moved to non-human enemies too (he just did the turret), so we have plenty of times to finish what was planned before release.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
All the creatures are done (the models) now and the droid is next in line. The animator is done with human animations and moved to non-human enemies too (he just did the turret), so we have plenty of times to finish what was planned before release.

Good, good. I wait for this game, keep it up, mates.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
Here is my hammer sis - tried to see if 10 str is worth it. I'd say not yet tbh, 10 dex and no damage when running felt much stronger. Then again, for combat beta it's not a bad option - dr stacks, and having the implant and heavy armor means later fights (5 deacons/carter/muties) are much easier. Still needed stims and chem, but killing 2 deacons with graze 1st turn felt amazing.
The accuracy felt like it was a big problem - many hammers have debuffs for it. The graze dmg bulid is a nice option, but in general I'd say blades are more useful - reaction >>> stagger (i didn't even took + stagger perk). Hardest fights were first competent 3 shooters, and weirdly Mags and sons - her tactics of hit and run while I tried to graze her killed me a few times after I took her sons.
comment_1611412940b8LHraC1WtbHMcBtpW5jkc,w400.jpg

comment_1611413423sBLHFyvM3dV3r1OXwr0X4s,w400.jpg

I don't think str perk is worth it yet, compared to the amazing dex perk at least. This was also my 3rd character that passed I think, so I optimized for available stuff - no aimed attacks (amazing perk btw), and ocular implant upgrade for example.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
Just played around with the character creation and I liked what I saw. I found the system intuitive and I liked answering answers about the history of the ship. Graphics are also nice and the first area is very atmospheric. If I wasn't sure that I would buy this game on release, I would've been now :). I hold my thumbs, that everything goes right for you Iron Tower Studios :)!

Technomancer

Liturgist
Any updates on the droid VD? Heard it was under cutting threat or lame eye bot conversion.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Any updates on the droid VD? Heard it was under cutting threat or lame eye bot conversion.
No update yet. The droid requires a relatively complex 3D model, extensive animations, upgrade/character interface, possibly inventory. If we can't do the first two, we will have no choice but to replace it with an eye bot. Right now the animator is working on the floater which has a higher priority.

Technomancer

Liturgist
we will have no choice but to replace it with an eye bot.
Would it be possible to replace it again with intended model in the future, when the game is fully released? Or once the eye bot conversion is made it will become permanent?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Theoretically, yes, but it's very unlikely as there's always something else to work on, plus who knows what issues it might cause, like getting stuck somewhere or worse - ED-209 falling down the stairs. So either we manage to do it in time or not at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom