Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Colony Ship Early Access Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Technomancer

Liturgist
It's out. Let's do it.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7954.0.html

Right click on the game in your library -> properties -> betas -> public beta

It's work in progress; we need 4-5 days (not a long wait) to finish it, so you can wait or jump in and see how it's shaping up.

What's the test for? Mainly to test the flow, various options, and balance, plus feedback to shape it further.

What's still missing? Visual improvements, party banter, a couple of non-combat encounters, exploration rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Beta is bugged as hell a the moment. Lots of areas in the Hydroponics are broken. You get stuck in towers with nothing intractable in range, followers get stuck when they enter zones, etc.

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah they made a huge mess in the starting areas, it was supposed to be played from save solely to the new location it seems. Will wait for the fix since I wanted to start over. Public testing after all.

jackofshadows

Magister
Update is up! All reported issues are fixed. We also made some tweaks:

- Smiles now equips her helmet in combat, and reloads her weapon after. Plus has more ammo.
- Minor tweaks to the ambush.
- Bart now has skill in pistol. We'll add more consumables for sale at Fort Stanton.
- Tweaked the Black Hand fort bridge fight, but would only work if you load a save from before going to the factory (will make it less map dependent for the final update).
- Did some tweaks for feats and some weapons. We are looking into adding a bonus against enemies in cover for Dodge this!, but it won't be in for this update.
Don't know about Hydroponics but the grate problem and few others that I've seen has been solved.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
So, I installed the beta and loaded a finished save, but factory is still unavailable on the world map. Am I missing something here?

Btw, there's no "public beta" on beta tab, only "public test". Is that the one?

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>Is that the one?
Yes. That's the one you click:
XsbIJU8.png
>factory is still unavailable on the world map
If it's colored, then that means it's available to you. See:
To get there. You need to finish Jonas/Braxaton Quest Line. Once you've done so. The area will unlock for you:
Simply click it and you'll go to the new area.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
>Is that the one?
Yes. That's the one you click:
>factory is still unavailable on the world map
If it's colored, then that means it's available to you. See:
To get there. You need to finish Jonas/Braxaton Quest Line. Once you've done so. The area will unlock for you:
Simply click it and you'll go to the new area.

It's uncolored. I've finished all the content in the first act three times, but none of the saves let me go to the factory.

I'm reinstalling the game right now to see if that fixes it, but the download speed is sucking ass for some reason :rage:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
We're looking into it. Basically, the snipers can't attack as the barrier fully blocks you, and instead of skipping turn, the AI freezes for some reason.

jackofshadows

Magister
Some feedback not for the Factory yet but for the old 3 locations: I went for mastermind rifle solo again despite the nerf and due to much slower learning rate it is still viable choice I think. Although maybe rather for hybrid types, not this combat-oriented (tagged rifle evasion crit sneak). Overall difficulty became significantly higher thanks to various nerfs, even in terms of credits for a while. I feel like I'm playing ITS game again, hell yeah! Also no way I could raise either computers up to 4 or lockpick up to 5 w/o tags.

jackofshadows

Magister
Well, I haven't played since the very few EA builds so there're quite a lot of not necessary nerfs rather than changes by now. So much so that I'm reading tooltips all the time. For instance, mastermind now increases only tagged skills LP by those 50 extra % and gives extra feat only every 3 level (was every 2 IIRC). Significant, huh? Or distortion shiled now working agaisnt ranged attacks only (I'm pretty sure it has worked against melee too). You can read the changelogs here but those two sticky topics don't seem to represent all the changes since then.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
For instance, mastermind now increases only tagged skills LP by those 50 extra % and gives extra feat only every 3 level (was every 2 IIRC). Significant, huh?
and here i was told that mastermind isnt wasnt that good

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
It was pretty OP, now it's merely good.
were learning curves adapted in any way? Can you still handle all thievery(without sneak) and tech checks without tags with max int and all metagaming there is? Do you plan on allowing such?

jackofshadows

Magister
Can you still handle all thievery(without sneak) and tech checks without tags with max int and all metagaming there is?
Highly doubtful. Even for the first 3 locations. This is my current state before moving on to the Factory:
6ED6EA01B8879AD27BAB0B43347F37F602B14429
Armory has lockpick check 5 and computers 4 (+ another one in the Pit). That's why mastermind was truly OP. I did miss few lp here and there like 10 (!) in computers/electronics from Sharped face's dialogue but that's still not even close.

And this is the same build from playing in the early build (before even completenig everything + keep in mind that few new lockpick checks were added)
B824731F27D63228C0F2711CD935AC5E582482C9

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The main idea is that a lone character plays like in AoD: You have to pick your strengths. Back then, it was putting all your SP in some skills. In this game, it's represented by tags. INT 10 + Mastermind allows you to cover more bases and being much better on them, but even then you have to choose (or bring someone along).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom