Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Comprehensive list of RPGs? / Can't remember game

MrEvilGuy

Educated
I remember a few years ago finding a site that was maintained by one person, who had a comprehensive list of all RPGs ever released (for PC specifically I think). I think I found that site through RPGCodex, but can't find it anymore. Does anybody know the site I'm thinking of?

I'm trying to find an obscure game from the mid-90s, which had you play as an old man in a nightgown, isometric, and there were pots that sometimes caught on fire. Either a puzzle RPG or just a puzzle game. No other information available.

Ysaye

Arbiter
I remember a few years ago finding a site that was maintained by one person, who had a comprehensive list of all RPGs ever released (for PC specifically I think). I think I found that site through RPGCodex, but can't find it anymore. Does anybody know the site I'm thinking of?

I'm trying to find an obscure game from the mid-90s, which had you play as an old man in a nightgown, isometric, and there were pots that sometimes caught on fire. Either a puzzle RPG or just a puzzle game. No other information available.

Do you remember whether it was a shareware game? Was it Mystic Towers (1994, Apogee)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystic_Towers

It is funny sometimes how hard it is to find information on some of the more obscure games from that period. I have wanted to recall the name of one which was a silhouette platformer-adventure-action-rpg(similar to Limbo but fantasy setting) where you were a sorcerer-warrior character in sort graveyard kind of world, there were seven sorcerers (of different creature types) in towers that you had to visit to learn different spells and so forth and one of them was supposedly a "traitor" (I never found out which one) - I thought it had "black" or "dark" in the title but I have never been able to remember.....

Tiospo

Learned
What do you remember about the gameplay of that game?

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Mystic Towers. He was named Baldriq or something and it was fun adventure/puzzle game. Like Cadaver, but much easier.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Might be The Immortal:
immortal_3.jpg

MrEvilGuy

Educated
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, Mystic Towers was correct.

Thank you everyone for your help!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom