Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Coordinating wars: Skype, IRC, or something else?

Which program should we use for war?

• IRC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skype (written, not spoken)

• Other

• Nothing (Pacifist)

• Total voters

Humanophage

Arcane
It is vital for military success to properly coordinate attacks. The healthiest way to do so is through a chat. Now, there are several options for this, the foremost two known to me being Skype and IRC.

Skype is easier to use and shows offline messages. IRC is more wide-spread and more stable. I should think there are some other ways - if you can think of anything better, please say so.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
IRC.

We are a multinational bunch, most of us probably don't speak english that good. I, for example, speak very fast and people have problems understanding me even in polish. Written word is way better for that.

Humanophage

Arcane
I didn't mean actually speaking on Skype. It's possible to create conferences there which will effectively act as a permanent chat, as the messages are all stored there. On IRC, on the other hand, messages disappear without a trace.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Well, I use skype primarily to chat (written) ;)
I just don't know if skype is capable of chat-rooms. So far I've only used it to chat with one person at a time.

I have an irrational hate for IRC though (not quite irrational, viruses, fucked up privacy and malicious use of chan-rights have been problems in the past), so I'd prefer skype.

Humanophage

Arcane
I'd prefer Skype as well. Yes, it's possible to create chat rooms there, though I have very limited acquaintance with the program.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Isn't the forum good enough? Unless you're talking about the arena, the game goes slow enough to coordinate from here, with the added bonus of being able to post images for more clear information.

Anyway, I would be happy using Skype.

Katana_LOL

Educated
Im alright with either, but there is always the possibility to use $team for this, as there is the chat function, also we could start a user group in $team its self for our players.

Dont tell me you dont have steam because most of you buggers would.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Meh, I have Steam, but I never use it and it takes fucking ages to load, so if I'm going to use a program specifically for chatting I would prefer one as light and efficient as possible.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Berekän said:
Meh, I have Steam, but I never use it and it takes fucking ages to load, so if I'm going to use a program specifically for chatting I would prefer one as light and efficient as possible.

:thumbsup:

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
xfire, IQC (lolololol, cant remember my number -_-) probably a few other programs about.

Im up for IRC or Skype.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom