Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Control - supernatural third person action-adventure from Remedy

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I've heard you like trannies

5ejuo9q.jpg

Wth3zFO.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
You're getting used to it after a minute. But debating personal taste is useless.

I get that some people like the cleaner look of having no effects like that, but I'm definitely not one of them. Especially when the game was as designed around them as this one is. I flirted with turning off global reflections because they're so grainy, but it really made the game look weird and not correct. Areas I was supposed to see were pitch black, and the mystical realm or whatever they call it had flat black platforms instead of glowing marble ones. But if you like it I'm happy for you, everyone's different.

Frozen

Arcane
Would pirate even if it is boring shit if chick was at least good looking but like this...best DRM was making her tranny.

edit: this is console crap only, oh well so much for that LOL

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
He means that it's Epic Games Store only. Honestly I'd just pirate, play it now and buy it on sale on Steam when it comes out. I don't buy full price games anyway.

Self-Ejected

Carls Barkley

Safav Hamon
The Real Fanboy
The protagonist was inspired by figures such as CIA director Allen Dulles and FBI director Edgar Hoover, who both had strong jawlines.

image.jpg

j_edgar_hoover_img.jpg

It's not a very feminine quality, but it makes sense given her status as FBC director.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Patch is out. Nice performance bump on high settings for me, getting over 60fps pretty much all the time now at 1440p with a 2070. Was getting 50-55 in some areas before. Also the motion blur off option seems to remove more of it than the hex edit did, so that's cool. Though the game still has a somewhat blurry look anyway, I think because of the lighting effects.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://505games.com/control-whats-next/

Control Community Blog - What's Next?
Free DLC content includes Photo Mode and a challenging new game mode

Hi everyone! Today, I want to hand over to our friends at Remedy, who have some exciting Control updates to share with our community…

Over to you, Thomas and Mikael…

Control – What’s Next?

Now that Control has launched and we’ve been able to get a few updates out of the way, it’s time to take a look at what’s coming next. We will continue to build on the world of Control, creating additional game content all the way through 2020. We already have a small team in place at Remedy that’s busy working on post-launch content.

Here’s a brief overview of what’s coming to Control…

First up, while some crafty PC players “unlocked” their own versions of this already, we are working on a much-desired Photo Mode, which will enable you to take some awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House. Make sure you unlock all of her costumes to flex by the time the Photo Mode arrives this fall. We’ll have more information on this soon.

New Game Mode
In December, we will release a new game mode for Control that we are currently calling Expeditions. This will be a challenging new end-game mode in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face the some the greatest challenges that the Oldest House can throw at you. You will need the best gear and abilities to survive. Expeditions is free for all players.

Expansions
Moving ahead to 2020, there will be two full, paid expansions that our team is hard at work creating: The Foundation and AWE. Both of these will offer new story missions, enemies, and game mechanics, and take place in new locations within the Oldest House.

The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself. Expect things to get weird.

The second expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new part of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.

Finally, we would like to thank everyone from press to fans and the entire community for your support and feedback. The amazing response to Control means the world for us. Keep it coming!

Mikael Kasurinen (Game Director)
Thomas Puha (Communications Director)

CONTROL_post_launch_roadmap_FINAL.jpg

Alan Wake?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The game already references Alan Wake, they take place in the same universe. So makes sense. I doubt I go back to the game in 2020 though, maybe further down the line in a replay.

PrettyDeadman

If Remedy had done another linear popamole Max Payne/Quantum Break, I think they'd shot themselves into irrelevancy. The good world building of The House saved their reputation.
I don't think that Control will do something to bring them out of irrelevancy. Quantum Break is no worse than Alan Wake or Control, and all of their games are absolutely brilliant, the best the genre can offer. The only reason they are kinda irrelevant is shit popamole tastes of majority of gamers.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I will admit DLSS works better here than it ever did before, but it still looks like total garbage compared to native resolution.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Man, this game almost flew under my radar. I remember seeing a trailer for it during E3 or Gamescom and didn't think much of it since Quantum Break was forgettable. I pretty much only picked it up to flex my new hardware for the first time and I'm glad I did. Sleeper hit of the year for me. The presentation and atmosphere is insane. Even little things like the Dark Souls'esque area name pop-up hit just right.
Nice performance bump on high settings for me, getting over 60fps pretty much all the time now at 1440p with a 2070.

Is this with the RTX stuff enabled?

I get low 30s with everything on max, including RTX with my 2080 at 1440p. Medium RTX bounces me up to high 40s to mid 50s and the visual difference is barely noticeable. That's still pre patch mind you. Didn't even know they released a new patch and haven't played since I finished the game a few days ago.

I will admit DLSS works better here than it ever did before, but it still looks like total garbage compared to native resolution.

That garbage seems only useful for silly people who bought 4K screens and then realized "oh shit I cannot afford to buy a new top tier GPU every year to support this!". So now they'll have to render their games at lower than native resolution.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom