Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Just got the game on GoG Sunday night, so doing my part. Also trying to pimp the game on Reddit.

Jinn

Arcane
Alright, I caved on my "no early access reviews" rule and dropped a positive one. Was honest about the intention being entirely for visibility though.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is there a good smg hiding somewhere? Faythe has been using the rusty x5 for pretty much the entire game. Specifically, I need something with more oomph. 10-14 just isn't cutting it against elder creepers and what have you. I know of the raider (can be found in church shop), but it only has 11-14 so barely an improvement. I have an energy smg which deals more, but at that point I'd rather let Evans go wild with the officers pistol (20-22 is pretty crazy).

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Is there a good smg hiding somewhere?
1688056598290.png

1688056622640.png

Both are from the Habitat.

They seem to be underpowered compared to any rifles as the CTH is too low. They're most useful for removing shields and static turrets.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
They seem to be underpowered compared to any rifles as the CTH is too low.
Not just CTH, the damage also feels pretty low. When the enemies have 16 armor 12-14 and 10% pen just isn't cutting it. Maybe it's time for me to retire faythe and take one of the later companions with better weapons...

agris

Arcane
Patron
Jaedar can you show us your character sheet for her? There's some SMG/ranged feats that bypass DR and are pretty much required if you want to use SMGs on heavily armored targets, if I'm remembering right.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Interestingly, after the last update i loaded my save and my science guy somehow got his range of yellow tiles expanded and i could access that trap terminal. Sadly enough i think they changed something with lockpick skill checks in that chamber, earlier i got there thanks to Harbinger that was available for me to use(rip Jed though), that was only a test run though i was able to somehow achieve lvl 9 lockpicking and unlock those doors in armory on upper levels of Mission Controll, as you can guess i was disappointed.
lagawIi.png

Considering that new cabinet got added to this area in current update i wonder if those rooms were finished. Also dont forget to check that final red hydroponics area full of creepers, frogs and mental jellyfish, they added new corpse with riot torso armor and leg armor in pristine condition (that is literally in their name), for whatever reason riot armguard is damaged, i guess one spoon of tar in a barrel of honey.
Besides that does anyone knows how to open that chest in the Pit that cant be lockpicked (that one near turrets and guards)?

Last edited:

Zariusz

Arbiter
Besides that does anyone knows how to open that chest in the Pit that cant be lockpicked (that one near turrets and guards)?

It's for Braxton's quest, done at a time in which we couldn't enable and disable them. I need to update the quest to the current tools one day.
And i guess that new locker in red Hydroponics is also part of some quest, also are you planing to use that toxic gate in the Factory? I think you could use it like that toxic pit with ladder in Maintenance Tunnels of Habitat. Besides that you have typo in one of these lvl 9 lockpicking doors in Mission Controll, it reads 0 instead of 9.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

It's for Braxton's quest, done at a time in which we couldn't enable and disable them. I need to update the quest to the current tools one day.
And i guess that new locker in red Hydroponics is also part of some quest, also are you planing to use that toxic gate in the Factory? I think you could use it like that toxic pit with ladder in Maintenance Tunnels of Habitat. Besides that you have typo in one of these lvl 9 lockpicking doors in Mission Controll, it reads 0 instead of 9.

Nope, those are bugs, should be fixed in the next update. We are going to do something like that in that factory gate.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Elhoim while you’re on the topic of containers…

When you eventually implement “empty containers no longer highlight”, how are you going to handle bodies that have been looted but have un-extracted implants?

Given the current implant extraction model, I imagine some players may decline to extract a junked implant when their skill is too low, and come back to bodies when they can extract an implant that can be repaired.

I think bodies with any un-extracted implants should remain highlighted, even if they’ve been looted.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Bodies should disappear after some time. Going back to some location after x hours just to extract an implant from a body seems very unrealistic.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Bodies should disappear after some time. Going back to some location after x hours just to extract an implant from a body seems very unrealistic.
Especially when there is nutrient extractor machine right outside your apartment that feeds on bodies.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Elhoim while you’re on the topic of containers…

When you eventually implement “empty containers no longer highlight”, how are you going to handle bodies that have been looted but have un-extracted implants?

Given the current implant extraction model, I imagine some players may decline to extract a junked implant when their skill is too low, and come back to bodies when they can extract an implant that can be repaired.

I think bodies with any un-extracted implants should remain highlighted, even if they’ve been looted.

If it has an implant is not empty, so it should be interactive.

Something to keep in mind is that bodies disappear from time to time (mostly tied to events), and in general enemies in the first chapters rarely have very hard to extract implants (especially now that the extraction requirement is 1 point lower). The highest is 5 for the skin, the ranges from 2 to 4, so with Sarah's training + a tag you can get them all. So it would be a very rare situation in which you want to leave a body for a very particular implant.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Persistence of dead bodies feels incline to me. Never liked bodies that magically disappear, at least if there is no lore reason to do that.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Persistence of dead bodies feels incline to me. Never liked bodies that magically disappear, at least if there is no lore reason to do that.

In towns lore-wise they should disappear fairly quickly:

"Your adventure ends before it begins. You die where you were born, in a small container town in Cargo Hold 3, and your dreams to see the world, or at least to get out of that damned cargo hold, die with you. Your body will go on, shoved into the nearest biorecycler to feed the thousands of others still striving aboard the Ship."

Zariusz

Arbiter

"Your adventure ends before it begins. You die where you were born, in a small container town in Cargo Hold 3, and your dreams to see the world, or at least to get out of that damned cargo hold, die with you. Your body will go on, shoved into the nearest biorecycler to feed the thousands of others still striving aboard the Ship."

Do you have any plans to add some content to Habitat Entrance? Besides going to different faction areas for the first time, there is nothing to do there and considering that this is the main connection between those factions, basically the main trade road its very weird. You could add traders from different regions of the Ship, camps of squatters, some conflict event between faction members, quests, some hidden and locked caches, literally anything.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Especially when there is nutrient extractor machine right outside your apartment that feeds on bodies.
it's obviously situational. as Elhoim pointed out, in towns and populated areas, yeah it doesn't make sense for them to stick around. In areas that haven't seen a living human in 25+ years? a body remaining there makes a lot of sense.

Technomancer

Liturgist
it's obviously situational. as Elhoim pointed out, in towns and populated areas, yeah it doesn't make sense for them to stick around. In areas that haven't seen a living human in 25+ years? a body remaining there makes a lot of sense.

Unless there are body scavenging crews in lore and roaming predators.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Jaedar can you show us your character sheet for her? There's some SMG/ranged feats that bypass DR and are pretty much required if you want to use SMGs on heavily armored targets, if I'm remembering right.
DBCD293EC15A6FF3CB66E81E24E58781FF5FEE61

DFA697963D2DA95FAF260531A7714180A3DB16A8

I guess I should have given her ocular instead of motor so I could get the perk with an additional +10 pen?
Can we have robot companion yet?
There are some fights where the robot can help you, but it can't join you as a companion afaik.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

Do you have any plans to add some content to Habitat Entrance? Besides going to different faction areas for the first time, there is nothing to do there and considering that this is the main connection between those factions, basically the main trade road its very weird. You could add traders from different regions of the Ship, camps of squatters, some conflict event between faction members, quests, some hidden and locked caches, literally anything.

Yes, we are reworking the area for the next update (beta end of this month if everything goes right).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Elhoim
The new(?) stipulation that companions have at least 250$ worth of equipment to be dismissed feels weird. If you allow Evans into your party at the start, you can't dismiss him because even if you give him a lot of extra stuff he still won't get to 250$ total value.

Not sure what a clean fix would be, maybe base the requirement on the value of their starting gear?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom